Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Hook & Ladder are on instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/officialghostbustershq/

One post was 10 photos from behind the scenes during filming one day of Ghostbusters II.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQw3BINM9vP/

So it sounds like they filmed both the deleted old sign crashing down/new sign up/Peter walks into Firehouse/edited down to man wiping down new sign and the Louis chasing after Ecto-1a telling them cash, certified check, money order in the montage in 1 day.
I’ve been waiting to see these images for years! They have some great shots, my fav being ECTO 1 inside, looking out. You can see the door rigging, false walls, etc.

The commercial stinger was shot that day, along with Venkman scoping out the new sign. I’m not 100% that the “old sign crashing down” was filmed. The Louis/Janine scene was part of the later reshoot.

You can totally see Aykroyd still smoking the cigar when the 1A pulls out — “check, cash, or money order.”
mrmichaelt, pizzarat liked this
The GB1 sign featured the logo correctly on both sides but what's with the GB2 sign? It's wrong on both sides. Was this done simply so the mold would be a mirror of itself? They firehouse only seems to have one half in the garage and did I hear right that it was broken years later?
JA Slow wrote: July 14th, 2021, 1:35 pmThey firehouse only seems to have one half in the garage and did I hear right that it was broken years later?
The half of the sign at Hook & Ladder 8 was damaged during one of the times the station had its "Halloween costume" on.

There's also a full double-sided sign in the archives, which sadly is also damaged:

d_osborn wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 10:10 am I’ve been waiting to see these images for years! They have some great shots, my fav being ECTO 1 inside, looking out. You can see the door rigging, false walls, etc.

The commercial stinger was shot that day, along with Venkman scoping out the new sign. I’m not 100% that the “old sign crashing down” was filmed. The Louis/Janine scene was part of the later reshoot.

You can totally see Aykroyd still smoking the cigar when the 1A pulls out — “check, cash, or money order.”
That weathered sign prop has to still exist somewhere, right? It's a shame they went to the trouble of making it and it didn't appear in the final cut.
deadderek liked this
pizzarat wrote: July 16th, 2021, 9:55 pm It's a shame they went to the trouble of making it and it didn't appear in the final cut.
I believe it's the prop from the first movie. I'd assume it's in the archives somewhere, though it's not outside the realm of possibility that the might've tossed it after they broke it as part of the distressing.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: July 17th, 2021, 5:34 am
pizzarat wrote: July 16th, 2021, 9:55 pm It's a shame they went to the trouble of making it and it didn't appear in the final cut.
I believe it's the prop from the first movie. I'd assume it's in the archives somewhere, though it's not outside the realm of possibility that the might've tossed it after they broke it as part of the distressing.
"What a crime....!" This prop mystery ranks up there with the Ecto-1A pieces ironically being saved if they did indeed intentionally damage the original sign.
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]