Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By pizzarat
I’m in a movie score group on Facebook, and the admin, who lives in Denmark, said that he saw some info about the upcoming Edelman GBII score release on a German retailer website.

The info: Like the original movie’s score, it appears that Sony Classical will be doing the first release, in July, with a vinyl release. I’m assuming a CD/digital option will also be available.
By Kingpin
That's promising, the first really official word on it since the probably-not-cleared-with-Sony post Edelman had made. Here's hoping the info's good, as I know a lot of folks were keen on owning the score.
pizzarat, deadderek liked this
By pizzarat
Kingpin wrote: March 28th, 2021, 12:42 pm That's promising, the first really official word on it since the probably-not-cleared-with-Sony post Edelman had made. Here's hoping the info's good, as I know a lot of folks were keen on owning the score.
I'll ask him for the link so I can post it.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
By mrmichaelt
Nice! Thanks, pizzarat.

June 11th? Hmm, I'm not all familiar with scores coming out on a Friday. Is that the case? I would have guessed June 15 or June 16, the latter tying into the theatrical release.
pizzarat liked this
By Kingpin
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Ectojeff88 wrote: April 6th, 2021, 3:17 pm Interesting the tracks are spread over 2 discs!
The Amazon.ca listing appears to dispute this: Link.
mrmichaelt liked this
By Kingpin
I wouldn't be surprised if they've rescheduled things... I bet the listings on Amazon jumped the gun and like the shoes, they'll be re-revealed at a later date.
By Ectojeff88
I was actually looking forward to this announcement most of all on Ghostbusters Day.
All this uncertainty and waiting for nearly everything including Ghostbusters updates is really starting to get to me.
By Ectojeff88
It’s so wild to see how the pandemic has continued to work its way into so many interwoven industries and products. I never would have guessed manufacturing a CD or record would have been slowed down like this.
By d_osborn
This doesn't shock me. Record pressing facilities were already booked up solid even before the pandemic due to the vinyl resurgence.

I've been looking for the GB2 OST on vinyl in the wild for years. It's one I refuse to buy online. It cracks me up that I might actually have the Edelman score BEFORE the OST vinyl.
robbritton liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
A little disappointed to hear that the Ghostbusters II score is delayed, but not a big surprise given how thing are at the moment. Still, I am glad that after all this time, the score is finally coming out.
By robbritton
d_osborn wrote: June 11th, 2021, 9:30 am This doesn't shock me. Record pressing facilities were already booked up solid even before the pandemic due to the vinyl resurgence.

I've been looking for the GB2 OST on vinyl in the wild for years. It's one I refuse to buy online. It cracks me up that I might actually have the Edelman score BEFORE the OST vinyl.
Same! Every record box in every second hand store in every city I visit! Never a single sign...
By mrmichaelt
Hmm, maybe Amazon U.S. is in the process of adding it and isn't done yet. Since right now it's just the mp3 of the score, but if you click on CD or Vinyl, you get switched over to the Soundtrack.
By groovygoth666
Yeah that must be it, done a quick search and the Canadian and French have the vinyl but currently unavailable, Japan has MP3 and vinyl up for pre-order and Germany has the CD and vinyl up as well.
By pizzarat
Indeed awesome news today. I ended up buying the Mondo release of the first score, but it appears Sony did a phenomenal job with the artwork and splatter pattern.
By Kingpin
Cheers for the updates, good to know there's a new release they're shooting for. :)

As for the re-recordings, do we know if Edelman actually had much of an orchestra back in the day? I kinda get the feeling (perhaps from some of his later work in the 1990s, such as The Mask) that most of it's electric rather than traditional, like Elmer's was.
By Ectojeff88
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Amazon US links are live!!!
CD
Ghostbusters II (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098V3N7FV/re ... JYRRGMV040

VINYL
Ghostbusters II (Original Soundtrack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z2THNGG/re ... 009XWQREGH

Pre-ordered CD AND Vinyl because I need both, obviously!
Such a relief after so long. The weight of anticipation anxiety has lifted off my shoulders… Slightly…
Now just a few weeks until arrival!
pizzarat, robbritton liked this
By robbritton
Kingpin wrote: July 9th, 2021, 11:27 am Cheers for the updates, good to know there's a new release they're shooting for. :)

As for the re-recordings, do we know if Edelman actually had much of an orchestra back in the day? I kinda get the feeling (perhaps from some of his later work in the 1990s, such as The Mask) that most of it's electric rather than traditional, like Elmer's was.
With my musicians hat on, there's definitely a mix of real orchestra and electronics throughout the GB2 score, but I can't speak to what size orchestra he'd have used. Although the synthesisers are the most prominent instrument on the lion's share of the soundtrack, they're often sitting on a bed of real strings.
By RichardLess
5 bucks to the first person who can point out the re recorded songs.

I think Venkman 6 avenue stroll is one(weird that this was chopped up and used in a completely different scene), and I have a theory on the two others. Anyone wanna take a guess?

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]