By mburkit
Just an update for anyone that was watching this thread. I got my patches and stuff together, and here it is, all together!

Fits okay, the legs aren't as baggy as on my Khaki flight suit. They are the same size though, the only difference is this one's a regular and the khaki is a long. But whatever, i like how the color came out.
By mburkit
Well, yesterday, I wore the thing through a freaking MONSOON! It along with all my other gear seemed to hold up. You know its bad when it doesn't matter if you have an umbrella or not. The dye did run a little into my undershirt. So I guess this is mostly a warning to anyone that is stupid enough to wear their gear in heavy rain, that the dye might run just a tad.
By kind2311
wow matt, you wore your pack in the rain? all the electronics are ok? did you open it up to dry it out?

Winston: Hey guys, we ever test the proton packs in the rain?
Egon: I guess that what Rookie's doing right now
Ray: Hey! I'm wearing one too!
Egon: . . .That's right Ray, you smell anything burning or notice any painful tingling?
Ray: You'll be the first to know
By Dorian Gray
I tried and tried this method and no hint of color removing. I ended up using 5 RIT color removers and 4 cups of bleach which didnt make a dent. Any suggestions before I cut my losses on my GBII flight suit?
By Judhudson
So question - do you wash this in cold water or hot water when removing the colors, bleach, and dye.

I take it you wash the uniform at the very end in cold water when it's all done.
By Judhudson
Well, I'll give it a shot soon. I hope that the fact that I have one of Tru-Specs dark navy (which is close to black) will still use the same colors/instructions for the process.
By Hasford1978
Ok so its been a while since anyone posted anything in this thread, but im going to be starting my process this week of altering the colour of my navy Tru-spec...... i have all the things ready for me to start this, just need to put some time aside to actually start

A couple of quick questions to the guys who have already done these charcoal suits

1) how much of the gray RIT dye are you using, half a pack or the full pack
2) how long are you leaving the suit to soak up the dye
By lunchbox739
I haven't tried the navy suits to grey yet but there must be some potential issues with them...i have 5 black suits to be dyed grey that people would rather wait 3 months for backorders to process then take a suit with the navys as the base. I really need to give this a go and see what the deal is

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Jairus
The only real issue with dying a navy suit is that, once you arrive at charcoal grey, the velcro, stitching, and zipper tape are still a comparatively bright blue. Looks fine from a distance, but I'm not a fan of how it looks up close.

Starting with blue is a bit easier, but I think you just get a nicer, more accurate result starting with black.
By Wharin
as promised:

So i bought a navy tru-spec suit. After seeing burkits results with a black suit, and after much groveling, begging and worshipping of The Jairus, here's my conclusions:

i used:

4 packs color remover in one long, hot extended rinse wash
2 bleach hot washes
let it air dry
-this gave me a grey suit with a slight yellowish tint. this is where i started grovelling.

at the behest of the dye god, i loaded the sink with boiling water and used 2 tablespoons of royal blue dye with a tablespoon of purple, and a cup of salt, added in small doses every 5 minutes or so.

that, after a cold wash and a run through the dryer, gave me this:

no flash

with flash

what do you guys think?

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]