Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
This was a long time coming. Sorry it took so long.

Here is the video of how I have my pack sound and lights hooked up. Hope this helps a little

(Two things to note. 1. I am NOT hooking up the thrower yet. 2. Kris had mentioned that the switch was accidentally made backwards, so that's how I had to hook it up. So, if you follow one of the above diagrams and it still doesn't have sound, watch the video and give this a try.)

click image to play!
I just finished installing the full light and sound kit and only have one problem. Several other people have posted this question but i haven't seen a clear solution for it. When I press the fire button the barrel lights turn on but there's no sound, when I release the button, the lights turn off and the fire sound starts and stays on. Has this been figured out? If so could some one please post up how they fixed it.

I figured it out today, if you switch the 2 out side wires of the 3 wires that go from "sound out" on the gun board that go to the sound board it will fix this issue.
Question for everyone. Which switch would activate the start up sound?

I'm also having an issue with my music switch, it seems to be shorting out due to the switch's wiring heat shrink bring cut off too short and allowing wires to cross. Could this be causing my start up problem? Literally every other sound works.
Hi. Please can anyone help me.

Main Switch. Turn On I have LEDs on, power on sound and Hum.

Main Switch. Turn Off I have LEDs Off, NO power of sound and hum. So it's not powering down hum and playing power down sample.

Q1. Can anyone tell me how I get:- Power Down Sound and No Hum when I switch off?

I depress and hold fire switch and get Constant flashing barrel Lights and power down sound. When I release Fire Switch:- barrel Lights stop flashing and firing gun sounds.

Q2. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

The pictures on the gbfans website are on old boards. I have used JC Arkham diagrams. I have spare yellow wires on both large switches (Main/Vent). Do I have to put more wires in?

Both large switches are not marked up. So I have presumed it doesn't matter which one you use for Main or Vent switch?

Thanks

Simon :-)
** SOLVED **

I swapped the two outer on the sound from the gun board.

Wohohohooo

update:

So I have substituted the Green wire on both the Vent and Main Switch for the Yellow wire. It now powers down with sound.

The fire switch which you cant change or get wrong isn't working.

I depress and hold fire switch and get Constant flashing barrel Lights and power down sound. When I release Fire Switch:- barrel Lights stop flashing and firing gun sounds.

Q2. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Simon :-)
Ok, here's where I'm at on my kit....

All of the lights are working, but I still have no sound for anything, and the main switch shuts off all the lights on the thrower, but not the ones on the pack. The pack lights continue to stay on, as long as the battery is supplying power. Any ideas? If needed, I can supply pictures.

UPDATE:I'm fairly certain the soundboard is fried, as I tried hooking that up separately, and get no sound from any port. Unhooking it from the rest of the kit made the lights turn off and on properlh, so that may have been my problem.
otakujester wrote:Ok, here's where I'm at on my kit....

All of the lights are working, but I still have no sound for anything, and the main switch shuts off all the lights on the thrower, but not the ones on the pack. The pack lights continue to stay on, as long as the battery is supplying power. Any ideas? If needed, I can supply pictures.

UPDATE:I'm fairly certain the soundboard is fried, as I tried hooking that up separately, and get no sound from any port. Unhooking it from the rest of the kit made the lights turn off and on properlh, so that may have been my problem.

Hi. Post pictures.

All the above diagrams and crix's diagrams are obsolete. They kit has been upgraded without new diagrams.

Si
Hi guys

I have wired up my heavy props sound, wand and light kit. When I press fire button down it resets background humm sound and when I release the button it starts making the proton stream sound but doesn't stop until I flick the vent switch on and off which makes the vent and returns to the background humm. How can I make the proton steam noise work when I press the button and stop when I release?
otakujester wrote:Ok, here's where I'm at on my kit....

I have hooked up the soundboard up by itsself, and tested it per advice from here, and it's not putting out any sound, but like I said, the lights work perfectly, so at least I have that!
I have managed to get mine to work but I'm not near my project atm. I believe the power wires coming from the light circuit suppling power to the gun circuit were the wrong way around. When I'm near my project again I'll take a pic.
Crix, any chance you can post a wiring tutorial for the slime blower sound kit? I need to finish this thing.......eventually.
picasso007 wrote:
Raktageno wrote:Update. Still no pack lights. https://vimeo.com/155311777
The big bulb youre using for the fire effect is actually the VENT light
the firing lights are two small LEDS one red and one blue I believe
Thanks! I can move those around easily. My only problem is the pack board. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and get zero feedback from Crix.
I believe i have the trigger and 2 leds hooked up right but when i hit the trigger only 1 of the led turns on and does not strobe and the other does nothing. Ive exchanged the 2 leds and both work. Could the trigger button be bad?
Raktageno wrote:
picasso007 wrote: ... and get zero feedback from Crix.
Same for me .... ordered a sound kit 1,5 months ago ... no reply since that; don't even know if my payment arrived ... what's going on there??
Raktageno wrote:
picasso007 wrote: ... and get zero feedback from Crix.
Same for me .... ordered a sound kit 1,5 months ago ... no reply since that; don't even know if my payment arrived ... what's going on there??
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Is there a way to orient the power cell LEDs so that they're inline with the light board on its edge, so that it can be inserted into the power cell making the light board perpendicular to the motherboard (instead of parallel)?

Here's what I'm talking about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131404350380

Thanks,
Bill

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]