Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
pferreira1983 wrote:
Davideverona wrote:OGB actors' cameos explained in GB 101 #4: they simply are ordinary people who looks an awful lot like the OGB :) Patty is the first to bring it up, saying that Winston looks very similar to her uncle but 30 years younger, Erin remember the Cabbie and Heiss.
I've been told by someone who reads the IDW comics that the writers are struggling to make the reboot characters likable next to the original team. Apparently the only one who seems to work well with the original team is Patty.
Oh yeah, but I wouldn't say that the writers are "struggling to make the characters likable." The thing is the writers are doing a great job doing what they have done from the beginning, taking characters from the films and cartoons and developing them a bit more. I think the problem is they are doing too good a job. In my opinion the characters in ATC are for the most part uninteresting and unlikable. They are being depicted the same way in the comic as they were in the film.

I think they are doing the best they can with what they are working with. I think they have had better luck with expanding on the prime characters and overall expanding the GB universe with their own characters. From what I understand Ghost Corps came to IDW to do this crossover so ATC can be more welcomed to the GB multiverse.

I think it is going to take more than six issues to make the ATC crew more interesting. At this point I am really hoping to never see the ATC crew again after this ark is over. However we are only 3 issues into the story so my tune could change by the end of it. After all I used to not be very fond of the characters of Extreme Ghostbusters, but when Kyle Griffin became a regular character in the comic I started to really enjoy every time she appeared because she was written so well. I am not trying to be mean or hateful toward the Reboot because in an odd way I am greatful for ATC's existence because the film is fun for what it is. Also I do believe the lessons learned from approaching the Reboot the way Sony did will lead to better projects down the road. Case in point with Ghostbusters 101. I may not like the Reboot characters, but I am enjoying the interactions among ATC and Prime GBs. They haven't even gone on a bust together yet, but I am anticipating some fun.

I do get excited when Ivan Reitman talks about the brainstorming that is going on at Ghost Corps because it makes me very excited for what they might be cooking up. :):):)
pferreira1983 liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:Oh yeah, but I wouldn't say that the writers are "struggling to make the characters likable." The thing is the writers are doing a great job doing what they have done from the beginning, taking characters from the films and cartoons and developing them a bit more. I think the problem is they are doing too good a job. In my opinion the characters in ATC are for the most part uninteresting and unlikable. They are being depicted the same way in the comic as they were in the film.
I wish I could get past the character design. Partly my problem, partly the design. I recently bought The Get Real omnibus and the RGB characters just looked so much more appealing.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]