Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Davideverona
Let's put all the SDCC GB news in one single topic.

From what I understand there is a 2019 scheduled animated movie from a ghost point of view and a new live action who could be the cinematic version of GB 101?
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
Reitman beautifully addressed one of the main problems of the reboot : lack of continuity with the old movies.
That's the very one thing that bugs me. The female team is not an issue.
Hope they give us both Gb3 + GBATC 2 with the new movie
philmorgan81, Alphagaia, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote:Reitman beautifully addressed one of the main problems of the reboot : lack of continuity with the old movies.
That's the very one thing that bugs me. The female team is not an issue.
Hope they give us both Gb3 + GBATC 2 with the new movie
It really makes me happy that he acknowledges the number 1 problem with ATC. It was really messed up to just drop all the rich continuity of the original films. I also like the fact that he felt the cameos in ATC were not well executed. :):):)
By deadderek
I'm all for tying the 2 together in comics or animation, but I seriously would prefer NOT to see the 2 live action universes collide. Just...no.

They're 2 different types of beasts to me. I mean the character of Kevin while funny...would not fit in unless some major changes were made. I'm down in any other way for a crossover...just please not live action.

Happy as hell to see the new TMNT/Ghostbusters figures though, they've got my money already.

Story from ghosts point of view? Interested in that as well.

The new prop trap and goggles? Seem okay but let's see a price.

1/6 scale Ecto Replica? If I was wealthy I'd build a room just for it. Reality is I couldn't think of a time to really show it off or even have fun with it. :( I'd be too afraid of chipping/scratching/etc to even move it around.

Reboot comic? Not my cup of tea but glad to hear it's going on for the ATC fans.

Matty PKE Meter? From my understanding the listing is old/outdated and it's NOT coming back. If only...would be nice to see some reasonably priced PKE's again.

Very happy with this years SDCC overall though, glad to see more Ghostbusters exposure out there. :)
Sav C liked this
By Lee FW
deadderek wrote:I'm all for tying the 2 together in comics or animation, but I seriously would prefer NOT to see the 2 live action universes collide. Just...no.

They're 2 different types of beasts to me. I mean the character of Kevin while funny...would not fit in unless some major changes were made. I'm down in any other way for a crossover...just please not live action.
Just curious, as someone who would prefer them not to cross in live action how would you feel if it carried on in the 84 universe, never acknowledged the new movie but had the new team as their latest recruits, no backstory on how they got there, maybe just as if they're that dimensions versions of those characters?
By Doctor Venkman
Connecting the two universes needs to be done. They seem to be getting their ducks in a row now and realizing that this was the majority of fans' gripes about the movie (before it came out). I will be absolutely thrilled if we get a movie with the original characters again. Absolutely thrilled.

The animated film sounds interesting and I'm excited to see where they're going with that.

Sounds like we may have more good times ahead friends!
Sav C, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Kingpin
Doctor Venkman wrote:Connecting the two universes needs to be done.
I wouldn't say it needs to be done. Can it be done? Sure, 101 has done that, but it's done it better than any film crossover would be able to do it... and I'd personally be happier keeping the two continuities separate in live-action form.
By Davideverona
It is true that Reitman said they're thinking about CGI Leila-ize an original Gb character in order to make him a ghost in the new live action movie?
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote:It is true that Reitman said they're thinking about CGI Leila-ize an original Gb character in order to make him a ghost in the new live action movie?

Now for me they don't need to connect the worlds since they already did it in the comics. As long as the next film is a sequel to the original continuity I'd be thrilled. If they wind up connecting the worlds in film that's cool too. Now if they are going the route above, it would be amazing if they could get the rest of surviving Ghostbusters together to pass the torch to a new team and top it off with a tasteful CG tribute to Harold Ramis. That would just bring everything full circle for me. Bill Murray would be the biggest challenge on this front since he never wanted to do another sequel so they may have to settle with just Dan and Ernie passing the torch. Maybe they could have Dan and Ernie carry most of the movie as mentors and have Bill Murray show up briefly toward the end of the film. It is nice to see that Ivan seems to have a particular plan that is actually moving forward. :):):)
By robbritton
The only way a continuation with the original cast can possibly happen is all animated. Anything else would be awful. There's no way Sony is going to sink the money into a convincing CGI Ramis. They do a crossover with ATC, introduce new characters, and then make new live action movies based on the new characters, with Dan and Ernie as mentors. There's no other way it can work, someone else is going to have to voice Venkman for a start. Bill's not going to do it again.

