For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
I thought it was supposed to be an animated feature like Sony's spiderman. Did they change it to a series?

I remember one of the interviews Dan gave about GBIII back in the day saying it would include other franchises across the world. He even talked about getting contact info from the various groups out there for possible involvement. I wonder if that will be adapted for this .
I think the big question that is on everybody's mind & I imagine Ghost Corps are the ones to answer this: Is it with the reboot universe, or with the original universe?

I know it says it is in the cinematic universe which as of today, is the rebooted one, but has anyone seen any other information that states it clearly which universe this series falls under?
Kingpin wrote:
joegianco wrote:I thought it was supposed to be an animated feature like Sony's spiderman. Did they change it to a series?
I think Sony's considering both an animated feature and a new animated series.

Thanks Ben you beat me to it. Yeah this is pretty exciting. We know that the CG feature film has a director and I think that as of right now just called Ghostbusters until they think of a sub title. This one I think will just be a regular cartoon. I do wonder if it will be flash animation or what not I am really curious to what they will do. Especially the question of what universes do these shows take place in. A world filled with more Ghostbusters YAY!!! :):):) Hey maybe if these shows do well enough maybe we will see some kind of event put together like Turtles Forever where the Ghostbusters from all realities team up. I know we saw a little bit of that in IDW's Get Real. I just figured that this could get even bigger in scale, but I am getting way ahead of myself. :):):)
My money would be on 3D animation, like Dreamworks' Dragons series.

I was wondering about which continuity the series would be set in, though whichever they go with, I bet they'll be references and visual homages to both the classic and reboot realities.
philmorgan81 liked this
Alphagaia wrote:So, finally some new information on the animation series they are bringing to our homes. It's called Ecto Force, is set in the future of 2050, with a new cast and will be out in 2018, overseen by our good pall Ivan Reitman!

Full article: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/20/ ... offerings/
A new cast set in the future, eh? I'm keeping an eye on it.
Jangonate wrote:Sounds like Dan's original concept. Hope ot it turns out good. Color me excited.
Same here, if this turns out to be the case. We shall see. ^_^
philmorgan81 liked this
I need to take a breath hear because I am getting real excited. Lets take a look at what we have here. We have an Ongoing Ghostbusters comic series (Hopfully doing well enough to go a few more years.) A new movie coming out next month. A new CG animated Film, an animated tv series and a potential Untitled Ghostbusters Project. I've said it before and I'll say it again If your into Ghostbusters I'd say it's a good time to be alive. :):):)
*NormalGamer*, Alphagaia, Razorgeist and 2 others liked this
I don't understand why Ghostbusters has to constantly be creating new teams. Wtf is wrong with the original characters? Introduce a few new men and women if need be, but keep the original GB's.

I hate to keep comparing it to TMNT, but it came out the exact same year as Ghostbusters and they've kept the same characters ever since. Has it become stale yet? Nope.
SonofSamhain, seekandannoy, Sav C and 1 others liked this
Egon's Pompadour wrote:I don't understand why Ghostbusters has to constantly be creating new teams. Wtf is wrong with the original characters? Introduce a few new men and women if need be, but keep the original GB's.

I hate to keep comparing it to TMNT, but it came out the exact same year as Ghostbusters and they've kept the same characters ever since. Has it become stale yet? Nope.

I do wonder the same thing. You'd think that when you have a real strong solid group like Ray, Egon Peter, and Winston. You would think you could just do the same thing they did with He-Man Thundercats and of course TMNT heck even Transformers. I am hoping the CG Animated Movie will concentrate on the original characters. I do wonder if the reason they keep coming up with new teams is because there still are some issues with using the original characters based on that iron clad contract that was drawn up 27 years ago. Would be interesting to know, but since Ivan is steering the ship at Ghost Corps like Ben said I am sure there will be huge references that will compliment both universes in some way. :):):)
Egon's Pompadour liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:
Egon's Pompadour wrote:I don't understand why Ghostbusters has to constantly be creating new teams. Wtf is wrong with the original characters? Introduce a few new men and women if need be, but keep the original GB's.

