Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Ectojeff88 wrote: August 13th, 2021, 12:54 pm Is the interior of Liberty prep/ Slime Time cue missing from the album or in another track separate from Liberty’s Shadow?
It's missing.

I've been cross-posting this in a few places today, this is the order I came with for the score only:

S2 - A Baby Carriage Meets Heavy Traffic (2:01)
S8C - Rooftop Broom Kidnap (2:42-End) [Rename to "No More Parties"]
S14 - Good With Kids (1:23)
S15 - Enlightenment (1:32)
S9A - The Scoleri Brothers (:00-:59) [Rename to "The Verdict"]
S4A - Order in the Court (:00-:2:09.4)
S13C - Vigo’s Last Stand (2:05.65-End) [Rename to "Carpathian Kitten Loss"]
S4B - Order in the Court (2:09.4-3:05.5) [Rename to "Bath Time"]
S9C - The Scoleri Brothers (1:20-End) [Rename to "Suck in the Guts (Alternate)"]
S4C - Order in the Court (3:05.5-End) [Rename to "She Cleaned"]
S8A - Rooftop Broom Kidnap (:00-:38) [Rename to "Asking Janine Out"]
S11B - A Slime Darkened Doorway (1:16.8-End) [Rename to "Developing Photos"]
S11A - A Slime Darkened Doorway (:00-1:16.8) [Rename to "River of Slime"]
S9B - The Scoleri Brothers (:59-1:20) [Rename to "No Reservations"]
S8B - Rooftop Broom Kidnap (:38-2:42) [Rename to "Rooftop"]
S7 - In Liberty’s Shadow (3:48)
S13B - Vigo’s Last Stand (1:15.9-2:05.65) [Rename to "Janosz is Hosed"]
S5 - He’s Got Carpathian Eyes (2:34)
S13A - Vigo’s Last Stand (:00-1:15.9)
S16 - Family Portrait / Finale (:00-1:29.86)
S1 - A Few Friends Save Manhattan (2:01)

Unused/Newly Composed Tracks:
S16 - Family Portrait / Finale (1:29.86-End)
S12 - One Leaky Sewer Faucet (1:13)
S3 - Venkman’s 6th Ave. Strut (3:06)
S6 - The Sensitive Side of Dana (4:08)
S10 - Oscar is Quietly Surrounded (4:23)

S14 is tracked into a few other areas and the fanfare from S7 is also heard elsewhere. Many of the tracks are alternates of some sort. The only reason S9C is marked as an alternate is because it is 100% different from what was heard in the film but the instrumentation heard is similar to pieces from that section. The finale of S16 is heard on S1 with a piano track preceding it that is unheard in the film.

For another list including where the songs would be placed, go here:
https://chrono-score.blogspot.com/2021/ ... -1989.html
Wafflerobot liked this
By JA Slow
Having this score was a bit like acquiring The Maltese Falcon. As I wrapped it, I said: "Finally, after all these years." It was such a joy to finally hear this music properly and no longer have to rely on bootlegs. Speaking of which, I wonder if people will finally take all those various uploads down now that the real thing is finally available. Probably not.

I only have a few complaints.

Order in the Court is missing the moments when they first open fire on the Scoleri's and when Peter wrangles Nunzio. Everything during the trapping is different. Not bad, but not as grand as what's in the movie. This bummed me out because this is my favorite piece, second to the climax which thankfully was unchanged. This was the one thing that felt like lead after unwrapping it.

The tracks could have been in order and had better titles. Various pieces were merged with those belonging to other scenes but perhaps this was done to prevent a long track list.

Faults aside, I still love this score. It's uplifting, creepy, and a divergence from the GB1 score which is great in its own right, but this one resonates with me more. Money well spent.
robbritton, Wafflerobot liked this
By Seth Rex
I'll finally be getting Ghostbusters II in the mail tomorrow. All I need now is Answer the Call, and I'll have all soundtracks available for each movie, until Afterlife is released.
Owning the score it is nice and cleaned up however there is s till lots missing and plenty of mixed cues. It's a fair piece of work and works with the collections if you have the scores and soundtracks to the other films but it really feels more like a romantic comedy then a supernatural comedy album.
By mrmichaelt
New vinyl re-issue from Mondo on sale at Funko booth during NYCC (October 6-9) and any left overs will be sold at Mondo's online store. Album art was done by Paul Mann, the vinyl will be a Psychomagnotheric Slime pink, the release is limited to 1,989 units, and costs $30.

https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/ghostb ... -sale-info

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/15 ... 8866074624

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/10/04 ... -vinyl-lp/
By zeta otaku
This is cool and all, but if you didn't have a reservation for the Funko booth already, you're screwed since all those slots got taken DAYS ago. Hopefully I can convince someone to buy one for me and pay them back or there's more left overs than I expect when the con ends.
By mrmichaelt
zeta otaku wrote:This is cool and all, but if you didn't have a reservation for the Funko booth already, you're screwed since all those slots got taken DAYS ago. Hopefully I can convince someone to buy one for me and pay them back or there's more left overs than I expect when the con ends.
Sign, now that's just stupid timing to announce the exclusive at the last minute. Hope you can still snag one via a friend.
zeta otaku liked this
By mrmichaelt
zeta otaku wrote: October 5th, 2022, 4:25 pm Not looking likely. No one I know that's going even signed up because... well... they hate Pop figures as much as I do.

Hope there aren't 1989 scalpers signed up at that booth... and Mondo was smart enough to put a bunch aside for their online shop.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]