Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Ghostytheghost
Rather quick photoshop job at the GB lettering so I can make parts of my GBSim game have authentic titles.

Anything to improve on? Let me know.
KRFisher#95 liked this
By Kingpin
For the C, you could make the serifs similar to how they've been depicted on the G, and you could use the upper section of the R to form the loop of the P.

That being said though, something I've had on the boil the last year is a digital font that's as close to the original typeset as humanly possible (using the original 1984 logo, with additional influence from the more streamlined version used for Answer The Call. I hadn't released it yet as I was hoping Afterlife would provide some new reference... But that doesn't appear to be happening.

So unless they use the original font on the non-teaser poster, I'll probably release a copy of it pretty soon.
By d_osborn
Kingpin wrote: December 24th, 2019, 1:32 am I hadn't released it yet as I was hoping Afterlife would provide some new reference... But that doesn't appear to be happening.
...and after making such a big deal about finding the original type kit at Sony!
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
By Ghostytheghost
Very overdue follow-up post with the revised C and P letters.
By Ghostytheghost
So here's a test of the assembled font typed for this as a comfort image for someone on Discord.
Some letters got separated or too close but it's kinda fixable. Might get into numbers or other markings if interest is high/resources for such are available.
KRFisher#95 liked this
By Slunk30
Hey Kingpen-- did you ever finish and release this sweet looking Ghostbusters font?

I've have put hours and hours into finding the original font, but apparently it exists no where. Would love to try out your font if it has been released! You rock.
Last edited by Slunk30 on November 26th, 2020, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Kingpin
It's in a beta, typeable version, though I feel it's still in need of tweaking. I'd actually started preparing a preview recently to get people here involved in refining it. :)
By Alex Newborn
I'm not overly fond of the Q.

Is that from an 'official' source or was it-- as it appears-- made from pasting together an O and an I?

I'd like to see something thinner, more flowing, and tapered for the curlicue.

More like the Q in fonts like Korinna or ITC Korinna.

Alex
By MoneyveoRNB
I am having same problem and dont understand from other posts what is wrong. If I put this in a post:

<--more-->

this displays: ... on the home page but it is not a hyperlink. When I view the source of the page in a browser I see this:

<p> ...</p>

Why is this not a hyperlink?
By Kingpin
MoneyveoRNB wrote: December 5th, 2020, 6:09 am I am having same problem and dont understand from other posts what is wrong. If I put this in a post:

<--more-->

this displays: ... on the home page but it is not a hyperlink. When I view the source of the page in a browser I see this:

<p> ...</p>

Why is this not a hyperlink?
It's not a hyperlink because the forum software doesn't recognise the code you're trying to use.

You have to format links with the url tags, like this:
Code: Select all
[url=www.gbfans.com]Link[/url]
Link
By ZeroSum
Hi
Old thread, I know but I've been mongering around a little bit in the forums and thought I could help with this one. The font you want is Columna. Click on the typeface below for the download page.

By Kingpin
ZeroSum wrote: November 6th, 2021, 9:05 pm The font you want is Columna.
Columna is similar in that it's a classical-style serif font, but it's very different to the typeface used for Ghostbusters:

By ZeroSum
Well... yes and no. It depends on what you're comparing it to. Take an original GB poster for example.

The 'Ghostbusters' font matches up fairly well to the GHOSTBUSTERS text, though I did have to muck around a bit with the letter spacing to get the outline matched:

The Columna font is almost as close, with some obvious differences:

However... when you look at the other text on the poster, it's clear that Columna matches up almost perfectly.

Considering the Columna typeface was designed in 1952 and the Ghostbusters font created in 2004, I think it's fair to say that Columna served as the basis for the font in the marketing. When the marketing material was being designed, in the age before computers, typefaces were often tweaked a bit for use in film posters (kerning, letter shape etc). That would explain how the GHOSTBUSTERS text came to look how it does - because it was tweaked, with Columna as a starting point. The rest of the text used Columna pretty much untouched.
ccv66, Theoderic liked this
By ccv66
It's kind of graphic design 101, if there's text in the logo to give it a custom font.. which is typical slightly adjusting the current one
ZeroSum liked this
    Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]