Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
The rule doesn't apply to the original movies. If someone will reboot the TF franchise then it will be called Someoneformers. Just like The Steve Martin Panther or Teenage Mutant Bay Turtles or The Sony-ing Spider Man. Or Ju-what in the hell are you fuc#ing thinking Hollywood- manji.
Merrimon liked this
Ivo Shandor wrote:
skankerzero wrote:eh, that's a childish name.

It's like saying 'Bayformers'. Just get over it and call it Ghostbusters.
Agreed. "Feigbusters" sounds juvenile. Also, it's stupid.
There is only one Ghostbusters. The original 1984.

There has to be another name for Fiegbusters. If you think it is stupid, then come up with something. It doesn't deserve to be called Ghostbusters.
goldenhawk wrote:There has to be another name for Fiegbusters.
There is, Ghostbusters, or at a pinch, Ghostbusters (2016).

There's been a lot of immaturity of late in relation to the new film, the backlash to the Tufts Medical Centre visit being the worst of that... We really need to reign things in a little, and act a bit more like adults.
Raystantz Italy wrote:The rule doesn't apply to the original movies. If someone will reboot the TF franchise then it will be called Someoneformers. Just like The Steve Martin Panther or Teenage Mutant Bay Turtles or The Sony-ing Spider Man. Or Ju-what in the hell are you fuc#ing thinking Hollywood- manji.
I was playing a board game with friends a few weeks back. A quote from Jumanji popped up and one of our friends, right around our age, asks, "What's Jumanji?"

...There's the front door! You do not get to play any more board games tonight. Especially after she confessed no desire to actually see Star Wars. Gotta do a better job of screening friends. Anywho, I've been invited by her husband to see Fantastic Four. Should be fun!
Raystantz Italy wrote:The rule doesn't apply to the original movies. If someone will reboot the TF franchise then it will be called Someoneformers. Just like The Steve Martin Panther or Teenage Mutant Bay Turtles or The Sony-ing Spider Man. Or Ju-what in the hell are you fuc#ing thinking Hollywood- manji.
yeah, but those names are also all juvenile. They really make the fans come across as 'man babies'.

There are now 2 Ghostbusters whether anyone believes they deserve it or not. Mind you I also believe they should add some kind of subtitle to the name because that just makes things confusing.

(Also, Transformers 2007 wasn't the first Transformer movie (Transformers 1986))
Jangonate wrote:
Ivo Shandor wrote:Is Jumanji getting a reboot???
That's what I hear.
Ugh. That's awful. They will never recapture the magic of the late Robin Williams. Along with Bonnie Hunt and David Allan Grier.
skankerzero wrote:Transformers 2007 wasn't the first Transformer movie (Transformers 1986)
The 1986 one is also much better than any "modern" Transformers movie. By far.
AMC78 liked this
goldenhawk wrote: There is only one Ghostbusters. The original 1984.

There has to be another name for Fiegbusters. If you think it is stupid, then come up with something. It doesn't deserve to be called Ghostbusters.
I want to tell you a story about two guys and a gorilla.
Ron Daniels wrote:

I forgot about those guys. The Filmation cartoon. Didn't they also has a live action movie of sorts? That would predate the 1984 movie.
Ron Daniels wrote:

Ugh. Filmation's Ghostbusters.
I enjoyed Dan Aykroyd's cameo in Pixels. It was cool that his character actually gives the exposition on how the video game contest was going to be sent out to space. He delivered it in classic Dan Aykroyd fashion. I can only hope that his cameo in Ghostbusters is half as good. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote:I enjoyed Dan Aykroyd's cameo in Pixels. It was cool that his character actually gives the exposition on how the video game contest was going to be sent out to space. He delivered it in classic Dan Aykroyd fashion. I can only hope that his cameo in Ghostbusters is half as good. :):):)
I didn't like his cameo in Casper though. Or Murray's in Zombieland.
skankerzero wrote:out of curiosity, what was your issue with his cameo in Zombieland?
Just that he refused steadfastly to even consider GB3, yet he appeared in Zombieland in costume, acting out scenes from GB.

