Since I need to keep busy during this pandemic I thought I'd make a new uniform. Now screen accuracy isn't the goal. More like a Franchise uniform. The Biggest Hurdle for me was the flight suit. I don't know what it's like for anyone else but I'm looking at $70 and up price range not including shipping. This of course is out of my price range as far as budget goes.

So I started looking for alternatives and found this:
Not screen accurate, but I felt I could do something with it. A few mods here and there and it should look decent. Here is what I have done so far.
In addition I have made some all black elbow pads.
Why all black?I couldn't find grey elbow pads and I don't have a spot where I can do a dye job, plus I thought the black would stand out better than grey which might blend in with the jumpsuit.
I think the grey uniform is on-point, especially with the patches (also that Newfoundland patch looks awesome, sup fellow Atlantic bubbler?). Honestly it reminds me a bit of the RGB jumpsuits, and considering that I've seen folks in pink ones I don't think grey is that much of a stretch. I also think you made the right call with the black pads, they're definitely going to stand out from the grey and look snazzy.
GBfan77 liked this
Macktacular wrote: July 18th, 2020, 11:39 pm I think the grey uniform is on-point, especially with the patches (also that Newfoundland patch looks awesome, sup fellow Atlantic bubbler?). Honestly it reminds me a bit of the RGB jumpsuits, and considering that I've seen folks in pink ones I don't think grey is that much of a stretch. I also think you made the right call with the black pads, they're definitely going to stand out from the grey and look snazzy.
How are you holding up during the Covid Apocalypse?

I'm part of the Newfoundland Ghostbusters. We formed up in I think 2014 or 15. I designed the patch with input from the rest of the group and had them made.

I went with grey for two reasons. One Casey Kasem describes the Ghostbusters as "The boys in gray" and I haven't seen too many Gray uniforms. Probably has a lot to do with the difficulties of dying flight suits to that proper shade. The other reason is that when I was a kid my favorite RGB toy was Egon and his suit was all gray.

The RGB feel was what I was going for. I liked the look of the Uniforms and It's the one that kinda worked with this overalls. Debating whether or not to add the RGB style cuffs to the sleeves and legs.

I plan to buy a black gun belt to match the elbow pads. debating what kind of belt gizmo to go with.
Okay. This uniform is pretty much finished other than adding the name tag. if I get a bit ambitious I might add zippers to the front pockets. Continuing with the RGB theme I added a black (or very dark grey. I can't really tell) collar as well as black cuffs on the sleeps and legs. After experimenting with elastics and discovered how much of a pain in the ass they were I elected to go with Velcro straps.

I totally understand the budget constraints, especially during these times. Your approach to going for a franchise uniform is smart – it's all about the DIY spirit! Your modifications and all-black elbow pads are looking cool. Sometimes, it's about putting your personal touch on things. Also, you can read more about gym franchises at hitsona.com. Keep up the creativity, and have fun with the process!
Last edited by hadwalterss on August 30th, 2023, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
GBfan77 liked this
GBfan77 wrote: August 30th, 2023, 5:06 am
hadwalterss wrote: August 30th, 2023, 3:00 am Your approach to going for a franchise uniform is smart – it's all about the DIY spirit!
Too bad the pictures are gone. I don't know what's going on with this site. You put pictures in a thread and a while later they are gone.
It's nothing to do with GBFans.
Over the years various internet image hosts have shut down or gone pay-only, accounts have been deleted (either by the host site or the owner), and in the case of images linked to from Facebook, they only seem to allow hotlinking for a short amount of time. Unfortunately in some cases all you need is a year or two to pass, and then the images disappear from a given topic. :whatever:

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]