I do wonder the same thing. You'd think that when you have a real strong solid group like Ray, Egon Peter, and Winston. You would think you could just do the same thing they did with He-Man Thundercats and of course TMNT heck even Transformers. I am hoping the CG Animated Movie will concentrate on the original characters. I do wonder if the reason they keep coming up with new teams is because there still are some issues with using the original characters based on that iron clad contract that was drawn up 27 years ago. Would be interesting to know, but since Ivan is steering the ship at Ghost Corps like Ben said I am sure there will be huge references that will compliment both universes in some way. :):):)
I find it hard to believe there is any sort of contractual reason why they're not using the original characters. Sony would just threaten to sue whomever was holding out. Considering everyone sold out to this garbage coming out in July, what dignity is left to hold onto? They can't possibly think a cartoon featuring the original characters would somehow damage the franchise.

Yes, that would be awesome if this CG movie focused on the original team and remained in the same spirit as the movies/video game.
philmorgan81, deadderek liked this
I agree, even though I'm starting to feel like a stick in the mud about everything. Why can Star Wars have multiple cartoons, prequels, real sequels, tons of video games based off of the original characters and story from the original movies, but we can't ever have that? The turtles too. I've liked every cartoon series they've put out, I don't like the new movies, but from mirage, to Archie, to Fred wolf, to idw, to nick they've kept the same four turtles and I continue to enjoy where they take them. Why with the ghostbusters can't you have just the original four guys? The perfect team archetype like the turtles. I'll check it out, but after the whole movie thing I'm bummed. I kind of wonder if the future thing is a way to try to appease everyone. Sony may think If you have the new team a lot of people may be put off by it because of the trailer response. If you have the original four guys you'll definitly hear "sonys sexist for only using four guys and not believing in the new team". So you put it in the future of one of the timelines and make the team a mix which is what some people were asking for with this movie.
philmorgan81, deadderek liked this
That is a good point. Afterall the contract they had with one another didn't stop the Video Game from 2009 from going into production. From what I understand it was well into devolopment and they were not even certain if Murray would be involved. Maybe he had signed off on it putting it into porduction, but didn't nessecarily agree to participating till much later. I have no clue. ;) I just assumed it was that contract that was the reason we are getting a reboot instead of a sequel. All parties had to agree in order for a sequel to be made. No aggreement could be made on what direction a sequel could go so they Rebooted the franchise with completely different cast in a completely different world as kind of a loophole to get around the contract. I could be completely off here I am not sure it just felt like the kind of Red Tape they would come up with. :):):)
weepel wrote:I agree, even though I'm starting to feel like a stick in the mud about everything. Why can Star Wars have multiple cartoons, prequels, real sequels, tons of video games based off of the original characters and story from the original movies, but we can't ever have that? The turtles too. I've liked every cartoon series they've put out, I don't like the new movies, but from mirage, to Archie, to Fred wolf, to idw, to nick they've kept the same four turtles and I continue to enjoy where they take them. Why with the ghostbusters can't you have just the original four guys? The perfect team archetype like the turtles. I'll check it out, but after the whole movie thing I'm bummed. I kind of wonder if the future thing is a way to try to appease everyone. Sony may think If you have the new team a lot of people may be put off by it because of the trailer response. If you have the original four guys you'll definitly hear "sonys sexist for only using four guys and not believing in the new team". So you put it in the future of one of the timelines and make the team a mix which is what some people were asking for with this movie.

At some point Rowan leaves Kevin's Body. Maybe Kevin will actually get to do some Ghostbusting in this film making it (not exactly a mixed team) but a more diverse team. Maybe Kevin will get promoted to full fledged Ghostbuster since we've seen in the trailers and tv spots that he kind of sucks as a receptionist.

I am with you both on the question as to why they wouldn't just stick with the original characters. I remain confident that regardless of the reboot and the time period that the cartoon will be taking place, that Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd are not finished with the orinal characters we no and love.

Evil Dead's original continuity is co existing with it's reboot's continuity, I think the same thing can happen with Ghostbusters. :):):)
By 80sguy
philmorgan81 wrote:Evil Dead's original continuity is co existing with it's reboot's continuity, I think the same thing can happen with Ghostbusters. :):):)
At this point, it would probably be a multi-verse thing. The 2K3 and 2K12 Ninja Turtles series had them met their 87 counterparts, the former which showed all versions of the Turtles at that point existing in different dimensions. Since the reboot has none of the original characters existing (as far as we know), the only other way to be in continuity with the original is to say they're from a separate dimension.
I wonder if this is the Drew Pearce script reworked into a tv series.

