For those crazy guys in Europe.. Great Britian, United Kingdom, England... etc.
By Ant
Hi

I live in the UK and have just registered to ths site so this is new to me. I have a proton pack which my dad and I finished building just over a year ago. I bought a light kit from exoray which work fantastic but would like to add some proton pack sounds to give the pack more of an effect when I switch on.

Has anyone done this? or any ideas how to do this?

Thanks
Ant
By Geordi
All depends on how much you want to spend

hyperdynes to a kit that's expensive, exoray is working on v2 or his, I'm trying to make my own, or use a mp3 player

got any pix of your pack?
By Ant
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I think exoray was doing a sound kit to go with his light kit (Which is what I have in mine) and I think his sound kit was supposed to plug into the circuit board of the lights (if I got that right) I dont know how much they cost though. I have got an mp3 player and I downloaded some sounds onto it.

I shall take some photos of my pack and post them on here. (if I can work out how to do it as I am new here).
By Goosebuster
Hi Ant,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm in the U.K and have an Exoray light and sound kit.

The sound kit is pretty awesome. The only trouble is the extra weight added by an 8 pack of D batteries and the speaker.

Also if you have the delux gun kit you'll need to unplug the vibration module to make the sound kit run properly.

Nothing beats the roar when you flick it on though 8)

Have a look at the video on my profile.

Goose.
By Ant
Thanks for your reply

How much did exoray's sound kit cost? I'm not sure how I would fit another 8 pack of D batteries would fit as the space is quite tight now with the 2 battery packs for the gun and pack. Was it worth the money?
By tk7209
Ant wrote:Thanks for your reply

How much did exoray's sound kit cost? I'm not sure how I would fit another 8 pack of D batteries would fit as the space is quite tight now with the 2 battery packs for the gun and pack. Was it worth the money?

You don't have to have a seperate battery pack runing each kit. I have one 4300Mah recharable battery pack in mine that runs both the gun and pack light kits and will also run the sound kit when I get it. Just make sure it's 12v.
By Goosebuster
tk7209 wrote:
Ant wrote:Thanks for your reply

You don't have to have a seperate battery pack runing each kit. I have one 4300Mah recharable battery pack in mine that runs both the gun and pack light kits and will also run the sound kit when I get it. Just make sure it's 12v.
I bought mine off a member on here that didn't want theirs any more for a hundred and odd pounds.

Hey tk where abouts does one get one of those 12v batteries? ;)
By Ant
Hi tk

That sounds a great idea having it all run from one battery pack I think I will do the same with mine, but how do you wire it up, and what connector did you get on your battery pack. I saw the website you mentioned and saw the battery you have but it has a choice of 2 connectors (Tamiya or Deans) which is yours?

One other thing, are you getting your sound kit from exoray? I would love to get some sound on my pack.

Ant
By tk7209
Ant wrote:Hi tk

That sounds a great idea having it all run from one battery pack I think I will do the same with mine, but how do you wire it up, and what connector did you get on your battery pack. I saw the website you mentioned and saw the battery you have but it has a choice of 2 connectors (Tamiya or Deans) which is yours?

One other thing, are you getting your sound kit from exoray? I would love to get some sound on my pack.

Ant
The battery pack comes with a large female tamiya connector so you would need a large male tamiya connector with 140mm lead to match which you can also buy from the store.

This is how I have mine wired up. Circuit 3 will be the sound kit eventually. The recharge port and the master on/off swtich are on my motherboard and both are accessible from the pack exterior:

Yep going to get Exoray's sound kit when it becomes available :)
By tk7209
shodanmark wrote:There's a cheaper alternative being developed right now which I'll be getting once everything's sorted http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=14572
That's good to know. if someone did offer an alternative to Exroay's sound kit I'd snap it up in an instant. just because I've been waiting for the sound kit to appear for well over a year now.
By chaslee
The best and easiest way I have found to add sound to my proton pack is by using a simple wireless Bluetooth speaker and downloading the proton pack sound effects app on iTunes App Store. This way all I do is play the sound from iphone and the sound comes from my proton pack. Look up proton pack sound effects if you have an iphone. Hope this helps.

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]