Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
How would you have made a Ghostbusters reboot...or sequel? If you were in the director's chair and had total authority to do whatever you want, how would you have done things differently?

- I would've made the tone of the movie a bit darker and used humor as comedic relief. Ghostbusters has always been as much about horror as it is comedy.

- Definitely NOT use an inordinate amount of CGI. I would have used as much practical effects as possible, like the original.

- I would like to see a sort of museum featuring busted ghosts in transparent enclosures which the public can attend and observe.

- I may have touched on the issue of "Spirit's Rights" and how ethical it is to bust them.

- I definitely would've shown what the containment unit looks like on the inside, as more of a portal to the spirit realm rather than a ghostly penitentiary.

- Kept the original cast as supporting characters or mentors.

- Had a team of both men and women and made it at least 5 members, possibly 6, one of whom is Kylie Griffin.

- Mostly kept the same uniforms and equipment from the first two, but added a few updates like the video game did. I don't even really see a need to change the Ecto-1 to a more modern vehicle. It's charming the way it is.

- Delved a bit more into the investigative side of the business. I love the mythical lore of Ghostbusters and figuring out the backstory of the villains.

- Considering they are parapsychologists, I would've made this movie more of a psychological/supernatural thriller than a standard comedy. Humor shouldn't be the main focus. It takes away from the suspense and comes across as trying too hard to get a cheap laugh.
I think there are many, many ideas that have been floated here that would have made the new movie a success. I would have rathered a passing of the torch film as opposed to a full reboot. Maybe Egon has left his portion of the business assets to his niece, and she comes forward to claim it? Venkman hands the keys over (after scamming her out of 50k or whatever to buy him out) only to find the packs are in sad shape, the ecto 1 is broken down, etc.

One idea that appeared in a sequel script was of Venkman being a ghost, and I think BM could have done a lot with that - maybe he's in denial or just refuses to cross over, or Egon developed some sort of gadget to keep Peter semi-present.

I think they should have absolutely filmed in NY, with 80s vintage cameras and equipment. I would have current artists create 80s style songs for the soundtrack, and the tone needs to be the dry, oddball humor of the original film .
Last edited by montclaire on June 24th, 2016, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like this Spectral Observatory/Museum idea. I'd make it one of the focal points of the story. As part of their agreement with the city of New York, the Ghostbusters are required to provide a certain number of spectres for display purposes in this facility, in order to maintain their license and stay in business. This project is spearheaded by a corrupt politician. Much the same way that animal right's activists protest zoos, the Spectral Observatory (and the Ghostbusters by default) have become villainized in the eyes of humanitarians, though the GB's themselves don't necessarily support the incarceration of human spirits.

The security of the facility is compromised by either human or spiritual means and the ghosts are released into the city. At the culmination of the story, the moral dilemma is resolved when the Ghostbusters capture and release the spirits into their own plane of existence via the "containment unit" rather than being detained in the observatory; however, demonic entities which are pure evil and have no human origin are maintained in a separate holding facility in this realm.
Last edited by Egon's Pompadour on June 24th, 2016, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I really liked that "Ghostbusters Inc." idea from that script that floated around claiming it was the real deal. The script needed some major changes, but I like how there are franchises all over because of the growing ghost problem. The original cast as supporting characters while introducing new faces, and A MIXED GENDER TEAM, NO GENDER/RACE WILL BE TREATED UNFAIRLY.
montclaire wrote:I think there are many, many ideas that have been floated here that would have made the new movie a success. I would have rathered a passing of the torch film as opposed to a full reboot. Maybe Egon has left his portion of the business assets to his niece, and she comes forward to claim it? Venkman hands the keys over (after scamming her out of 50k or whatever to buy him out) only to find the packs are in sad shape, the ecto 1 is broken down, etc.

One idea that appeared in a sequel script was of Venkman being a ghost, and I think BM could have done a lot with that - maybe he's in denial or just refuses to cross over, or Egon developed some sort of gadget to keep Peter semi-present.
Interesting thoughts.

