Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Alphagaia
HunterCC wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:The problem is not the complaint, the problem is just repeating the same complaint.
OK, how many times is permissible? And does this apply to every opinion of the movie? Or just the ones you disagree with?
It's never an exact science, but when any (repetitive) opinion goes into troll territory. Which happens when a mod decides it has reached that point (after hearing complaints about it).
By HunterCC
Alphagaia wrote:
HunterCC wrote:
OK, how many times is permissible? And does this apply to every opinion of the movie? Or just the ones you disagree with?
It's never an exact science, but when any (repetitive) opinion goes into troll territory. Which happens when a mod decides it has reached that point (after hearing complaints about it).
If you really feel that way, then let the mod(s) handle that, and let's just talk about the movie and issues surrounding it. And not try to attack/discredit other posters by trying to label them "troll" and "unnecessary" if they disagree with you. Fight over the message not the messenger.

We can disagree over GB16 while still seeing ourselves as fellow GB fans that liked the other movies and series to varying degree, right?
By JurorNo.2
We can disagree over GB16 while still seeing ourselves as fellow GB fans
We are not the ones you need to explain that to, thanks. Alpha wasn't attacking anyone, he was defending me against a user who ONLY ever posts here to wind people up. Just because he happens to agree with you about a movie (that you haven't even seen) doesn't mean he's worth defending.

Signing off again. Discussing movies shouldn't be this miserable.
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on October 30th, 2016, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By HunterCC
JurorNo.2 wrote:...Alpha wasn't attacking anyone.
So... when alpha said "troll"in this thread, he was never referring to anyone? LOL. So..... no problem here with people criticizing GB16 then right?

Hey, Juror, alpha, we are going about this wrong. Instead of hating on each other..........
scythemantis wrote:Why are the originals treated like untouchable gold to an almost religious extreme? They aren't that great.
LET'S HATE ON THIS GUY INSTEAD!!!!!

(You're cool, scyhtemantis. I'm just trying to joke about turning on each other. Even if we don't like GB16, or think the originals aren't perfect, we are GB fans here.)
By JurorNo.2
There are users here who have no intention of ever making nice. When one of us reacts to them, we shouldn't be the ones blamed for the problem.

And NO ONE EVER said criticism wasn't allowed. Saying "ease up on the constant negativity" isn't censorship. There is such a thing as balance in life.

Ah, Internet drama...
LET'S HATE ON THIS GUY INSTEAD!!!!!
Yes, yes, that was cute. :mrgreen:
Kingpin liked this
By HunterCC
Kingpin wrote:
Sav C wrote:Phantom Menace was the only prequel I liked, probably on par with Force Awakens for me.
Jar Jar Binks, midichlorians and "I'm gonna be the first to see them all!" :)
And like people are talking about in another thread, when it's been so long since the originals came out, a reboot or sequel can really benefit from that in goodwill and excitement, even if the new isn't as good, like SW:TPM is thought of not as good as the original trilogy.
By JurorNo.2
Peter33vr wrote:Here in Italy the movie was bad marketed and bad dubbed as hell.
Italian movies have a long history with bad dubbing. ;)

(I'm Italian American, btw, so no offense intended, hehe.)
By Alphagaia
HunterCC wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:
If you really feel that way, then let the mod(s) handle that, and let's just talk about the movie and issues surrounding it. And not try to attack/discredit other posters by trying to label them "troll" and "unnecessary" if they disagree with you. Fight over the message not the messenger.

We can disagree over GB16 while still seeing ourselves as fellow GB fans that liked the other movies and series to varying degree, right?
I really feel that way. Which is why I also stated posters are allowed to complain about it.
Look, we are never going to see eye to eye on this movie and that's perfectly OK.
What we just don't need is anyone trying to troll others or repeat the same thing over and over again. My statement about trolls is derived from the history of this Forum, where the trolls/misogyny came from dislikers. Some boosted they even even targeted little kids or freely admit to piracy just to stick it to us. That does not mean every disliker here right now is a troll or just repeating the same argument, but it might help you understand why we are getting a bit fed up with them constantly raining on the parade.

Again, critism is always welcome, just try and keep it constructive.
By MagicPrime
Sav C wrote:
savintheday wrote:I'm of the opinion that there didn't need to be a Ghostbusters III (or in hindsight a Ghostbusters II)
It was imperative that Ghostbusters II be made :D
MagicPrime wrote:
Hey Magic, just curious, remember when you said that we could no longer have any rational discussions together? I'm just wondering were you being serious, or were you joking?
Kingpin wrote:It's been 110 days since the movie came out, and even less since it left cinemas. How are some of you not burned out/thoroughly fed up with arguing about it/taking pot shots at each other?
I just want to talk about the movie itself, how it was made, etc. etc. At this point I have no interest in arguing about the controversy it caused, it's boring to be honest.

