For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
Greetings,

I have a vivid memory of an episode of The Real Ghostbusters I watched as a youngster where the gang acquires a special proton pack-type weapon that can trap especially large monsters. The only problem is that if it becomes overloaded, time freezes. I believe Egon is the one wielding it, and if I remember correctly they are in some kind of alternate universe. Can anyone help?
I don't recognise it which means it's probably one of the later series.

This one fit the bill?
Egon gave Ray a new piece of equipment, a combination mini-Proton Thrower and Ghost Trap called the Sub Compact Ectoplasmic Tesseract or SCEP-TECH for short. Egon offered Slimer a pizza with extra pepperoni and demonstrated the device on him. Once Slimer was confined and sucked in, Egon released him. He warned Ray the SCEP-TECH was only good for a few short bursts. If overloaded, it would freeze everything in sight.
https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Th ... rra_Tamale
That doesn't sound like any episode I recall, though it could be an amalgam of several. The five episodes that deal with time distortions in one fashion or another are:

Play Them Ragtime Boos
When Halloween was Forever
X-Mas Marks the Spot
Three Men and an Egon
It's About Time

None are really set in alternate universes, Flip Side was largely the only episode of the show's whole run to use that plot concept. Play Them Ragtime Boos has a Pack overload, but it doesn't freeze time, it just leaves a massive crater in the ground.

Time slows down in When Halloween was Forever, and has Egon messing about with a Pack, but he's doing that to power some spotlights.

Could it possible be a show like The Real Ghostbusters, but not Ghostbusters that you might be recalling?
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 5th, 2021, 6:37 am I don't recognise it which means it's probably one of the later series.

This one fit the bill?
Egon gave Ray a new piece of equipment, a combination mini-Proton Thrower and Ghost Trap called the Sub Compact Ectoplasmic Tesseract or SCEP-TECH for short. Egon offered Slimer a pizza with extra pepperoni and demonstrated the device on him. Once Slimer was confined and sucked in, Egon released him. He warned Ray the SCEP-TECH was only good for a few short bursts. If overloaded, it would freeze everything in sight.
https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Th ... rra_Tamale
Ding ding, that's the one! Thanks for the help. Very cool to see something I remembered from almost 30 years ago again.
Kingpin liked this

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]