I actually wouldn't mind if the character of Egon passed away (in the movies, not other forms of media) and the Ghostbusters are forced to deal with his departure and the nature of their business, as far as the ethical side of Ghostbusting. I definitely wouldn't want to see his spirit busted though, just his passing addressed in the context of the story. Or perhaps his spirit communicates to them in some capacity (through a gadget he designed before he died) which allows him to give them useful information from the other side.
Last edited by Egon's Pompadour on June 24th, 2016, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBallz wrote:I really liked that "Ghostbusters Inc." idea from that script that floated around claiming it was the real deal. The script needed some major changes, but I like how there are franchises all over because of the growing ghost problem. The original cast as supporting characters while introducing new faces, and A MIXED GENDER TEAM, NO GENDER/RACE WILL BE TREATED UNFAIRLY.
I never read the script, but it's definitely an interesting concept, rather than repeating the same formula of 4 team members saving the world/New York from a big monster.
montclaire wrote:Does anyone remember the RGB episode where they are in an old mansion, and the bigger the hole they create trying to clear the place, the bigger the ghost that comes out?
Not me. It's been a while since I've watched the whole series.
SpaceBallz wrote:Speaking of RGB, I would love to see Samhain be the main baddie for Halloween themed movie.
I'd like to see him in an animated or CG movie. Don't know if they could pull that off in live-action.
Oh yeah there are A million wonderful ideas being presented here. A lot of great minds on these boards. I had a few ideas knocking around my head for a while. This is the most recent one I felt could probably work. I would love to see a passing of the torch story, of course. I would concentrate on a mixed crop of Ghostbusters men and woman 4 at the least 6 at most. Most of the focus would be getting to know this crop that way Bill Murray wouldn't feel the pressure of carrying another Ghostbusters film.

I would love to see the Ghostbusters thriving with many franchises open around the world. They have even figured out a way to open hair line fractures in space and time to send Ghosts back to the other side rather than containing them. The Ghostbusters are such a normal thing that there is now a museum dedicated to them with the original uniforms and equipment on display. Now something happens that is so big that it puts many of the franchises including the New York Central HQ out of commission, save for a few cadets that have not yet gone through basic Ghostbusters training. This brings Ray and Winston out of retirement to train these cadets in a crash course to save the world. Again we concentrate on the new cadets through most of the movie eventually figuring out what the big bad is and then formulating a plan to stop it. I would also love to see Ray and Winston suit up one last time to aid the cadets. Peter too of course if you can get Bill Murray to suit up for at least twenty minutes of screen time. ;).