Maybe I was imagining things because of my bitterness toward him for stonewalling GB3, but it seemed to me he might have done that cameo just to annoy Ghostbusters fans clamoring for him to do a third movie.
Ivo Shandor wrote:
skankerzero wrote:out of curiosity, what was your issue with his cameo in Zombieland?
Just that he refused steadfastly to even consider GB3, yet he appeared in Zombieland in costume, acting out scenes from GB.

Maybe I was imagining things because of my bitterness toward him for stonewalling GB3, but it seemed to me he might have done that cameo just to annoy Ghostbusters fans clamoring for him to do a third movie.

You know, I don't even know what to say here. It's Bill "Effin'" Murray. I find it incredibly ironic that the only place on earth I can find people bad mouthing Bill Murray is here at THE Ghostbustes fan site.

Ivo, I think you may be reading too much into things. What I got out of Zombieland was that the writers loved both Bill Murray and Ghostbusters. They were able to get him to do a cameo. So, as fans, they wrote the ultimate fan scene and he had fun with the role they wrote for him.

I have always had the impression that he (Bill) loved the first film. I can also understand how the second film soured him to the franchise, the movie lacked in areas. I agreed with him about not wanting a GB3 to be made unless they had something special. Look at the slew recent remakes and reboots (Indiana Jones, Robocop, Fant 4 Stic, TMNT, A-Team, Bewitched, etc.) that were made 'just because' and tell me it's helped any of those franchises ring in a new era of greatness.
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote: You know, I don't even know what to say here. It's Bill "Effin'" Murray. I find it incredibly ironic that the only place on earth I can find people bad mouthing Bill Murray is here at THE Ghostbustes fan site.

Ivo, I think you may be reading too much into things. What I got out of Zombieland was that the writers loved both Bill Murray and Ghostbusters. They were able to get him to do a cameo. So, as fans, they wrote the ultimate fan scene and he had fun with the role they wrote for him.

I have always had the impression that he (Bill) loved the first film. I can also understand how the second film soured him to the franchise, the movie lacked in areas. I agreed with him about not wanting a GB3 to be made unless they had something special. Look at the slew recent remakes and reboots (Indiana Jones, Robocop, Fant 4 Stic, TMNT, A-Team, Bewitched, etc.) that were made 'just because' and tell me it's helped any of those franchises ring in a new era of greatness.
I disagree. He soured on GB2 before it was ever made. He only did it because Aykroyd kept lobbying him to do it. He's Bill "I don't do sequels" Murray. The man who singlehandedly kept GB3 from being made for almost 2 decades. This whole reboot/re-imagining/Feig thing is due to Murray killing any chance of a GB3 in continuity because he didn't want it made. That's been common knowledge for a long time.

You know, sometimes younger GB fans have this inflated opinion of Bill Murray. Not saying you are one of those, but you might be.

It's us older GB fans who remember Bill Murray was the second choice to play Peter Venkman, not the first. It could even be argued he was a downgrade from the original choice, John Belushi.

Look, I love GB, I love Peter Venkman, and Bill Murray brought him to life. But I don't idolize Bill Murray. In fact, he at this point has a history of being an enemy of the Ghostbusters franchise and the Ghostbusters universe. No in-costume cameo can change that. Sorry if it sounds harsh but some fans (myself included) bear a bit of a grudge. Aykroyd and Ramis could have made several more Ghostbusters movies if it weren't for Bill Murray. Who knows where the franchise could have gone?
Born in northern New Brunswick in the spring of 1973. I remember life before Ghostbusters. I loved Bill Murray's movies before there was a Ghostbusters. And I still do. I especially love him in the first Ghostbusters. I understand you're disappointed they didn't make a movie you would have liked, but man that's a lot of venom. Just because you wanted a movie does not mean you were owed one.

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]