In an EW interview from a couple of months ago Reitman described it as "the futuristic one, with various teams of Ghostbusters. Let's see what happens with that"

He further mentioned an animated feature movie and a still-to-be-announced live action movie.

My guess? Franchises. They probably want to set up multiple franchises, which takes time seeing as its set in 2050, all over the world so they can focus in different dynamics, teams working together on bigger busts, use history from different parts of the world and create spinofs on the teams that stand out to the fans. With the 4 mature guys you are limited to America with a trip to another country or so, but with this you can really go a lot of ways.
I still want to see the originals do some busting through. Will Extreme GB be canon though?
I have... a strong.... physic... belief.. that... the ..

New Ghostbusters Animation will have a female Slimer.

I am actually very excited for this! Something my 5 year old and I can watch!
Man, "Ecto Force" just sounds cool and Saturday morning cartoony. Love it. Can't wait to see the new equipment and characters!
philmorgan81 wrote:since Ivan is steering the ship at Ghost Corps like Ben said I am sure there will be huge references that will compliment both universes in some way.
Setting it in the far future gives them a really clever way of obliquely referencing both the OGB and GB16 without specifically tying the new series to either. I kinda hope they leave the direct lineage unspoken and fans new and old can pick their own head canon.

Re: new teams, I kind of like seeing completely different characters take up the mantle of Ghostbuster. Don't get me wrong, Egon, Peter, Ray, and Winston will always be my "favorite" crew, but they've also had two movies, 150+ cartoon episodes and a myriad of comic issues (the best of which is still going strong) fleshing out their story and I think it's fun to see how a set of completely different folks handle Ghostbusting. Also, history has proven that there are a very, very small subset of people who can accurately write the original four with the same voice they had in the films.
Kingpin, *NormalGamer* liked this
Wasn't someone trying to push a Ghostbusters 2020 cartoon or something like that after EXGB? They had some pretty cool clips of a futuristic flying Ecto. If anyone ever saved some stuff from that it would be cool to see it posted again. I regrettably wasn't able to save anything while that site was up.
I'm looking forward to just having a fun cartoon. They should give the project to Dreamworks with how awesome Voltron turned out.
Alphagaia wrote:

My guess? Franchises. They probably want to set up multiple franchises, which takes time seeing as its set in 2050, all over the world so they can focus in different dynamics, teams working together on bigger busts, use history from different parts of the world and create spinofs on the teams that stand out to the fans. With the 4 mature guys you are limited to America with a trip to another country or so, but with this you can really go a lot of ways.
I still want to see the originals do some busting through. Will Extreme GB be canon though?
It doesn't take that much time to set up franchises. Look at what IDW has done. They've got the rookie in Chicago teamed up with whomever else. Is it Ron? I can't remember if Ron and his ladies are elsewhere.

I just don't want this cartoon to get weird as f**k because it's set in the future. I like the traditional gear, uniforms and car. Of course, they're going to introduce new equipment at some point, but it isn't necessary to deviate too far from the original. I don't want to see an ECTO-Delorean.

As far as franchises, they should keep the OGB in New York and feature them in some episodes while possibly focusing on one or two other franchises in different areas. Frankly, I'd rather see an international angle, like IDW, rather than just different cities in the US.

It's not even necessary to reference the time period. I love what Batman: The Animated Series did. It looks like a film noir set in the 40's, but incorporated modern technology. It's a fictional world anyway - I don't think they ever said what year on Planet Earth it was set in.
timeware wrote:Wasn't someone trying to push a Ghostbusters 2020 cartoon or something like that after EXGB? They had some pretty cool clips of a futuristic flying Ecto. If anyone ever saved some stuff from that it would be cool to see it posted again. I regrettably wasn't able to save anything while that site was up.
I'm looking forward to just having a fun cartoon. They should give the project to Dreamworks with how awesome Voltron turned out.
It was Ghostbusters 2120. It had the logo with a yellow circle with black stripes. That was also the gbprops.com logo :)

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]