That is a footnote version of what I would like to have seen. I know it is a bit uninspired and hallow and filled with a million tropes that we have seen in many franchises that have passed the torch before, but I think something like that would be a lot of fun. :):):)
Egon's Pompadour liked this
There's been alot of people defending the new movie, which is good, but I have yet to hear " they just nailed the cast, got it perfect!"a bunch of things could have been different. I think a female cast that appeals to women and men equally would have been better. I would have prefered a dry morbid humor vs the slapstick that it appears to be. I liked the extreme gb premise that one of the origanl ghostbusters is a professor passing the tourch to a mixed cast of grad students. I wish we could have gotten a cg movie while all the cast was still alive.
I personally wouldn't have done a movie. I think there's a ton of backlash anytime you mess with a classic. Just ask george Lucas. Im sure he still gets hate mail today about jar jar binx. A Netflix series , remake retro 80s Supernatural Style with proton packs featuring ghost from RGB
pferreira1983 wrote:I probably wouldn't have made a reboot. I would have made a sequel before Ramis died and used that film to reboot the series by introducing a new team with Oscar as one of the new Ghostbusters.
This would have been the best idea. I like the inclusion of Kylie a lot like the comics did. I'd have Venkman retired to Bermuda or somewhere with Dana,having sold his interest in the company.
Ray would be the CEO in more of a figurehead way since I'd still see him elbows deep in R&D and investigations.
Janine would be actually handling the business end as Ray's "assistant"CEO. I don't see Ray being behind an office desk longer than 5 minutes.
Winston would be in charge of training and personnel. I see him like Sgt. Apone in Aliens.
I wouldn't have Egon dead. That puts a damper on things right off the bat.
Harold may be gone but Egon is a legend and legends don't die so easily. My explanation for his absence would be that Egon was recruited to be lead scientist at Area 51 and due to government security Egon wouldn't have much outside contact.
Plus I could see Egon totally engrossed with getting his hands on actual highly advanced "found" tech that he would forget there was an outside world. Maybe have Ray mention to a new recruit that they hardly ever hear from Egon except for emails out of the blue describing new theories on reality,space/time.other dimensions ect.
Egon would also probably apply the advanced alien tech to Ghostbusting and send ideas and schematic concepts for upgrades and new equipment.
I like the other ideas mentioned like having this more horror based with some comedy to ease tensions.
The Ghost Zoo concept is great! Maybe even a sort of "petting zoo" for the brave with the more harmless(more or less)entities in a special containment room.
I would throw some of these reality show ghost hunters and the hill billy "monster and squatch" hunters in that get in over their heads and needing rescue.
Samhaim would be good to include along with horror meme things like Slenderman,The Rake,ect.
The movie would still need a major entity to battle. Maybe that could explain the new entities like Slenderman as it weakens the barrier between realms allowing new things in.
pferreira1983 liked this
Raystantz Italy wrote:The funny thing is that even the feig script can be turned into a sequel.
pferreira1983 wrote:I probably wouldn't have made a reboot. I would have made a sequel before Ramis died and used that film to reboot the series by introducing a new team with Oscar as one of the new Ghostbusters.
Yeah, I clarified that in the first post - a reboot OR a sequel, but I agree - my own ideas described a sequel, not a reboot.
ccv66 wrote: I wish we could have gotten a cg movie while all the cast was still alive.
That's what I was hoping for instead of a live-action film. Even a traditional animated film could have a lot of potential if it was directed more at an adult audience.
MOSUGOJI wrote:
The Ghost Zoo concept is great! Maybe even a sort of "petting zoo" for the brave with the more harmless(more or less)entities in a special containment room...

The movie would still need a major entity to battle. Maybe that could explain the new entities like Slenderman as it weakens the barrier between realms allowing new things in.
The paranormal museum/zoo/observatory could be set up with enclosures that replicate the environment the entity haunted. For example, Eleanor Twitty's exhibit would look like a library and there would be an audio or written description of what her life was like prior to her death, along with the events that led up to it. I imagine there would be a separate maximum security wing of the facility dedicated specifically to demonic entities.

Scientists all across the world would flock to New York City to study and observe these spectres in a controlled environment. The security breach which leads to the spirits escaping their holding cells may be the result of spirit's rights activists who are appalled that the ghosts are being held against their will as a sort of spectacle for the living. But, yeah, the story would still involve a major villain which may or may not be related to the ghosts escaping this facility.
Last edited by Egon's Pompadour on June 26th, 2016, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MOSUGOJI liked this
The ghost rights activist could be messing around with a containment/observation cell with a non human entity that casts illusions to attract prey. In this case maybe a crying little girl saying she wants to be with mommy and daddy in heaven but the mean Ghostbusters hurt her and caged her up. So the idiot finds a way to deactivate the containment field and the little girl suddenly morphs into a huge Wendigo type beast. Laughing as it bites the activists head off then runs amok. The Ghostbusters could discover the barrier between our realm and others has been badly compromised after Gozer's visit and it weakens more every time something else tries to breach it into this realm. And signs point to something really,really horrible and powerful has discovered the weak spot and is furiously hammering at it.
Egon's daughter and Oscar end up in the same Physics University both for different reasons (their history).

