Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Miranda
Recently, I had bought the new Hasbro wand because I thought it would simple to take apart and use its shell. Turns out they made it difficult to do that. From my own experience, and awareness, all toys use some type of screw so this replica shouldn't be that different. What Hasbro did, is that they sealed (what I'm assuming is where the screws are) with these round plastic covers and have been giving me issues popping them off.
So, I'm reaching to anyone who might have some insight on how to get these out? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
By ccv66
I believe they're just drilling the plastic covering to reveal to screw and then just unscrewing them like normal. Check out some tear down video's and GB fans Facebook page has a picture of upgrades and what screws covers need to be drilled. I'm definitely considering swapping over to a '84 wand, just wish there was an viable way to o get the pack lights to interact with the wand. Jumping the wand speaker to a pack speaker doesn't look too bad though
By Jdizzle66
ccv66 wrote: September 29th, 2020, 2:36 pm just wish there was an viable way to o get the pack lights to interact with the wand. Jumping the wand speaker to a pack speaker doesn't look too bad though
I have been trying to figure out the same. I found a board in one of the forums here that syncs the audio out of the matty wand to the GBfans proton pack light kits, but they dont seem to be fore sale anymore. Not sure if that would even work with the Spengler wand.
By ccv66
The Matty wand was made with an aux port and out put signal, so if mattel decided to make a pack down the road it work with the wands. unfortunately the Matty board wouldn't work with the spengler wand
By Jdizzle66
ccv66 wrote: September 30th, 2020, 9:09 am The Matty wand was made with an aux port and out put signal, so if mattel decided to make a pack down the road it work with the wands. unfortunately the Matty board wouldn't work with the spengler wand
Thats a bummer. Would have been a quick and easy mod.
There's a video floating around about how to do a quick and easy aux port mod to the Spengler Wand. It's something I plan to do when I replace my current wand with the Spengler want :D (it's been YEARS since I built it and it's gotten to the point where I just can't repair it)
Miranda liked this
By ccv66
Haven't seen video, but it's just positive & negative wires , wouldn't be to hard to hook up to an amp. Not the end of the world if the pack lights don't speed up and vent with the wand. Would be nice to be able to switch the pack to each of the video game light colors like the wand
Here is the full tutorial for modding the Spengler wand with an external speaker.
Its the same method as the Youtube video but goes into the "how to" part.

https://www.instructables.com/Installin ... r-Plasma-/

I'll be doing this for my new pack very soon once all of the parts I ordered arrive.
zeta otaku, Miranda liked this
I was emailing Spongeface last night and mentioned the Aux mod for the Spengler wand and asked if it would work with his Matty adaptor board. He said it would not, but hes is breaking down the Spengler wand to see if there is a way to interface with the lights somehow.
Miranda, gamera1968 liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]