Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By monkeyclaw
I was pumped to hear about the GB2 score release announced for 2021, but I've yet to hear any updates on it. Does anyone have an idea on an official release date?
Last edited by Kingpin on February 14th, 2021, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Edited title to remove all-caps
The best I can tell you is that the announcement appeared to have been removed from Randy Edelman's site, so maybe it's delayed or not happening now. There's been no official word on any progress or not otherwise, though.
By Kingpin
monkeyclaw wrote: February 14th, 2021, 5:44 pm This is BAD NEWS! I wanted GOOD NEWS!
While it's possible Edelman may have jumped the gun in announcing it before he fully had permission to, we may have to consider the possibility that, as Rob noted, the project may have been shelved.

On a separate note: if possible, please don't type forum titles in all-caps, as this is the forum equivalent of shouting.
robbritton liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 14th, 2021, 6:59 pm
monkeyclaw wrote: February 14th, 2021, 5:44 pm This is BAD NEWS! I wanted GOOD NEWS!
While it's possible Edelman may have jumped the gun in announcing it before he fully had permission to, we may have to consider the possibility that, as Rob noted, the project may have been shelved.

On a separate note: if possible, please don't type forum titles in all-caps, as this is the forum equivalent of shouting.
I am yelling. That's the point. I'M SCREAMING TO THE HEAVENS!
robbritton liked this
Those links no longer contain anything about the score. What did they say? Also it may be delayed as it could have been planned to come out with an Afterlife score and album. With the film pushed back and likely to happen again IMO the GB2 score may not come out for a while but I know there is interest there.
RealGhostbusterJay wrote:Those links no longer contain anything about the score. What did they say?
It said, "At long last, Sony Masterworks will be releasing the much requested orchestral score of Randy Edelman’s for “Ghostbusters 2.” The composer will be directly involved in the package."
For now I just listen to this compilation over and over again.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZLT ... ozQ2mng_NR
By Kingpin
deadderek wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 10:57 am For now I just listen to this compilation over and over again.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZLT ... ozQ2mng_NR
I'll probably end up buying it when/if it does get released, as there's some good tracks.

But listening to it isolated from the rest of the film... Just highlights more how it's a rather bland effort by Ghostbusters standards and even by Randy Edelman's standards. It just feels tonally wrong for Ghostbusters.
deadderek liked this
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]