Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By kind2311
When I was little, I thought he meant a type of ghost called a "free-repeater" like another term for "repeating phantasm", and that he annoyed with the idea because they were such a pain in ass to catch.

Of course after I got older, I realized he meant repeat customers where the return call was free of charge due to some kind of guarantee they made.

Still, I'd like to see a ghost classified as a free-repeater.
mike_waclo, NotSabbat liked this
You sure you weren't right the first time? The Ghostbusters theoretically shouldn't have to keep returning if the offending entities were successfully captured, right? And they do use phrases like "free-floating, full torso apparition" and "non-terminal repeating phantasm". Just shorten that to "free repeaters".
NotSabbat liked this
By Tasky
Or it's just a repeater that isn't confined to one location, ie free and in the open. I'm thinking a ghost haunting an old battleground that is now a large open park... like Central Park or Hyde Park, for example. That would be much harder to trap than something that simply haunts an attic or library.

Otherwise, I imagine it'd be called something like a 'free-return' visit.
Tasky wrote: June 20th, 2020, 3:25 am Or it's just a repeater that isn't confined to one location, ie free and in the open. I'm thinking a ghost haunting an old battleground that is now a large open park... like Central Park or Hyde Park, for example. That would be much harder to trap than something that simply haunts an attic or library.

Otherwise, I imagine it'd be called something like a 'free-return' visit.
Actually, the term repeater only applies to the behavior of the entity and sometimes location is a factor. They have some kind of predictable obsessive repetitious behavior pattern (or for layman spectral OCD) such as manifesting only at a certain time or preying on a certain person only. Alternatively, I've also seen the term also applied to a self-regenerating P.K.E. force. For instance, a cult performs a ritual and leaves a hex behind so the entity will continue to manifest no matter how many times it is trapped until the hex or marking is permanently disrupted such as scratching out a marking, smashing an idol object, or in some cases, applying a healthy dose of positively charged psychomagnotheric ectoplasm then the entity will no longer re-manifest.

Free is often an abbreviation of "Free Floating" or "Free Roaming." It is the term for an entity that can move freely and is not bound to any location. Essentially the opposite of an anchored manifestation like the Library ghost.

Full Torso just means no lower body. In most cases, if you can't see legs or feet.

Non-terminal, I suspect, means a repeater that is essentially doomed to manifest over and over until the end of time until captured and removed by force. Whereas a standard repeater may eventually burn off P.K.E. and in the absence of a nearby P.K.E. source or charged psychic event will lose the ability to fully manifest over time, and eventually can only manifest as wispy hands or knocks on doors.

Phantasm, if I would venture a guess if it had a specific meaning in-universe would be a ghost that is not fully formed corporeal. As with a vapor like Slimer, physical contact could be achieved ever so briefly before it passed through a person or object. Basically a phantasm and vapor are slightly above an insubstantial manifestation, like a wisp.

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]