Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By JA Slow
If GB3 came out in the 90's, it would have been very different. Here are some thoughts:

Dana should become a GB. Her motivation? Get back at the spirit world for screwing with her and her child by taking the fight to them. This is the actress who kicked butt in the Alien franchise. I think we could picture it happening. Also it'd be a great way for the Dana-Peter relationship to flourish in a different way. And I'd want to see her in a regular uniform, not some sexy revealing type.

Following up on that idea would be having Janine help bust a ghost. Perhaps one that gets loose in the firehouse. She's geared up in the cartoons before, let's do it in the movies.

Start the movie with a ghost being busted and with Winston! No more of these "just the original three" scenes.

Explore how the city has changed since GB2. No more disbelief on a big scale; they believe them now. Sure, have some skeptics but the mayor/governor should have an endorsement in them similar to TVG.

Continue using the blue uniforms and slime blowers.

Keep the Ecto-1A design but return the blue lights and regular logo. Maybe call it Ecto-1B too?

Don't make the plot another end of the world scenario. Maybe have them leave NY for the climax. The movie should be a lot of ghostbusting, less Peter by himself scenes, and something new. Don't fall back on Shandor mythology.
By JediJones
Remember Harold Ramis said, "It was going to be Chris Farley, Ben Stiller and Chris Rock." That would've definitely been a great cast. Stiller was even rumored to be joining GB3 in the 2000s. I don't see what young comedians could step into the parts today and be any good. I could have also seen Phil Hartman coming in to do a Walter Peck-like role. Norm MacDonald could've been someone getting terrorized by ghosts who had to call for help. Or he could've been a buster too.
By RichardLess
My ideal ghostbusters 3 actors?
Paul Rudd
Dave Chapelle
Jack Black
David Hyde Pierce(Niles from Frasier) OR Stephen Merchant

The idea I’ve always had is that if it had to be a passing of the torch movie then like the original it should be a going into business movie. The basic premise is that 3 of those guys are old friends who have just had to close a business they co-owned due to the big corporate big box store pricing them out of the market. So they visit a franchise expo where companies like McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, Car Dealerships etc get you to invest in a franchise and open up a new location. All these franchises are waaaay out of our down on their luck guys’ budget. Finally, tucked away in a small pathetic corner is the “Ghostbusters” table. It’s a sad sight. It’s the cheapest franchise option available. They meet the Ghostbusters representative but don’t buy in. It’s not until one of them has a paranormal encounter that they decide “ok screw it”. They buy in but there are stipulations. They have to work out of the old fire house, they have to sign waivers saying GB inc can’t be held responsible for any accidents or cancer or diseases brought about by the equipment. The OGB’s have all become sterile from proton pack usage. It’s basically Ray and an assistant(the David Hyde Pierce/Stephen Merchant) who live in the fire house. Winston is a security guard for a bank, and Peter had just recently ran & lost an election for Mayor. He placed 4th.

So what’s the big bad? Something lovecraftian. I’d love to take some of the premise from the RGB episode “Collect Call of Cthulhu” where we can dig deep into mythology. But Why is New York such an epicentre for paranormal activity?
Basically it’s a curse the Native Americans put on the land after the Europeans came & pushed them out. They sold their land for really cheap and erected an enchanted/cursed stone structure which happens to intersect with ley lines. This opened New York up to a dangerous Native American “spirit” which is actually Cthulhu. He’s gone by many names over the eons. So we get a mix of mythologies, Native American & European which we eventually find out is all taken from the same source. The metaphor being while we have different cultures and differences, humans all come from the same place. Our stories are a shared one.

One of the bust scenes involved our new GB’s facing off against a ghost that has a powerful scream that can blow and rip the clothes right off a person. So the GB’s bust their first ghost almost completely nude. Another has them completely destroying a customers house catching a ghost where just as the GB’s are leaving and give the customers the bill, the entire house collapses with the family witnessing it on the front lawn.

Another is a scene that takes place at a restaurant, maybe during a montage, where at this fancy steak house, this well-to-do patron goes to cut into his ribeye. But it dodges his knife and fork. Suddenly this starts happening all over the restaurant and the pieces of meat leave all the tables & start collecting to reform the cow it was butchered from. So there’s this meat ghost.

Another scene, maybe part of a montage, has a morgue attendant listening to music on headphones when behind him all the doors to the chill box opens and all these dead bodies get up and walk out the door. The morgue attendant is really into the music& is facing us into the camera and does not see any of it. On the way out one of the ghosts sees a hat/coat stand & takes a hanging fedora & puts it on his head. He adjusts it just so & leaves.

There’s also a ghost whose comically burnt to a crisp and he buys a pack of cigarettes @ a bodega and lights up. He exhales and smiles.

