Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
I've been trying to locate the digital-only, US-only deleted scenes that came with the iTunes purchase... as I don't think they were on the Blu Ray release? If anyone can hook me up with where I can buy these or if anyone has a copy they'd be willing to share then please DM me.

Anyway, in my search I found a link to an alternative version of the concert scene and... I was surprised by how much this improved on the theatrical / extended versions.

http://movietouch.sony.com.edgesuite.ne ... 23976p.mp4

This scene adds a couple of elements which I think really work... first of all it breathes more. There's more of a reaction from the band and crowd to the ghost appearing, space to allow a short pov sequence with the band's singer upside-down, which is a great idea imho. It features a nice director cameo, and makes the theatre manager's scream gag land a bit better imo. And then you have the theatre manager reacting angrily to the destruction of building rather than being reduced to a throwaway gag. I'm not sure if I'd keep Patti's final line, but it does lead into her getting an immediate comeuppance with the crowd parting for her attempt at surfing and ghost targetting her.

There have been some great fanedits but seeing this and knowing there are hours of alt scenes out there really makes me wanna do a deep dive - you can see how they condensed everything down to "just gags" and this is a good example of a cut scene which was originally more carefully paced, and deserves to be re-integrated into the movie.
Alphagaia liked this
I think the site featuring the above clip hosts all of the deleted content freely available for download!

With these, the theatrical / extended versions plus the already amazing Total Protonic Reversal Cut, I think I might finally give this a go.

There was a cut that somehow removed Bill Murray cameo, maybe need to refer to that too.

I've been watching the deleted scenes all morning and there is some dry, grounded humour in there that was just totally wiped away in the final edit and soundtrack. IMHO although some things are not fixable, this could be vastly improved.

I just need to figure out how to separate elements of the audio and give Rowan a CGI bowtie...
Glad you liked my edit! I did the TPR cut! However the one made available on fanedit.org blows mine away. One of the deleted scenes that should've stayed in was when Erin takes her pack to the Dean to show that she's not a fake and then she and Abby have words. It was a good scene and gave the characters depth.
Alphagaia, Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
DarkSpectre wrote: March 15th, 2021, 8:45 am Glad you liked my edit! I did the TPR cut! However the one made available on fanedit.org blows mine away. One of the deleted scenes that should've stayed in was when Erin takes her pack to the Dean to show that she's not a fake and then she and Abby have words. It was a good scene and gave the characters depth.
I did! Watched it a couple of times now. Is the fanedit the one that completely bypasses Murray?
Edit: Yes I found it. Any idea how to obtain a copy of this edit?

I agree re: the pack and the Dean scene (I'd trim it a little). Initially when I saw the Dean outtake I thought it was from the very end of the movie as a callback to the mayor scene. But then it has that bit of character development between Abby and Erin afterwards.

I wondered about desaturating the colours during the Aldridge mansion scene at the beginning to set a scarier tone, but not sure how that would sit within the rest of the film.
Alphagaia liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]