After particle experiments get weird with physical constants starting to fluctuate (physical constants are supposed to be constant across the universe), they go through her deceased fathers (Egon's) old belongings.

They find a note with an address and the name Ray Stantz on it.

They go on an adventure to find this crazy old man.

Weird serendipitous things happen while trying to find him.

They run into Winston who lives in a run down ghetto and is known as this fearless old man. Not just really brave, but literally fearless. Its the source of humor in the movie.

You get to see what became of the old Ghostbusters.

Then they face off against the source of the problems together and at the end they have to call on Venkman for the final help.

The old GB's end up coming together one final time before symbolically passing the baton to the new generation
I'd have made it a Neflix TV series (along the lines of Marvel's Netflix shows). The concept would be that after the events of GB2, Ghostbusters has become a fully funded NY City department (like the NYFD). It'd be a little like a CSI type show, only with comedy and a lot more surreal. Ray Stantz would be the chief, Winston Zeddemore the second-in-command and the first season would focus on a new bunch of recruits just starting. Amongst the new recruits, two best friends, Oscar Barret and Harold "Harry" Tully, the son of Louis and Janine.
I've been thinking on this a lot lately!

BUT you know, I do like Erin Gilbert, Abby Yates, Jillian Holtzmann, Patty Tollins, & the whole premise of Rowan! I've had a plot rolling around in my head for awhile, so here goes ...

Rowan was a 1920s/1930s mafia gangster in New York City, who also delved into the occult & ghost worlds, and wanted to connect with ghost spirits. Rowan is arrested and subsequently executed, but not before he says that he shall return one day in the future and terrorize New York from the spirit world.

We go to 2014, where we see the funeral of Egon Spengler and in attendance is Venkman, Stantz, Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Louis Tully, Walter Peck, Dana Barrett, Dana's son Oscar Wallance, & Egon's niece Jillian Holtzmann.

Jillian Holtzmann is Egon Spengler's niece.

After the funeral, Ray, Peter, & Winston tell Jillian that they have something to show her that Egon had left for her. In essence, Egon had given the Ghostbusters headquarters firehouse to Jillian in his will. The original three would give Jillian a brief tower of the firehouse and they'd end up cranking up the old Ecto-1, which Egon had renamed back to from the Ecto-2. We'd get a cool scene of the original theme song playing as the siren blares and the original three attempt to drive the Ecto out of the firehouse into the street, only for it break down and start pouring out smoke from the hood.

Jillian says she would turn the firehouse into a paranormal investigative center, & Ray says that Egon would be proud of her.

Two years later ...

We're introduced to Erin Gilbert & Abby Yates, Gilbert attempting to get tenant at Columbia University, but her chances of that are ruined when Yates publishes a book that she & Gilbert had written years ago. Gilbert & Yates reunite when someone comes to Gilbert asking her for help on a paranormal issue at a local mansion.

Yates tells Gilbert that she knows someone that can aide them in their first paranormal investigation, Holtzmann. Yates, Gilbert, & Holtzmann goes to this mansion, where they see the ghost from the trailer, that ends up puking green slime onto Gilbert, with Yates filming the entire thing.

After the incident, Gilbert who had been a skeptic, admits on camera that ghosts are real while yelling hysterically. The video makes it back to her boss at Columbia University, which coupled with the fact that she basically co-authored a paranormal book with Yates, has no choice but to Gilbert go.

After this, Gilbert, Yates, & Holtzmannn decide to start taking calls about paranormal sightings in the city, and they eventually start calling themselves the Ghostbusters, and the Mayor's spokeswoman says that the woman aren't to be taken seriously, & even local news station ask whether the Ghostbusters should be taken seriously or not.

