Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Davideverona wrote: June 11th, 2019, 12:53 am That's because Kilye and Janine and all the female ghostbusters introduced in the prime universe doesn't count?
Technically, the first and second movie would be the "prime" universe. In that case there would be zero female busters. The other female busters are not from the prime universe, but the subsequent universes based around the prime.

Kylie is a Ghostbuster in the comics and animated series, while Janine was mostly temporary in the cartoon and comic. Not saying the other female busters don't count but in terms of "prime universe", as in the original film, we have actually have zero. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters, the IDW comic, all based AROUND the original film, but events in those do not effect the film. Answer the call is the only one so far that doesn't spin from the original film, so it's own separate universe.

Overall Ghostbusters universe though, yes quite a few female busters. That being said as much as I enjoyed ATC, it's unlikely a sequel will be made because the box-office reception was low. Also, petitions are pretty much useless. Very few have gotten anywhere, even with a ton of signatures.
The odds of the movie getting a direct sequel are slim to none. I will say the movie wasn't as horrible as many of it's detractors claim. But it is also an odd to pick as a choice to act as a cultural lightning rod for what is essentially a mediocre corporate action comedy.

In my opinion, they tried to have it both ways: stake out new territory with a fresh reboot but ALSO cash in on the nostalgia of the original. There were many possibilities: What if it was about ghost extermination in the modern world of tech startups where the group sets up an "Uber for ghost extermination"? What if they kept it in the original universe and continued the story around franchising in another city like Los Angeles or Chicago?

That said, I liked:

- Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth played great characters and they kept me entertained.
- Showing the creation and testing of the equipment was fun. The new gear looked cool and had the same "made it the back garage feel.
- The subway scene of them first trying the proton pack prototype be failing to catch the prison ghost was fun.
- The scene with Leslie Jones finding the room with all the mannequins and being like "Nope. Room full of nightmares" and the ensuing possessed mannequin chase was probably my favorite bit.

I wouldn't mid seeing these characters and world again under a new director that can reign in the more over-the-top improv comedy and bring an original story to the table. I also think an animated GB-verse type of movie (like Spider-Verse) that mashes up different characters could be fun - did they do this with the comics?

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]