Got my khaki flight suit today, but it was to small. Will send it back to get another one.

But I already have boots, because I was in the German Army. I had two pairs, but one of them got lost after the years. Now I have to clean the other pair to wear them next year on carnival. :D
I just picked up a pair of Corcoran 985's on Amazon. For those interested, Amazon is running a 20% off sale on all boots shipped by them. This brought my 985's down from $135 to $108 with free two-day shipping as a Prime member (*and returns are free, if you decide you don't like them).

To those on the fence about the investment for a pair of Corcorans or any other well made combat boot: I have worn my infantry boots (Bates, I think?) for ten years after three years of ROTC and they are still in great condition. For some perspective, I paid $80 for my last pair of sneakers and I think they lasted three years...

:whatever:
Ryusui wrote:Too bad they, like most sites, only offer expensive shipping options to Hawaii. $50, are you kidding me?
$50 for the 50th state. : P
deadderek liked this
hey guys,

today i got MY GB1 Boots... corcoran 995.
I painted the Zippers aluminium-silver and deleted the piece of leather with the push on buttons.

So thats what they look like now:

New Corcoran #1585, 10" boots with inside zipper.
My boots came in this past Friday.
They arrived sooner than I thought almost
within 48 hours of ordering.
Used metallic paint ink pen purchased at Walmart
for the zippers. Like the results. Thought about
removing the leather with the push buttons but
decided against it.
Boot is a size 12 Wide. However, I normally wear a 12 E
but these fit great! The ripcord allows me to lace them up
to the last eye-lits. Very comfortable boots.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Found some Corcorans on ebay. Listing said "new with imperfections." I was a little apprehensive but I decided to go for it as they only cost $39.99 plus $15 shipping. They arrived two days later.

ImageImageImage

The eBay seller is http://www.ebay.com/usr/hubbardsmilitary if anyone else wants to give them a try.
I must ask JakeW, are your boots weather worn
or has a natural dull finish? Kinda hard to tell
from the pics.
I just ordered some Corcorans 985 in 11,5W. The size chart had me at about that size. My hiking boots are 12 and there a bit snug. My all-terrain studded sneakers is 13, regular sneakers 11,5 so I hope they'll fit.
Had to go with the 985 since it's chance for ice and snow in the season I'll use the uniform the most. Felt I needed the extra traction.
Love my Corcoran's. One of the best pair of boots I've ever worn.
Boots recieved and they were a perfect fit. Been using them as my everyday boots and so far they've been excellent for winter in Norway. Snow and ice haven't been a problem and neither has the rain and water now that the temperature har risen.
Great boots, highly recommended
Just saw this today! Pretty good price for TruSpec boots... http://sport.woot.com/offers/tru-spec-t ... dium=share
By gregday
I used a pair of tin snips to cut the leather flap off, as close to the seam as I could get. If these were against my bare leg I bet it would be uncomfortable, but with the jumpsuit tucked in it should be fine.

I'm loving the Boschma case btw :) Got some PE foam on the way to line the interior, and I've been detailing the outside with a bunch of proton pack -esque stickers and one of these: https://www.etsy.com/listing/210081939/ ... roton-pack

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]