Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
Ivo Shandor wrote:I'm not a huge Beatles fan, I only have 3 Beatles songs on my 2500+ song playlist.

#3 - With a Little Help from my Friends.
#2 - Twist and Shout.

and, my favorite Beatles song...

#1 - Penny Lane.
I've noticed that before actually, Penny Lane is often a song that "not huge Beatles fans" seem to particularly enjoy.
By timeware
Raystantz Italy wrote:I think its time for Alphagaia to jump in and remember you that this is not a Beatles topic.
I will add one thing. Yoko was the best thing to happen to the Beatles!
By Sav C
Dig this, it turns out that I missed the album Revolver, due to it's odd release (it's US equivalent Tomorrow Never Knows had 750,000 copies recalled.) That means I am entirely unfamiliar with 10 of the 14 tracks. It feels great, actually, like getting a brand new Beatles album!

On a side note, I feel I've developed a minor addiction to this site, which I want to nip at the bud. Therefore I am taking a week off. See ya next Monday!
JurorNo.2 liked this
By timeware
I'm the last one to talk about veering off topics. I think the last couple of pages discussing the Beatles should be moved to a general discussion topic?
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Sav C wrote:Dig this, it turns out that I missed the album Revolver, due to it's odd release (it's US equivalent Tomorrow Never Knows had 750,000 copies recalled.) That means I am entirely unfamiliar with 10 of the 14 tracks. It feels great, actually, like getting a brand new Beatles album!

On a side note, I feel I've developed a minor addiction to this site, which I want to nip at the bud. Therefore I am taking a week off. See ya next Monday!
A good thought, lol. Have a good week and enjoy Revolver! My personal favorite from that album is "And Your Bird Can Sing."
Sav C liked this
By AppleIsleBuster
I'd freakin' LOVE a sequel.

However I'm not terribly sure regarding not great box office, but at the same time that's not the only revenue stream. Definitely needs a smaller budget.

I'd hazard a guess Feig would probably produce.

Leslie Jones probably wouldn't return, giving the horror she's gone through on this.

As long as McKinnon comes back, that's all I want. And more Slimer.

Definitely need another dude in the mix though, and make Kevin a full on Ghostbuster like Janine became in the cartoon. No idea who it could be though. In a perfect world they'd end up with six ghostbusters, with Kevin also being receptionist. But who knows what the future holds?
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
I'd love a sequel...to the original two. I'm not for the whole set Ghostbusters in a different state. They should keep it in New York (and actually film it in New York!) but have the original team train some new recruits. That's the way to go.
deadderek liked this
By JurorNo.2
If the original team is there, maybe I have no interest in seeing new recruits.
Sav C liked this
By lozbloke
Agreed the marketing of Ghostbusters was terrible, particularly the trailers which cut gags in half to the point that they made no sense. that said, most Paul Feig trailers are poor (Spy, Bridesmaids etc) and dont reflect the final movie - even the director himself admits that.

From what I gather, most of the monumental additional (beyond production) budget, went on buying out the rights from Reitman, Murray, Aykroyd and the Ramis estate, and setting up the Ghost Corps production company to oversee the future of Ghostbusters....which is likely to be a one off "investment" figure that wont be needed for future films - aka Sony see a loss to begin with, with a recoup of the initial loss over a period of time through future projects.

Much like Star Trek (whose Beyond film is likely to be even costlier than GB), there is also a huge merchandise legacy with Ghostbusters, which has also picked up off the back of the new movie.