We then are introduced to Patty Tollins, a Metro worker in the NYC subway system. We see her at her ticket booth, doing her job, & smiling at people passing by. After this however, Tollins goes to investigate a strange noise coming from the subway tunnel and as she is walking down the line she shines her flashlight onto a faint blue haze, which turns out to be a group of ghosts, some that look like they are dressed in 1920s clothing.

After her sighting, Patty decides to go to to the Ghostbusters, who had set up temporary shop above a Chinese restaurant while the firehouse is renovated for them. Patty tells the three girls that she knows New York, that they need her because she knows all of the city's history & the nooks & crannies that they wouldn't be able to find otherwise.

After they hire Patty onto the team, she creates the team's suits, as well as gets a Cadillac hearse that would become the team's vehicle of transportation.

We are later introduced to Kevin, who comes to be the Ghostbusters' receptionist, and Gilbert who has a huge crush on Kevin, instantly hires him, though he is an idiot.

To make a long story short, all of the sudden paranormal activity in New York is caused by Rowan, who has kidnapped & acquired enough spirits in the spirit realm to become a very powerful being. Rowan's next step is to reenter the physical world again, almost as if he's coming back to life.

Rowan however is strong enough to enter the physical world as a ghost, there in lies where he is able to possess Kevin and use him as his vehicle to start his evil plan, which is to inundate Earth with ghosts & spirits in order for him to come back to life and wreak havoc on New York & even the world.

We later learn that one of the spirits Rowan had managed to capture was the spirit of Egon Spengler, who was about to crossover to the afterlife, when Rowan nabbed his spirit and absorbed him, basically holding him hostage.

Rowan continually taunts Holtzmann with this, revealing to her that he is holding her uncle hostage from crossing over into peace, & even uses it against Holtzman, in order for her to help him with research about leaving the spirit realm essentially and return to a physical form.

Holtzmann's reluctant research & Rowan's growing power leads him to have the ability to take the form of anything and therefore he exits Kevin & asks the Ghostbusters what form would they like him to take, and Patty remembers seeing a Ghostbusters logo in the subway and that it ultimately what Rowan turns into, in the climax of the film.

Before the huge climax, the team feels defeated, they feel as if they can't conquer Rowan and his gang of evil spirits by themselves, which leads them to reach out to Venkman, in attempt to get the original Ghostbusters to help them in their big battle. Venkman initially denies and says that Ray & Winston wouldn't be interested either, as they are getting up in age. Venkman gives the girls an encouraging speech and tells that they have the capability to conquer the threat themselves.

Back to the climax of the film ... As our four Ghostbusters gear up to battle Rowan in his final form as the logo, Venkman, Stantz, & Zeddemore appear willing to help. Venkman says that after things started to get really bad they couldn't just sit back & let NYC go down to an old dead mobster.

The battle ensues, & at the end, as Holtzmann, Yates, Gilbert, Tollins, Venkman, Stantz, & Zeddemore are crossing the streams and zapping Rowan, spirits are seen leaving Rowan's body signifying that they are free to cross over now into peace. We then hear the voice of Egon (voiced by the voice actor that voiced Egon in the Real Ghostbusters) urging Holtzmann on to defeat Rowan so that he may live eternity in peace.

In the end, Egon's words of encouragement help both Ghostbuster teams defeat Rowan into a mess of white goo (sound familiar?).

In a post credits scene, we see Dana & her son Oscar standing over a storage shed full of Ghostbuster memorabilia, with Dana asking Oscar if he's sure he wants to do this, & Oscar says he's sure of it ...

Sequel? Well, I'd like to see Kevin & Oscar form their own Ghostbusters team, but that's another idea for another time!