Phantom Menace was the only prequel I liked, probably on par with Force Awakens for me.
We most certainly can have rational conversations. I would have to look it up, but I was more than likely being hyperbolic. I am also able to keep conversations self-contained. So our differing opinions on GB2016 would only come up when its about GB2016. If you wanted to talk about StarWars, RGB, Video Games, the Harry Dresden Novels, Comic Books, or pretty much anything at all I would hold no grudged or animosity or anything the like. That goes for anyone and everyone.

I would be surprised if the Ghostbusters franchise was the only common interest I shared with anyone else on this forum.
Sav C liked this
By HunterCC
Alphagaia wrote:
HunterCC wrote:

I really feel that way. Which is why I also stated posters are allowed to complain about it.
Look, we are never going to see eye to eye on this movie and that's perfectly OK.
What we just don't need is anyone trying to troll others or repeat the same thing over and over again. My statement about trolls is derived from the history of this Forum, where the trolls/misogyny came from dislikers. Some boosted they even even targeted little kids or freely admit to piracy just to stick it to us. That does not mean every disliker here right now is a troll or just repeating the same argument, but it might help you understand why we are getting a bit fed up with them constantly raining on the parade.

Again, critism is always welcome, just try and keep it constructive.
And yet you complain everytime. Disagreement is not trolling. And critics aren't required to convince people what the fix is, when said people aren't listening anyways. You cant even understand that a 73% critic rating and 55% audience is a big gap.

I guess the ignore button is good for situations like this. If I don't respond to you anymore, it's to avoid more derails on your part, like this. Bye.
By JurorNo.2
HunterCC wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:The ignore button can only do so much, heh.
is there more to it than just using the foe button?
I'm just saying in terms of practicality it works best when both parties agree to it.
By HunterCC
JurorNo.2 wrote:
HunterCC wrote:is there more to it than just using the foe button?
I'm just saying in terms of practicality it works best when both parties agree to it.
Well, I'm going to try, if there is more toxicity on that front, it definitely won't come from me.
By JurorNo.2
HunterCC wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Well, I'm going to try, if there is more toxicity on that front, it definitely won't come from me.
Cool. Nor from me. :)
By Sav C
MagicPrime wrote:
Sav C wrote: It was imperative that Ghostbusters II be made :D

Hey Magic, just curious, remember when you said that we could no longer have any rational discussions together? I'm just wondering were you being serious, or were you joking?

I just want to talk about the movie itself, how it was made, etc. etc. At this point I have no interest in arguing about the controversy it caused, it's boring to be honest.

Phantom Menace was the only prequel I liked, probably on par with Force Awakens for me.
We most certainly can have rational conversations. I would have to look it up, but I was more than likely being hyperbolic. I am also able to keep conversations self-contained. So our differing opinions on GB2016 would only come up when its about GB2016. If you wanted to talk about StarWars, RGB, Video Games, the Harry Dresden Novels, Comic Books, or pretty much anything at all I would hold no grudged or animosity or anything the like. That goes for anyone and everyone.

I would be surprised if the Ghostbusters franchise was the only common interest I shared with anyone else on this forum.
I'm glad to hear. :) If I recall correctly it was Star Wars that we were talking about, ESB to be specific. Happy Halloween!
By deadderek
scythemantis wrote:I'm gonna be honest, GB fandom is the whiniest and most needlessly critical fandom I've ever witnessed
Holy hells bells, if you think Ghostbusters fans are the worst...if you truly think that...you obviously don't go to other fan forums that often if ever.
By SpaceBallz
LOL...the reasoning that when fans don't like the idea of their favorite franchise being rebooted/remade without the original characters with a sub-par-financial-failure-subjective-comedy as an end result, that they're automatically "whiney" and "man-babies" is ludicrous.
By Kingpin
HunterCC wrote:The movie flopped. That can be said here without being accused of "reveling" about it, right?
It was pretty blatant that he was boastfully revelling in the fact the film has underperformed, as have others.
HunterCC wrote:OK, how many times is permissible?
Less times than can make a person sound like a scratched record. From the beginning I've been up for some well-reasoned critical discussion, but there does come a point where some folks are a bit too eager to restate the same points over and over again, as if expecting a different outcome... and when you've been keeping track of and moderating the discussion where need-be since July, it does start to get a little grating.

The idea of "stating an opinion once and moving on" is an underused and underappreciated approach these days.
HunterCC wrote:If you really feel that way, then let the mod(s) handle that, and let's just talk about the movie and issues surrounding it.
What's left to discuss, other than re-treading the ground already covered? The discussions have already thoroughly dissected the poor marketing and trailers, some fans' dislike for the director/actresses/producer/studio head, some have detailed their dislike of the effects, and others the lack of involvement of the original franchise elements.

When do we as a community move on? Please tell me we'll finally have this out of our system by January 1st, 2017... I don't think I (and others) could stand another six months of this.
By BatDan
While I'm not one to taunt when people are down. So I won't say I'm 'glad it flopped'.

