Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
By ShadesMcPherson
Wow. Three things to say.

1. This is flipping amazing. Thank you so much for doing this. I got 2D After Effects beams down but never could get a handle on bringing it 3D.

2. Shouldn't this thread be titled "Houdini Proton Streams Tutorial?"

3. Why do all the replies have the same title as my After Effects tutorial!?

Again... jawdropping work. I am so excited to get to try this out at some point soon. You're the man. I feel like this is going to be the staple in Fan Films soon enough.
By GB Jer
This is a great tutorial. However I am having an issue with after effects. I set the project settings as indicated and then when I import the .tif sequence I get an error message

after effects: aegp plugin tiffio: error reading tiff data ( 5027 :: 12)

Are there any solutions for this?
By Chris Weitzel
I wonder if anyone has done this in Blender. After Effects is outside of my budget. :D

Although, GIMP could be used for animation in theory.
GB Jer wrote: January 15th, 2013, 2:11 pm This is a great tutorial. However I am having an issue with after effects. I set the project settings as indicated and then when I import the .tif sequence I get an error message

after effects: aegp plugin tiffio: error reading tiff data ( 5027 :: 12)

Are there any solutions for this?
The error, for whatever reason, is because its a TIF sequence. ( I dunno exactly what the cause is/was, but I was getting it myself.) I found a work around. I changed all image planes and the output picture to render as PNG. In case anyone else comes strolling through with a similar problem, I will say that I started off with several other issues that NO ONE on the net seemed to have experienced, which I caused me to have to solve it myself with process of elimination.

My first problem was with my mantra, when I would render out my different planes my burst and plasma would export fine, but for whatever reason no matter what I told my mantra to do on render, the stream would export the fully colored path instead of giving me my greyscale like the other two. I fixed this by reverting my output picture from the file name/path to $HIP/render/$HIPNAME.$OS.$F3.png. Then it rendered all 4 out as it was suppose to. (the 4th is the combination of them all which is trash for compositing.) Hope this helps anyone that comes along.
Has anyone tried animating the spline you've set the plug in to follow? Whenever I've tried to do it, it's crashed my houdini immediately. Wondering if that's just a side effect of the plug in, or if I'm doing something wrong because I'd love to have the spline dynamic instead of just having the beam follow a static line.

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]