In short, I wouldnt see Ghostbusters as dead in the water just yet.
By Alphagaia
lozbloke wrote:From what I gather, most of the monumental additional (beyond production) budget, went on buying out the rights from Reitman, Murray, Aykroyd and the Ramis estate, and setting up the Ghost Corps production company to oversee the future of Ghostbusters....which is likely to be a one off "investment" figure that wont be needed for future films - aka Sony see a loss to begin with, with a recoup of the initial loss over a period of time through future projects.
Interesting, I had not thought of that!
While it agree that it sounds likely and logical, and I called GB:ATC is an investment as well, which pays out in more fans and merch, do you have any link to back up to this claim?
By lozbloke
Alphagaia wrote:
lozbloke wrote:From what I gather, most of the monumental additional (beyond production) budget, went on buying out the rights from Reitman, Murray, Aykroyd and the Ramis estate, and setting up the Ghost Corps production company to oversee the future of Ghostbusters....which is likely to be a one off "investment" figure that wont be needed for future films - aka Sony see a loss to begin with, with a recoup of the initial loss over a period of time through future projects.
While it agree that it sounds likely and logical, and I called GB:ATC is an investment as well, which pays out in more fans and merch, do you have any link to back up to this claim?

Ill try and find it. It was an interview with Reitman whereby he is explaining how they moved forward from the rights being tied up and slowing the movement of the franchise - he says something along the lines of all of them agreeing to Sony buying the rights and the figure made them comfortable for the rest of their lives, the children's lives and their grandchildren's lives. Apparently Murray was very quick to respond to this deal, against other attempts to contact him re Ghostbusters.
By lozbloke
Alphagaia wrote:

Found it! Here we go:

"Prior to this movie getting green-lit, I made a deal on our behalf in which the creators would be enriched for the rest of our lives, and for the rest of our children's lives, and transferred the rights to Columbia. Danny and I set up a company called Ghost Corps, whose idea was not only to make this film, the Paul Feig movie, but to use the Ghostbusters ideas and expand it and find out what else it could do to help Columbia and Sony in the future."

Full article / interview with Reitman is here: http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/ivan-rei ... ay-qa.html
Sav C liked this
By Commander_Jim
I very much doubt that that would have been included as part of the production budget, that kind of thing is usually not. I mean, its not like Disney reported that The Force Awakens had a 4 billion dollar budget because thats how much the rights cost them. Also we know that the budget was finalized long after the deal was made when Rothman took over the studio.
By lozbloke
Commander_Jim wrote:I very much doubt that that would have been included as part of the production budget, that kind of thing is usually not. I mean, its not like Disney reported that The Force Awakens had a 4 billion dollar budget because thats how much the rights cost them. Also we know that the budget was finalized long after the deal was made when Rothman took over the studio.
Agreed, but I wasnt incorporating it into the production budget, but the larger sum above that :-)
By pferreira1983
lozbloke wrote:
In short, I wouldnt see Ghostbusters as dead in the water just yet.
Definitely. I think your right. It was an investment which they hope pays off. I think they'll keep doing something with the franchise like how Nickelodeon handled the Turtles franchise. So far it seems to be handled in a similar fashion for better or worse.
lozbloke liked this
By Sav C
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Sav C wrote:Dig this, it turns out that I missed the album Revolver, due to it's odd release (it's US equivalent Tomorrow Never Knows had 750,000 copies recalled.) That means I am entirely unfamiliar with 10 of the 14 tracks. It feels great, actually, like getting a brand new Beatles album!

A good thought, lol. Have a good week and enjoy Revolver! My personal favorite from that album is "And Your Bird Can Sing."
Thanks, I hope your week went well. It's a great album, and several of the songs I recognized once I heard the melodies. For No One was my favorite, I've known the Rickie Lee Jones cover version for years.

Good grief! Did I incorrectly use it's instead of its not once but twice in a single sentence?
JurorNo.2 liked this
By philmorgan81
Okay guys I scrolled through as many of the old topics that I could and this was the closest one that fit what I wanted to comment on. Sorry I just didn't want to start a new topic. ;). It may not involve a sequel, but it does involve another Film in the franchise. :)

So I may be getting excited over nothing, but have any of you guys noticed that if you look on Ivan Reitman's IMDB page and look at the producer credits. The Ghostbusters animated movie has the status of Filming. Normally when I see these the status usually says announced, pre production or in development, but since it says filming, that to me shows that Ghost Corps is difinately moving forward. I know that Ivan said that they were moving forward, but I heard them say the same thing about Ghostbusters 3 For years and we saw how that turned out. GB 3 got scrapped before it could get to that stage. :):):)

