Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Jeez,

Long time since I've been around here, certainly for posting, but still read the boards and made a few orders a couple of years ago for replacements pack parts. Can't believe it is 11 years since I built that thing!

Anyway, with the release of Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 I thought I would take a tour around the city of New York to see if the locations are replicated as real life counterparts in the game. The game uses imagery from Google Maps to recreate landscapes around the world.

So in an ICON A5 (stunning small plane) I flew from LaGuardia Airport in queens over Manhatten to the following locations:

Hook and Ladder 8 (firehouse)
55 Central Park West (Shandor Building)
Tavern on the Green
Columbus Circle
New York Public Library

Although, low resolution generated 3d buildings, the results were amazingly good. One of the locations amazingly so! So if you are interested in taking a look then feel free to pop over to the video at:

For anyone intersted in specs and stuff my PC is as follows:

CF791 3440 x 1440 monitor (hence the widescreen aspect ratio)
Intel 10850K
NVIDIA 1080ti (soon to be upgraded to 3080)
32mb DDR 4 2400 RAM
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD

I was playing Flight Sim on Ultra settings at 3440 x 1440. Not sure of the frame rate but it was smooth so it was easily over 30 fps.

Any other questions feel free to get in touch and take care! :cool:
Last edited by Kingpin on September 6th, 2020, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
below_radar_00 liked this
The odd thing is that your video makes NYC feel larger than my physical memories of it. Even when I was on approach to Laguardia, it felt like I was looking down on a miniature city, spotting things like the Museum at Battery Park which I'd been studying on Google Earth in prep for the trip.

Even my hosts, who'd been living in Brooklyn for eight months, said they'd experienced a similar feeling, that New York City was both bigger and simultaneously smaller than they'd expected.

Alex
XBONED liked this
Alex Newborn wrote: September 7th, 2020, 8:50 am The odd thing is that your video makes NYC feel larger than my physical memories of it. Even when I was on approach to Laguardia, it felt like I was looking down on a miniature city, spotting things like the Museum at Battery Park which I'd been studying on Google Earth in prep for the trip.

Even my hosts, who'd been living in Brooklyn for eight months, said they'd experienced a similar feeling, that New York City was both bigger and simultaneously smaller than they'd expected.

Alex
It is strange. I had a similar thing when I was finding 55 Central Park. It was further down than I expected but the street was a lot longer than I remember!

As the game topography is taken from Google maps it is to scale but there is definitely a warped perception in my memory of the actual scale of it! What I did realise is how much of a walk I did from Battery Park to the hotel at Central Park!
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?