Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.

UPDATE

Since this story was originally published, the replica of Ecto-1 belonging to Eric Robin which had been reportedly stolen whilst on tour in Italy has been spotted in tweets published by Le Grand Rex cinema in Paris, as part of the events marking the French premier of Ghostbusters: Afterlife taking place this evening.

Further to this, a viral video posted by the Italian rapper Fabio Rovazzi laid claim to the "theft", confirming that the whole story was a publicity stunt.

It's been reported today by Sony Pictures' Italian Instagram that a replica of Ecto-1 that was being used to promote the film in Italy was stolen while it was appearing at the Lucca Comics & Games event in Tuscany.

The replica was bought by French fan Eric Robin, who spent two-and-a-half years working on the initial restoration and conversion, which in itself came about after a ten-year search, where he'd discovered the car had been used as a hearse and shared between three villages in his homeland before it came into his possession. Following a brief period to add rust detailing, the car was then shipped to Italy to take part in the marketing campaign, being one of the few 1959 Cadillac replicas known to be available in Europe.

Due to the theft, Sony has cancelled all future planned appearances of the replica, and urges anyone who spots it to get in touch with a private message or a photograph of any sightings.
picc liked this
... huh.
"NON STIAMO SCHERZANDO. Se Ghostbusters Legacy non ci convincerà al 100% non rivedrete mai più la vostra Ecto 1.
I cult vanno rispettati."

Massimo translates this as "Dear friends of @sonypicturesit, WE ARE NOT JOKING. If Ghostbusters Legacy doesn't convince us 100% you'll never see your Ecto 1 again. Cultures must be respected."

source: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWJJ_KhIvK ... _copy_link
Kingpin wrote: November 11th, 2021, 11:50 am Davide just shared some a photo of an Ecto-1 replica spotted today in Paris (top), here it is with the one that was on tour in Italy (bottom):

This is f****g despicable.
Wow. Can someone who speaks Italian translate the above video?

Say what you want but for a marketing stunt…it worked. They got tons of press. But man. What a douche thing to do. Very odd.
I'd like to thank Davide for getting the ball rolling and helping to unravel this knot. It looks like the tour was either cancelled early so the car could appear at the Paris premier at Le Rex Grand, or that had always been the plan, and only some "ghost" dates had to be "cancelled". The twitter account for the cinema has some clear shots of the car, proving it's the same vehicle: LINK

It's a shame that what should've been a fun event has been tainted a little by playing with people.
Transcribed From Italian Captions:

(let me know if I made any errors!)

Fabio: Okay, cosi. Così siamo in onda. Perfetto.

Signori di Sony Pictures vi informiamo, che da ora la “ECTO-1” l’auto originale di Ghostbusters si trova nelle nostre mani avremmo preferito una strada più semplice. Ma siete stati VOI ad opporre resistenza tutte quelle guardie armate a proteggerla… quel bunker sotterraneo…

Jimmy: Ma quale bunker? L’abbiamo presa dal Lucca Comics

Fabio: Zitto Jimmy!

Jimmy: Jimmy? Ah man dovevamo usare nomi inventati? Fabio devi dircele prima queste cose.

Fabio: Fabio… Diamogli anche il mio codice fiscale mi raccomando/

Third Guy: Il tuo Fabio? Il tuo è P C C F B A.

Fabio: Ma voi state scherzando. Mi state prendendo in giro. È uno scherzo! Sono vittima di uno scherzo va beh ci metto la faccia nine c’è nessun problema.

Chi siamo noi? Siamo i guardiani della cinematografia cult e…

Hector: Suonava meglio quando era una sigla

Man at Keyboard: Ma…a me piaceva di più protettori.

Fabio: A lui? A te cose piaceva? Cioè non ho parole. non so… ma sto cercando di fare up discorso, ci siamo preparati. Posso finire o… tranne tu Hector. Tu sei un grande. Grazie mille per l’officina ci mancherebbe altro. Quand vuoi interrompermi puoi farlo senza nessun problema. Grande persona Hector.

Comunque signori di Sony Pictures. Non stiamo scherzando. Abbiamo la vostra Ecto-1. A prova di questo abbiamo il giornale di oggi.

No, va beh. Volevi mostrarlo sei metri ancore più indietro?

Comunque è iL giornale di oggi. Esiste solo una possibilità per voi di riaverlo convincendoci con il nuovo film Ghostbusters Legacy se quando andremo a vederlo anche solo uno di noi uscirà dalla sala scontento, la Ecto-1 rimarrà con noi per sempre e fidatevi quando vi dico. che non vedo Hector sorridere da cinque anni. Hector sorridi. Non lo fa. Non lo fa. Non è nella sua natura. L’unica cose che posso promettervi e ve lo giuro che nessuno si farà male.

È uno scherzo. una congiura contro di me. è uno scherzo. Comunque.

In questi giorni cercheremo di trattare l’auto al meglio. Ci vediamo al cinema.

Rough Translation to English Using Google:

Fabio: Okay, like this. So we are on the air. Perfect.

Sony Pictures gentlemen, we inform you, that from now on the "ECTO-1" the original Ghostbusters car is in our hands. We would have preferred an easier route. But it was YOU who resisted all those armed guards to protect her... that underground bunker ...

Jimmy: But which bunker? We got it from Lucca Comics.

Fabio: Shut up Jimmy!

Jimmy: Jimmy? Ah man did we have to use made up names? Fabio, you must tell us these things first.

Fabio: Fabio ... let's also give him my tax code

Third Guy: Yours Fabio? Yours is P C C F B A

Fabio: But you are kidding. You are kidding me. It's a joke! I'm the victim of a joke, okay, I'll put my face to it nine there is no problem.

Who we are? We are the guardians of cult cinematography and ...

Hector: It sounded best when it was a theme song

Man at Keyboard: But… I liked pimps more.

Fabio: To him? Did you like things? I mean I have no words. I don't know ... but I'm trying to make up speech, we are prepared. I can finish or... except you Hector. You are great. Thank you very much for the workshop, God forbid. When you want to interrupt me you can do it without any problem. Great person Hector.

Anyway, gentlemen of Sony Pictures. We are not kidding. We have your Ecto-1. As proof of this we have today's newspaper.

No, okay. Did you want to show it six meters further back?

However it is the newspaper of today. There is only one chance for you to get it back by convincing us with the new Ghostbusters Legacy movie if when we go to see it, if even one of us comes out of the room unhappy, the Ecto-1 will stay with us forever. And trust me when I tell you that I haven't seen Hector smile in five years.

Hector smile. He does not do it. He does not do it. It is not in his nature. The only thing I can promise you and I swear to you is that no one will get hurt.

It's a joke. a conspiracy against me. It's a joke. In any case.

In these days we will try to treat the car in the best possible way. See you at the cinema.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]