I will say, I'm relieved that it didn't fulfill my worst fear; for which the studios intention was for this to be a liftoff point to 'transformer-ize' or 'marvel-ize' the franchise. With a sequel or spin off every summer beating the franchise into the ground. (And with the ATC direction to boot...which doesnt make it any better)

Don't get me wrong, Id love me some more Ghostbusters. But I'm a quality over quantity kinda guy.
savintheday, deadderek, RichardLess and 3 others liked this
By timeware
Kingpin wrote:
Sav C wrote:Phantom Menace was the only prequel I liked, probably on par with Force Awakens for me.
Jar Jar Binks, midichlorians and "I'm gonna be the first to see them all!" :)
scythemantis wrote:I'm gonna be honest, GB fandom is the whiniest and most needlessly critical fandom I've ever witnessed
I think the Trekkie and Star Wars communities would have us beat.
HunterCC wrote:What's mean spirited about that?
How the OP (and others subsequently) have revelled in that failure.

And as Italy has just tastelessly demonstrated, things here are slowly turning into the Ghostbusters Community limbo competition - "how low can you go!"

After reading that response I just realized something they never touched in Starwars. If Qui Gon Jinn was able to determine that Anakin was a Jedi by counting his midichlorians why in the hell did they never stop to think about creating more Jedi through blood transfusion? Problem solved Lucas! It's a lot cheaper then cloning Starkiller a thousand times!

Another fun fact spell check wants to change midichlorians to Floridians and Valedictorians.
HunterCC liked this
By RichardLess
Ok. I just want to clear something up here(and I really hate doing this, I do, but reading the comments up there, I need to defend myself)

I'm assuming Juror was talking about me with that comment related to winding people up? This is completely untrue. I've tried, sincerely (despite what he believes) to make nice but she/he just doesn't want to. thats his/her choice. All I've ever tried to do is discuss Ghostbusters. All of it. The new and the old. It's triumph and failure. Juror has said I have bullied him simply by replying to a comment of his with an offer to make nice. He/she has called me a creep, but posts to literally every thread I've created. Well Enough is enough.
I sincerely want to put this all behind us and move on. I'm tired of the bickering. All I want to do is talk about Ghostbusters. The reboot has divided this fandom and it's time we start coming back together. Talking negative about the reboot is not an attack. We can disagree on a lot but what we can all agree on is that we are all here for the same reason: we are Ghostbusters fans. All of us. That means something. So let's stop with the petty attacks and mindless bickering over things that have nothing to do with our beloved franchise. We'll put the past behind us and look towards a better future.
By JurorNo.2
BatDan wrote: I will say, I'm relieved that it didn't fulfill my worst fear; for which the studios intention was for this to be a liftoff point to 'transformer-ize' or 'marvel-ize' the franchise. With a sequel or spin off every summer beating the franchise into the ground.
Well you can thank China for much of that, since they wouldn't have been any more open to a proper GB sequel. So that really has nothing to do with ATC specifically.
HunterCC liked this
By HunterCC
RichardLess wrote:Ok. I just want to clear something up here(and I really hate doing this, I do, but reading the comments up there, I need to defend myself)

I'm assuming Juror was talking about me with that comment related to winding people up? This is completely untrue. I've tried, sincerely (despite what he believes) to make nice but she/he just doesn't want to. thats his/her choice. All I've ever tried to do is discuss Ghostbusters. All of it. The new and the old. It's triumph and failure. Juror has said I have bullied him simply by replying to a comment of his with an offer to make nice. He/she has called me a creep, but posts to literally every thread I've created. Well Enough is enough.
I sincerely want to put this all behind us and move on. I'm tired of the bickering. All I want to do is talk about Ghostbusters. The reboot has divided this fandom and it's time we start coming back together. Talking negative about the reboot is not an attack. We can disagree on a lot but what we can all agree on is that we are all here for the same reason: we are Ghostbusters fans. All of us. That means something. So let's stop with the petty attacks and mindless bickering over things that have nothing to do with our beloved franchise. We'll put the past behind us and look towards a better future.
Agreed. Hope that's past us now. From my view, seems like things are a lot calmer now. Best thing to do now is move on back to debate of the movie and stuff.
RichardLess liked this
By HunterCC
JurorNo.2 wrote:
BatDan wrote: I will say, I'm relieved that it didn't fulfill my worst fear; for which the studios intention was for this to be a liftoff point to 'transformer-ize' or 'marvel-ize' the franchise. With a sequel or spin off every summer beating the franchise into the ground.
Well you can thank China for much of that, since they wouldn't have been any more open to a proper GB sequel. So that really has nothing to do with ATC specifically.
Yeah, it's funny how China wouldn't let GB84 or GB16 in, but warcraft is ok? Lol.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By JurorNo.2
HunterCC wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Yeah, it's funny how China wouldn't let GB84 or GB16 in, but warcraft is ok? Lol.
I haven't seen it, but I do have friends utterly perplexed that Warcraft might get a sequel. Go figure, lol.
HunterCC liked this

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]