BUT, I fear whatever they do is doomed. The morons on YouTube are already talking about boycotting it because they were so offended by ATC. People out there seem determined that Ghostbusters should fail cinematically.

I'm demoralised by comments on SDCC videos, I realise, but it's so sad. Bunch of people who got offended by nothing, deciding that things I love should fail. Again.
Kingpin, Lee FW liked this
By Davideverona
Max landis wrote an outstanding tribute to Egon in his script.

He's appears via EVP or PKE spikes.

I thought of an after credit scene : Ray is sitting alone at the desk, then a Twinkie fluctuates towards him (á la Ghost, the scene with the penny). Ray grabs it and smile.
By philmorgan81
robbritton wrote:The only way a continuation with the original cast can possibly happen is all animated. Anything else would be awful. There's no way Sony is going to sink the money into a convincing CGI Ramis. They do a crossover with ATC, introduce new characters, and then make new live action movies based on the new characters, with Dan and Ernie as mentors. There's no other way it can work, someone else is going to have to voice Venkman for a start. Bill's not going to do it again.

BUT, I fear whatever they do is doomed. The morons on YouTube are already talking about boycotting it because they were so offended by ATC. People out there seem determined that Ghostbusters should fail cinematically.

I'm demoralised by comments on SDCC videos, I realise, but it's so sad. Bunch of people who got offended by nothing, deciding that things I love should fail. Again.
I understand feeling demoralized by hateful or stupid comments, but hey in the end they're just words. Keep in mind just because people decide to boycott a film doesn't gaurentee it's failure. I think what killed ATC more than the bad press and the bad trailers was that in the end it just wasn't that good a movie. I believe that the franchise is due for a big win. Even if the haters boycott a film, if the film happens to be exceptional word of mouth will get out there and people will go see it. That is the optimist in me talking. :):):)
By Davideverona
I start to feel like the good old Gb3 days again, with the difference that now I'm married and I have a daughter named Alice, like the poor librarian :) the excitement is definitely here!
By robbritton
philmorgan81 wrote:
robbritton wrote:The only way a continuation with the original cast can possibly happen is all animated. Anything else would be awful. There's no way Sony is going to sink the money into a convincing CGI Ramis. They do a crossover with ATC, introduce new characters, and then make new live action movies based on the new characters, with Dan and Ernie as mentors. There's no other way it can work, someone else is going to have to voice Venkman for a start. Bill's not going to do it again.

I understand feeling demoralized by hateful or stupid comments, but hey in the end they're just words. Keep in mind just because people decide to boycott a film doesn't gaurentee it's failure. I think what killed ATC more than the bad press and the bad trailers was that in the end it just wasn't that good a movie. I believe that the franchise is due for a big win. Even if the haters boycott a film, if the film happens to be exceptional word of mouth will get out there and people will go see it. That is the optimist in me talking. :):):)
While I loved the new movie, that's really nice to hear! Thank you, it's good to hear some positivity from the fanbase, and easy to forget that YouTube commenters don't speak for us. I shall endeavour to be glass half full from now on! :)
Alphagaia, Lee FW liked this
By BigTime72
Don't forget too that a new movie is not entirely for all of us old guard. I have a 4 and 6 year old who I am dying to take to these movies. I really hope that the new films will take root in the younger generation and keep this franchise going.
robbritton, Alphagaia, Lee FW and 2 others liked this
By Alphagaia
Davideverona wrote:I start to feel like the good old Gb3 days again, with the difference that now I'm married and I have a daughter named Alice, like the poor librarian :) the excitement is definitely here!
Congrats, I named my 6 month old Tobin!
Davideverona liked this
By sjn1279
The Ghostbusters reboot was one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. It needs to be forgotten.

I'm hoping for an animated sequel of sorts with the original team.
deadderek, seekandannoy liked this
By Seth Rex
deadderek wrote:
Seth Rex wrote:Is it a kid's pack or is it for adults as well?
This is it on a 6 foot tall man:

Hmm okay, I can get behind that, then.
By Seth Rex
You know what, you're right. Of the announcements I have seen from Comic Con, I didn't notice any concerning the cartoon. Hmm.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]