Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I recently listened to the RUN DMC Theme for Ghostbusters 2 on Spotify and noticed that the song sounded very off. I then went to youtube to listen to the proper version and realized that the hook w/ the original ghostbusters theme that plays over most of the track has been completely removed. The song sounds completely different without it and you can hear some of the other backtracks that were normally obscured by the GB theme. Has anyone else noticed this?
Interesting. It appears the version on the compilation RUN DMC "High Profile: The Original Rhymes" is this version. On Spotify, it plays this version even if you are playing the GB2 soundtrack.

At first I thought it might've been some weird rights issue but the music is still present in other sections ("we ain't 'fraid of no ghost"), so I think it's just alternate mix either done on purpose or included by mistake on the Run DMC compilation. Things like this happen a lot.

FWIW, Google Play Music appears to have both versions.
Last edited by Marcus B on July 13th, 2020, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkeyclaw liked this
Marcus B wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:37 am Interesting. It appears the version on the compilation RUN DMC "High Profile: The Original Rhymes" is this version. On Spotify, it plays this version even if you are playing the GB2 soundtrack.

At first I thought it might've been some weird rights issue but the music is still present in other sections ("we ain't 'fraid of no ghost"), so I think it's just alternate mix either done on purpose or mistake on the Run DMC compilation. Things like this happen a lot.

FWIW, Google Play Music appears to have both versions.
It's so weird because not long ago, they had the proper version available under the same track. I know because the original version that I favorited now plays this version of the song.

Prior to all this, for the longest time, the GB2 soundtrack had everyone on the original CD minus the run DMC theme. I think this was because none of Run DMC's library was available on Spotify. That has obviously changed since then.

Either way, I really don't like this mix of the song. I prefer the original.
I just got the RUN DMC 12" single, and this version is the dub version. The 6:00 single version is basically the same, too. Not a fan, personally.

If you're interested, the single version of Doug E. Fresh's Spirit sounds nothing like the soundtrack album version as well.

I have a German 7" single of Run DMC's theme on the way, so i'll be interested in seeing what version is on there.
robbritton, Austin liked this
sirphobos wrote: July 14th, 2020, 4:37 pm I just got the RUN DMC 12" single, and this version is the dub version. The 6:00 single version is basically the same, too. Not a fan, personally.

If you're interested, the single version of Doug E. Fresh's Spirit sounds nothing like the soundtrack album version as well.

I have a German 7" single of Run DMC's theme on the way, so i'll be interested in seeing what version is on there.
I love having alternate tracks available. Just wish they would put the original back up there too. I wonder if they would even give a crap if I tried to contact them.
Spotify has been doing this thing lately where they match songs from compilations to songs on the original artists' albums. You'll sometimes see this if you watch Spotify and the album artwork will change to the Artists version. Sounds like they have the wrong version mapped. I know On Our Own does this and switches to Bobby Brown's Greatest Hits IIRC.
deadderek liked this
I recently listened to the RUN DMC Theme for Ghostbusters 2 on Spotify and noticed that the song sounded very off. I then went to youtube to listen to the proper version and realized that the hook w/ the original ghostbusters theme that plays over most of the track has been completely removed. The song sounds completely different without it and you can hear some of the other backtracks that were normally obscured by the GB theme. Has anyone else noticed this?
randykshlerin wrote: January 29th, 2021, 11:25 pm I recently listened to the RUN DMC Theme for Ghostbusters 2 on Spotify and noticed that the song sounded very off. I then went to youtube to listen to the proper version and realized that the hook w/ the original ghostbusters theme that plays over most of the track has been completely removed. The song sounds completely different without it and you can hear some of the other backtracks that were normally obscured by the GB theme. Has anyone else noticed this?
I've merged your post with the older topic on the subject. Hopefully this provides an idea for what happened to the song, even if it doesn't provide the specific reason.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]