By kind2311
I have only purchased from Galls both both times I got the suit in like 3 days. From what I can see, Army Surplus For Less has the lowest price and Kevin(Spooky) recommends them for Tru-Spec.

Your question about size in kind of confusing. if you cant measure yourself properly with a tape then answer me these questions:

height
weight
shirt size
pant size
are you skinny, average or overweight?

from this i can usually tell what kind of suit you need.
By madeinsocal6
Yeah to answer the other sizes: I'm 5'8" and some, I weigh about 145lbs. I usually wear size large shirts and size 32 pants and so I think I'm average.
By Butcha
If it wasn't for all of you being so helpful I wouldn't have gotten any of this yet. So for what it's worth, a big THANK YOU to all of you who have helped me get this costume up and running.
By Butcha
Right?! LOL! It's a bit wrinkly, but at least I don't have to dye it. I'm actually heading off to the store right now to buy RIT black dye and that Dritz crap for my elbow pads and belt.
By fflyons29
Ok, I'm a first time poster so go easy. Just wanted to thank everyone especially kind2311 (whom seems to be all about detail just as much as myself) for all the tips on the site. I finally said screw and and decided to start by building a uniform. I'm a detailed kinda guy and watching the movies a 1000 times can only get you so far. I went Nomex (I'm a firefighter so I was partial to it before reading on, and had no problem on spending the extra money) and just got it in. Fits like a glove (thanks to everyones sizing tips particular to nomex), and the color looks great. When ever it's done I'll be sure to post some pictures that I'll dare you to point out any screen inacuracies (aside from the flight suit obviously not being custom made). Just felt the need to thank everyone... so.... thanks!
By | alkaline |
kind2311 wrote:I have only purchased from Galls both both times I got the suit in like 3 days. From what I can see, Army Surplus For Less has the lowest price and Kevin(Spooky) recommends them for Tru-Spec.

Your question about size in kind of confusing. if you cant measure yourself properly with a tape then answer me these questions:

height
weight
shirt size
pant size
are you skinny, average or overweight?

from this i can usually tell what kind of suit you need.

HI there, I asked this question in another thread before I found this one. You seem to be pretty good sizing. I don't have access to a tape measure so I'm not sure my sizes. You think you could help me out? I ordered a Rothco Large (Yes I know now not too bright but it didn't say Rothco in the description) but I'm returning it cause the inseam is too tight and causes severe wedging for a Tru-Spec. The Rothco fit pretty good besides the inseam prob, baggy but not excessive. So would a Tru-Spec large be OK? Sorry to double post :sigh: but this seems a bit more accurate. My sizes are as follows:

height: 5'-10.5"
weight: 180lbs
shirt size: Large ( T shirt)
pant size: 34x34 ( comfortable fit with hardly any baggyness)
are you skinny, average or overweight?: Average.
By jt001
Vinny: you were damn right about Rothco's and TruSpecs.

Sometime ago I got a Rotcho crap suit. The color was awful and not to mention the velcro placement. I first got one, had to return it because the zipper broke on me after I took it out of the package. And the sizing is pretty weird, too. A few days ago decided to get a TruSpec instead, which I received yesterday.

The difference is incredible! Much better craftsmanship, the color is much pleasant to the eyes, the zippers are also higher quality than Rothco's, and fits way, way, way much better!!! I love how it looks. I was talking with the guy on the store who placed the order for me. They sell all kind of uniforms. He agrees about Rothco's sub par quality overall. He told me that he NEVER recommends Rothco to anyone who goes there, because of the lack of quality. He also mentioned that the military stuff Rothco produces is utter crap.

Thanks for the thread dude!
By kind2311
Alkaline, I recommend an XL Tru Spec in regular length. It's always a good idea to go one size up from your normal clothes.

José, thats enough to convince me

A Tru-Spec suit will always fit better all around than their same-size Rothco counterparts
By Henners
I need help finding a flight suit for my girlfriend.

she's a bit bigger, but she's short.

she's 5'0". Shes got a 51" chest, and 49" waist.

...a 3XL truspec seems to fit her but she IS only 5'0".

Any help?
By mcfly
I'm really glad I decided to go with the Tru-Spec! I've been reading a lot of the posts and reviews and the worst thing about you guys is that you get so excited about your flight suits that it makes the wait for MINE to come so much worse! :-P;-)

Thanks for all the helpful posts though! Reviews and pics are the best!

Shane
By azmyth
buying a tru spec flight suit.. having some issues even after reading the thread figuring out the size... maybe someone can help...

height: 6'1"
weight: about 210 last time I checked
pant size: 36" x 32"
t-shirt size: large (medium if I want them snug)
body type: I used to be extremely skinny.. but now I;d say I am average.
By adarkervision
So the general consensus seems to be that if your wife won't let you spend... I mean if you can't get a Nomex, the Tru-Spec 27-P in Khaki seems to be the way to go? I'm lucky enough to live near a really good Army/Navy store that I know has all of the above, so at least I can go in and try on a suit or two to figure out what size to get...
By Jairus
You can probably find a Nomex suit for $10-20 more than a Tru-Spec on eBay if you're diligent.

One caveat though. I love the tailoring on the Nomex suits as much as the next "Prop Nazi," but they are god awful almost insufferable if you live in a hot climate. The Tru-Specs are a little more breathable, but comfort in this department is where the Rothcos really shine. (No pun intended. Bleach those suits to knock out the shine!)

Knock their tailoring and the fact that they need to be dyed all you want, but they're some DAMN comfortable suits.
By PeskyPoltergeist
I just got my Tru-Spec in. Rides up a little in the crotch, but not really a problem as long as I'm in my boxers under it. I have a long torso so I don't think going up in size would help, its already very baggy with what I got. Now I just need to remove the velcro and attach the patches.
By gsterfan05
curious to know which option would be best for me.

measurements-

5'7"
shirt size- small
pant size- 28-29
skinny build

thanks!!!
By kind2311
for you, a size 34 or 36 nomex in short length sounds about right.

if you want a tru-spec, i'd say a medium in regular length.
By XxEctOxX
I just got my nomex in the mail today and I needed it for the weekend.. But it's to small . Sob

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]