This only a rough version of what I had in my head!
HauntedWallflower liked this
MOSUGOJI wrote:
This would have been the best idea. I like the inclusion of Kylie a lot like the comics did. I'd have Venkman retired to Bermuda or somewhere with Dana,having sold his interest in the company.
Ray would be the CEO in more of a figurehead way since I'd still see him elbows deep in R&D and investigations.
Janine would be actually handling the business end as Ray's "assistant"CEO. I don't see Ray being behind an office desk longer than 5 minutes.
Winston would be in charge of training and personnel. I see him like Sgt. Apone in Aliens.
I wouldn't have Egon dead. That puts a damper on things right off the bat.
Harold may be gone but Egon is a legend and legends don't die so easily. My explanation for his absence would be that Egon was recruited to be lead scientist at Area 51 and due to government security Egon wouldn't have much outside contact.
Plus I could see Egon totally engrossed with getting his hands on actual highly advanced "found" tech that he would forget there was an outside world. Maybe have Ray mention to a new recruit that they hardly ever hear from Egon except for emails out of the blue describing new theories on reality,space/time.other dimensions ect.
Egon would also probably apply the advanced alien tech to Ghostbusting and send ideas and schematic concepts for upgrades and new equipment.
I like the other ideas mentioned like having this more horror based with some comedy to ease tensions.
The Ghost Zoo concept is great! Maybe even a sort of "petting zoo" for the brave with the more harmless(more or less)entities in a special containment room.
I would throw some of these reality show ghost hunters and the hill billy "monster and squatch" hunters in that get in over their heads and needing rescue.
Samhaim would be good to include along with horror meme things like Slenderman,The Rake,ect.
Great ideas! :)
@ Zach Blanton
Great write up, but with a small error! Egon can't give away the firehouse, because it's Ray's! He took the mortgage on his parents house to buy it!
Other than that, I will be very disappointed if the real movie doesn't introduce the characters like that!
I've never liked reboots so I was thinking if you had a real GB 3 how would you make it. I came up with an idea but it's a little more dramatic. What are some of your ideas?

I would base GB3 off of the Real Ghostbusters episode Egons Ghost. Egon is a huge part of the Ghostbusters and I couldn't imagine a movie without him. Instead of showing him I'd want to talk about him a lot. I think that's the only way you could pay someone tribute without. I don't think I'd like to see a cgi Harold Ramis. I'd write a fan fiction someday if I could (even though I don't read fan fictions).

I'd open in 1990 when Pete, Winston, and Ray are returning to the firehouse after an end of the world type of battle. Usual stuff. They're all arguing because while trying to stop an ultra powerful demigod Egon was erased from existence. Something happened that both Peter and Ray could blame each other for while also secretly blaming themselves for. This causes a rift in the Ghostbusters and Peter drops out. He then goes home to Dana and Oscar. He does some small jobs and gets into odds and ends. I don't know, but he's depressed. Peter and Ray stop speaking. Winston keeps in contactwith both of them. Both Ray and Winston stay on as Ghostbusters. Ray and Winston get along great and work on projects together. I always imagine the two of them gel well from the car scene in the first movie and the birthday scene in the second. Janine stays at the firehouse and Louis is like half a Ghosbuster. He thinks he's part of the gang, but the others don't take him seriously.

Every Year for 15- 20 years a portal opens in our world and ghosts start to appear. They Are very predictable and Ray is trying to figure out what's causing them. Eventually they stop, but Ray is hung up on solving their mystery. Also Ray doesn't believe that Egon was killed in battle. He believes he's been sent to another dimension.

Winston has become a scientist as well and becomes involved in studying literature of paranormal events. He likes it so much that he decides to become a teacher at a local university. Here he can make some extra money because while Ghostbusting is steady, it's not really paying the bills to well. This is how they could introduce some new Ghostbusters like the extreme ghostbusters. At this point In time When Winstons a teacher we'd be in the 2010s. Personally since Kylie's been in so many things I'd want her to be in there as a new recruit. I'd also make one of the students Oscar. Peter would be sort of dismissive of Oscar going to these classes, but Oscar knows his step dad Peter really needs to get back together with Ray and Winston. They are like Uncles to Oscar. Oscar's also there to learn about the paranormal since he experienced them as a baby. In the movie Dana would mostly be trying to get Peter to get back on track. She knows he blames himself the most for Egons dissaperance and he needs to forgive himself and follow his true passion of busting ghosts, making money, and being a semi celebrity. She'd some spend time talking with Ray, Winston, and Peter hoping to mend their friendship.