Here's a link to his page. :):):)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0718645/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This to me is pretty exciting. More comics an Animated film being worked on. It also says that Ecto Force is in the announced phase. That means that the movie is farther along than the cartoon. Man so much Ghostbusters to look forward to. I can't wait for the GB community to get bombarded with so much awesome. :):):)
Sav C liked this
By Lee FW
Don't want to poo poo it as I would like nothing more than for an animated movie to definitely be happening right now but often that status has no bearing on the actual stage the project is in. I've had films I've finished months ago to still be labelled as in pre-production, projects I haven't even started on to be listed as filming and then films be listed as completed and still not see the light of day for two years!
I'll be cautiously optimistic though as I have a lot of faith this one will happen and for the most part have enjoyed Sonys animation output (Emoji movie can go to hell though!)
philmorgan81, Sav C, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote:IMDb has been so wrong in the past that I wouldn't take it as gospel, instead I think we should wait for something official from Ivan, Sony or Ghost Corps.
Ah, I figured as much. :). That's why I stated I was probably getting excited over nothing. :):):)
Lee FW wrote:Don't want to poo poo it as I would like nothing more than for an animated movie to definitely be happening right now but often that status has no bearing on the actual stage the project is in. I've had films I've finished months ago to still be labelled as in pre-production, projects I haven't even started on to be listed as filming and then films be listed as completed and still not see the light of day for two years!
I'll be cautiously optimistic though as I have a lot of faith this one will happen and for the most part have enjoyed Sonys animation output (Emoji movie can go to hell though!)
Oh no your not poo pooing anything. I have never followed the production of any film as closely as Ghostbusters 3, or for that matter anything Ghostbusters related. So in my experience of what I have seen on IMDB when a film has reached The filming stage I have always seen it come to light. Of course as I type this I am remembering the fan film of GB SLC chronicles and Ghostbusters Generation both of which have never been completed. ;). I figured there would be some in the GB community that would know better. Now so do I. ;). I figured IMDB is the same as Wikipedia. Anybody can type anything and pretend it's fact. Thanks for the responses guys. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on July 15th, 2017, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, Lee FW liked this
By deadderek
I have EXTREME doubts we'll be seeing a Reboot sequel anytime soon.

Yes money isn't the only factor that determines if one gets made, the reception was extremely lukewarm from the general movie going public.

Also as Kingpin said IMDB isn't to be trusted. I can't even begin to remember how many times "Ghostbusters 3" was listed on there. Just...no.

I'd be down for a Reboot sequel done in animated form though. :)
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Even that Russo Brothers Ghostbusters got listed on there, and it was never officially announced, and certainly wasn't made, ha ha. By the way, the IMDb forums have been archived on http://www.moviechat.org, if anyone ever wanted to review them.

Speaking of forum and message boards and whatnot, it's a bit weird to think that they are more social than sites like Facebook which are labeled as social media. I like how conducive to conversation sites like this one are. With Facebook it's a little annoying how it's not easy to have a conversation unless you message someone, and even then it can be awkward if the only reason you are writing is because you want to talk. Comments are OK, but it's still no place to really talk. That's one reason I really like this forum.
deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Sav C wrote:Even that Russo Brothers Ghostbusters got listed on there, and it was never officially announced, and certainly wasn't made, ha ha. By the way, the IMDb forums have been archived on http://www.moviechat.org, if anyone ever wanted to review them.

Speaking of forum and message boards and whatnot, it's a bit weird to think that they are more social than sites like Facebook which are labeled as social media. I like how conducive to conversation sites like this one are. With Facebook it's a little annoying how it's not easy to have a conversation unless you message someone, and even then it can be awkward if the only reason you are writing is because you want to talk. Comments are OK, but it's still no place to really talk. That's one reason I really like this forum.