I have a lot more but that’s some it.
By JediJones
One of the most memorable RGB episodes to me is the one where they end up in a small town that turns out to be a place where werewolves and vampires are warring with each other. I definitely wanted to see a sequel end up in the kind of small town Afterlife is going to. I also like that early GB2 idea that would've had them going to Scotland. Anything to get out of New York, we've seen enough of that city and its icons. If they were franchising, that's the perfect excuse to get out of the city, because a franchise would naturally be opened up in a different location. I would've liked to have seen them encounter versions of more traditional monsters like werewolves, vampires, mummies, swamp creatures. The Stay Puft was a parody of Kong and Godzilla, so touching on more monsters that could be seen as parodies of monsters we already know the straight versions of would've helped with the comedy. I think the main villain should've been played by someone that has some kind of comedic persona and could ham it up a bit. He could be seen as more human-looking but be able to transform into a monstrous form. I would imagine his plot would be to try and kill off an entire town to create a ghost army for himself, and then use them to move on to the city. He has figured out some way to enslave ghosts, so he needs more to increase his power.

The good thing about casting Farley, Rock and Stiller is that they're not typical leading men. The core 'busters can't really be handsome or charismatic guys that could easily get dates based on their looks and charm. There's something a bit nerdy or off about each of those guys. Paul Rudd doesn't have that quality, so I don't think he'd make a good 'buster.
By RichardLess
JediJones wrote: August 1st, 2021, 8:11 pm One of the most memorable RGB episodes to me is the one where they end up in a small town that turns out to be a place where werewolves and vampires are warring with each other. I definitely wanted to see a sequel end up in the kind of small town Afterlife is going to. I also like that early GB2 idea that would've had them going to Scotland. Anything to get out of New York, we've seen enough of that city and its icons. If they were franchising, that's the perfect excuse to get out of the city, because a franchise would naturally be opened up in a different location. I would've liked to have seen them encounter versions of more traditional monsters like werewolves, vampires, mummies, swamp creatures. The Stay Puft was a parody of Kong and Godzilla, so touching on more monsters that could be seen as parodies of monsters we already know the straight versions of would've helped with the comedy. I think the main villain should've been played by someone that has some kind of comedic persona and could ham it up a bit. He could be seen as more human-looking but be able to transform into a monstrous form. I would imagine his plot would be to try and kill off an entire town to create a ghost army for himself, and then use them to move on to the city. He has figured out some way to enslave ghosts, so he needs more to increase his power.

The good thing about casting Farley, Rock and Stiller is that they're not typical leading men. The core 'busters can't really be handsome or charismatic guys that could easily get dates based on their looks and charm. There's something a bit nerdy or off about each of those guys. Paul Rudd doesn't have that quality, so I don't think he'd make a good 'buster.
Wait. You don’t think Bill Murray has charisma? The man was charisma to spare! Venkman’s charisma is one of his defining character traits. Even Dana tells him “You don’t act like a scientist, you’re more like a game show host”. Also… since when is Ernie Hudson “nerdy or off”? He’s an Everyman, the audience surrogate! He’s also not schlubby. I bet Winston is a ladies man. In fact I guarantee it.

And how does Ben Stiller fit the bill of a “not typical leading man”? Not sure I agree with your assessment of him there. He’s far from the schlubby type you seem to be set on. I do think Stiller would make a great buster tho.

Jason Reitman mentioned the idea that the ghostbusters aren’t your typical good looking leading men in the trailer commentary. And that disappointed me a bit. A) because it probably means Paul Rudd won’t be donning a suit in GBA and b) It’s painting yourself into a corner & goes against an idea I like very much: Anyone can be a Ghostbuster. Male, female, trans, gay, straight. Doesn’t matter. But Paul Rudd has that very Bill Murrayish sly sense of humour. Very dry & witty.

I seem to be one of the few people in the world that isn’t a Chris Farley fan. I don’t think his comedy fits within the Ghostbusters style. Ghostbusters is sly, sardonic & dry. Chris Farley is about as far away from that as you can get.

In the early 2000s I thought Ellen Degeneres might make a good Ghostbuster. When I watched Parks & Rec I could also see Chris Pratt & Amy Pohler as GB’s. Same with Louis CK before his…downfall. Robert Downey Jr also has that great Bill Murray style.

One of the first casts lists I remember hoping for as a kid when I first heard about GB3 in the mid 90s was Jeff Goldblum, David Duchovney, Will Smith & Owen Wilson
By JediJones
From Jason Reitman's Wikipedia:

He was a guest on The Howard Stern Show on April 10, 2008; when he was asked if he would direct Ghostbusters III and cast Howard, he said "Do you know how many times I get asked if I want to do Ghostbusters III? Looking at my career so far, I mean, if you just looked at my two films, I would make the most boring Ghostbusters movie. It would just be people talking about ghosts, there wouldn't be any ghost-busting in it."

So that's one GB3 that might've been. A boring one with no ghostbusting and a lot of talking. Jason seems to be at least giving us a mix of boring talking and ghostbusting in the new one. :vinzclortho:
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]