Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
when Peck gets covered in marshmallow, he maniacally laughs and yells something, I've always assumed he yelled "YOU WERE RIGHT!" Up to the GBs.
Hairy Biker wrote: October 13th, 2020, 2:15 am I always thought he yelled "God I hate you Venkman!" Or alike. I always heard Venkman at the end.
I hear "Venkman!" in there too. I always interpreted the rest as "I'm gonna get you, Venkman!" but the "I hate you" works too.
Nuclearjungle wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:55 pm How about the fact that Peck was standing right next to the Ecto when the marshmallow landed. How did it all get cleaned up before the end credits?
mrmichaelt wrote: October 13th, 2020, 5:27 am I figured some fire fighters hosed Ecto down or one of the devices on the roof rack allows Ecto's exterior to repel ectoplasmic residue.
That's a good 'in universe' rationale.

The real-world cause for the continuity error, which I plan to mention in a future video for my YouTube channel, is that the marshmallow dump we see in the movie wasn't shot in New York City.

It was shot later in Los Angeles on the replica facade of 55 Central Park West.

It's long been known that the shot of Venkman asking the cop what happened ("Some moron brought a cougar to a party and it went berserk") was not part of the location shooting in New York. They ran out of time so they shot it on the backlot recreation which had been built for the sinkhole effect.

Hence why it's a different-looking doorman for that shot than the one seen in the NYC footage ("A bear in his apartment!"), as it was cheaper to hire a ringer than to fly the NY actor out to LA.

I always thought something felt off about the footage of Peck getting his 'just desserts', but it wasn't until I was studying some photos of the LA facade, just how much of it was built, etc. that I noticed a couple of small telltales that indicate that shot was done on the backlot instead of during location shooting in New York.

And since the NY stuff was shot first, there was no way to predict the exact pattern of splatter that would need to be on the Ecto. In fact, they might not have known for sure that they would have Ecto so close to Peck when it happened.

Alex
mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote: September 30th, 2020, 8:03 am I always heard it as indecipherable angry screaming after he'd been hit by the gunge.
Yep. My take on it was always "Aye ka tie, socka tie socka tie!", which I think we've all said in anger at some point.
mrmichaelt liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]