LOL!! Oh yeah I know the Russo film was listed. Same thing with Ghostbusters 3. I was just saying that most of the films that I had followed once they reached the Filming status to Post Production have come to light. I have just been lucky. I know IMDB isn't gospel, but I had never followed a film that reached the filming stage and then got scrapped. I do know that kind of thing does happen though. Hollywood is a tricky business. It has probably happened to hundreds of productions, but the 3 that immediately come to my mind are Superman Reborn, Justice League Mortal and Mallrats 2. I believe those films were well into production before they were scrapped. It is a miracle any movies get made. :):):)
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
philmorgan81 wrote: So I may be getting excited over nothing, but have any of you guys noticed that if you look on Ivan Reitman's IMDB page and look at the producer credits. The Ghostbusters animated movie has the status of Filming.
Apologies I'm late on responding but I just thought I'd put my two pennies in and say IMDB once listed a new season of Power Rangers as having some of the cast of Star Trek: Voyager. Take what is announced on IMDB with a pinch of salt until it has been confirmed filming has commenced. :)
Sav C wrote:Comments are OK, but it's still no place to really talk. That's one reason I really like this forum.
Yeah I've for better or worse been spending a lot of my unemployed time on message boards rather than Facebook. It's made me more confident in expressing my views whereas in real life I always get talked over or ignored. Some people love what I have to say, some don't. I do get into my fair share of arguments with people who feel they know better or can't handle a different opinion. Case in point I like to post on Trekcore but I recently got ganged up on by three other users because I said I thought the new Star Trek Discovery was full of bad decisions. These three are regular members who have got to the point where only their opinions are the correct ones. They wanted to drink that Kool-Aid rather than express my doubts so it became a three way argument with me defending myself. In the end because they've picked on me enough for my differing views of Discovery the mods have warned they'll ban us even though they were picking on me or should that be as they like to say 'educating' me.

I've been called every name under the sun, sometimes something new but I find I have as much right to comment as anyone else and it's their choice to be vocal as well. A lot of users not mentioning any names feel that as righteous as they are they're allowed to make assumptions of people. This is what happens when you begin to become arrogant so then I get people assume random stuff like Donald Trump is my president or that I'm right wing. It's really sad. The plus side of all of this is I feel better than those people. Everyone is allowed an opinion except when you can offer reasons why. In all I find it interesting how people react on message boards and I learn a lot.
By philmorgan81
Well maybe we will know more about the status of the GB projects after the panal at the SDCC. Ghost Corps. Probably doesn't have as big a news to share as the excitement that was shown at D 23 yesterday, but maybe this month still holds some surprises. :):):)
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
@pferriea1983 Personally I've found that being receptive to everyone's opinion online really goes a long way. I'm glad it's helped with your confidence; I find I have more confidence online than when talking face to face, depending on the topic and who I'm speaking to. I've also found forums to almost be therapeutic, in that it's nice to get things out. A few months ago I stated that I believe love to be the most important thing (which was weird the way I posted it, I know), and while I do believe that, I posted it on here I think because I've been bottling up feeling of love for someone I don't feel comfortable telling. So it's nice to get things out.

Another thing that I don't like about Facebook are the reactions. The love and sad reactions are about as shallow as you get, and the anger reaction is mean.

Best of luck to you in the job search! :)

@philmorgan81 I really hope that some news comes out at SDCC, be sure to let me know! :)
By Sav C
Sorry please delete this post.
Last edited by Sav C on November 3rd, 2017, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By pferreira1983
Sav C wrote:@pferriea1983 Personally I've found that being receptive to everyone's opinion online really goes a long way. I'm glad it's helped with your confidence; I find I have more confidence online than when talking face to face, depending on the topic and who I'm speaking to. I've also found forums to almost be therapeutic, in that it's nice to get things out.
It's ironic when someone questions something weird or suspicious immediately they get criticised. I don't mind annoying people here if it brings some sanity to the forum. For those who wish to take in what I have to say I'm happy with that as well.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]