Ray figures out that the portal only opens up every couple of years when some cosmic alignment takes place. By sitting in on some of Winstons classes he's able to come up with a theory about what really happened to Egon thanks to Kylie. They are able to put two and two together and realize the portal leads to the dimension where Egon was sent. Ray excited and relieved that he can go save his friend finally goes to Peter and explains all the theories. Peter feeling optimistic agrees with the plan. They begin working with the new Ghostbusters to build a machine that will open a portal on the day of the cosmic anniversary. Peter, Ray, Winston, Kylie, Oscar, and a couple others succeed and enter the portal into some sort of spirit realm.

Inside they find clues left by Egon and search for him while fighting ghosts. Since they are in a new dimension their there packs wouldn't work the right way so they'd have to figure out a way to keep moving. Eventually they come across a small village of human like people. The people there know who they are and bring them to the Egons home. They tell them When Egon came to their dimension he brought tools and the know how to protect them from the evil spirits that inhabit the realm. They go inside and find Egons wife and daughter. Egon had passed away some time ago, but he left Ray and Peter notebooks filled with messages. In it he reveals that while in this spirit realm he had found these people and helped them. With their help he was able to build a machine that would open a door back into our world, but for some reason he could never get himself to physically be able to cross back. so every time those portals opened it was him trying to get back. He also says that he was able to watch them on earth and that he knew they were searching for him. He knew they'd come, eventually, but he was getting sicker and knew he might not live long enough for them to arrive. Either the portals stopped because he died or because he gave up and decided to be content with his wife and daughter. He writes that Peter and Ray shouldn't blame themselves for his dissaperance. That his misfortune was a freak accident. No one could have known the risk involved at the time. Finally he tells them how he was happy to be their friend and that the friendship of the four Ghostbusters kept him going for all of these years. Peter and Ray make up their differences and everyone goes back to Earth. Winston is now the head of the New York Ghostbusters while Ray and Peter set up new Ghostbusters franchises around the globe.

I don't know I just kind of wrote it as it came to me. I didn't really have any plan with Janine or Louis. There's no real major Villian which is unusual for a ghostbusters movie and I don't know how you'd work in humor, but what would you guys want to see?
The Idea I had was to add as little as possible to what we know of GB2016 and keep Paul's vision of them not being handed equipment/business and still have it in the same universe.

- Movie starts in 1984, possibly a recreation of the Ecto-1 driving away from Dana's apartment with the crowd giving chase. as the crowd disperses we see a young Abby and Erin.

-The movie unfolds very similar to what we have heard so far, but what happened becomes a background mystery. What we know is ghostbusters no longer exist in NYC. what we learn though bits and pieces:

-sometime in the mid 1990's Egon and Ray developed some kind of tech to "seal" NYC from the paranormal. It worked but Egon was sucked into the spirit dimension and stuck there. With the lack of the paranormal the GB's shutdown.
-Ray has become a hermit locked inside the firehouse which is falling apart trying to find a way to bring Egon back.
-Winston is "running" GBI from there new headquarters in LA.
-Peter is Mayor of NY.
-the general public in NY think the GB's were a publicity stunt and w/o out the paranormal they have returned to mostly non-believers.

-the girls create there business as the Ghost Smashers build there own equipment since Rowan has brought the ghosts back to NYC.

- before the final battle they finally meet Ray who approves of what they are doing and the Equipment Jillian has created and gives them GB logo patches.

-End credits scene: Ray comunicates with the ghost of Egon voiced by Maurice LaMarche.
Ralf Castleknifer liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]