For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
I plan to acquire one here pretty quick and would love to see a tut. I guess thats 3? Only 7 to go!
Seems to be some interest in doing this, so I thought I'd dig up this thread. I need to add some pictures to make this a full tutorial, but for now here's how it's done.

Get a tub or large pan ( or a bathtub will do ) and soak the parts in hot soapy water, near boiling. The idea is to soften the 30 + year old plastic so it bends instead of snaps, but not to melt it which is why the hot water and not a hair dryer or a blowtorch ( I know how you guys are :lol: ) . The soap helps lubricate but it does make things slippery.

First remove the white railings if you have any, soak them in the water to soften up the Tabs. Turn the Firehouse on it's roof and poke them out through the floor bottoms. Remove the pole and spinner if you have one, soak it first so you can bend the Pole to pop it from it"s settings.

Now soak the Roof section. Use a thin bladed flat head screwdriver...widest you can find. Six tabs around the Roof line are easy, the tabs around the large pole are what will put up a fight and you might end up breaking them. Use the screwdriver and pry them away from the pole. They are hidden so some damage won't matter and you can always glue the roof at that spot.

Next soak the bottom floor and repeat. This time the trouble spots will be at the doorways, one post for each side. Work them like the one on the roof.

Once the Roof and Floor are off, unscrew all visable wall screws. That will release the floors from the walls and the walls from each other.

Last item is the large pole with the 3rd floor still attached to it. Undo all visible screws and try to split the pole. A really hot bath may be needed, depending on how well they glued the 2 halves together. Once it is split it is easier to release the floor from its snap in spot. More warm soapy water may be needed.

As I won't be tearing one apart right away, if anyone does this, please take some pictures and add them in.

Thanks!
OK so I have two of them. I kept them when I ran into them when ever, which was cool since my kids and I started to use them for urban warfare with G.I Joe.... Until one disappeared and the other was recently... well let's just say the kid was sick and the firehouse was in the way.

I hosed it off and gave it a good scrubbing, and though it's sitting in the garage somewhere... maybe I'll clean her up and pick up some of the real GBs and an Ecto1? I think the kids would love it. especially after watching the cartoons with dad.
i bought one on ebay, it was pretty rough. the easiest way i was able to take it apart was, pour some dawn dish soap into the 6 tabs on the roof and let it soak for about 30mins. then take a small flat tip screwdriver and it should come up no problem. i had to put small popsicle sticks in some spots to get the next tab up.

that was the easy part, for the grey support pole holding the roof you need to soak the firehouse in warm soap water in the bathtub for about an hour, then get it out / dry it off and the roof should come right off.
Jedigeorge10 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 8:48 am Hi, is there a way to get rid of the yellowing on the firehouse at all?
I've not tried this myself, so no guarantees if it'd work here, but I wonder if you'd be able to Retr0bright the plastic, similar to what the 8-bit Guy on YouTube does to old Commodore/Apple computer chassis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retr0bright

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]