Post pictures up of your Props, or a link to your prop gallery on Ghostbusters Fans.
By Ken
This October I attempted my first ever prop builds, creating several pieces of Ghostbusters equipment including neutrino wands (classic and reboot) and a proton pack. If interested in checking them out, I posted some pics here at http://www.absoluteanime.com/admin/gall ... /index.htm.

Overall they turned out well but the main issue I had was with the spraypaint coming off some of the plastic pieces such as the DollarTree's plasic laser sword handle (neutrino wand handle) and microwave cover (cyclotron). For one of the laser sword handles I just used spraypaint with primer built in and for the others I first used a universal primer that supposedly made for PVC. Neither way stopped the paint from flaking off. I probably should have sanded the clear plastic microwave cover first but the laser sword handle is too difficult to sand. Is there any product out there that I can rub or spray on glossy plastic material that will enable it to accept spray paint?

By mriggins
Paint didn't stick, that's all there is to it. Gotta sand or roughen up the pieces. From there use primer only, very light coats, 2 or 3 coats and let it dry in between them. From there, paint, very light coats and again let dry in between.

Paint, glues, etc need a porous rough service for things to "bite" into them. If sanding it's an option, you could use a chemical solution to probably roughen it up but I don't know what to use as certain things could end up eating it away. I understand there are lots of areas where it would be rough to sand, but some things just take time and patience. A sandblaster would be ideal but may be too powerful and it'd blast the plastic apart. You could also use a dremel on low speed with a few different bits/grinding wheels to lightly stand the hard spots.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]