For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
I've been playing on switch , TV with pro pad. So far it looks good and plays great I'm up to the library. It's been ages since I played so I forgot stuff like I was looking around fire house at all Easter eggs I could find or clicking painting or hearing the phone calls or answering machine lol

Only issue I have on the switch it might have been in the PS3 version lets not forget , we all have nostalgia goggles for it lol , but sometimes when they talk it doesn't match the mouth movement , and that bugs me lol

But I'm having a blast on it. So happy I beat legend of Zelda link's awakening 3 days ago so all my gaming time can be focused on this lol
The twitter account for this game just revealed you can unlock the GB2 flight suit by finishing the game on Normal and the Gold Proton pack by finishing it on Difficult. These two items were pre-order DLC when the game originally released back in '09, so its pretty great they managed to find a way to put them in the remaster.
WorldofthePsychic wrote: October 4th, 2019, 4:40 pm Anyone else have no audio on the intro logo credits? I don't have audio until the 'press X to start' screen. This is for PS4 by the way.
No logo audio on Switch either. Have no idea why that’s the case.
There's lots of little annoying quirks left, that any decent company would have fixed, I think.

They changed the Ecto-1 model to change the grill and Cadillac logo (Eh, it happens), and as a result, they re-did a few shots in the cutscenes with the new model. The new shots are much clearer and better looking... so if they could re-"record" some of the shots for the cutscenes, why not re-record them all? The reused ones look terrible. The nicer CG cutscenes are a different story, but those ones using the in-game assets are really bad looking.

I appreciate the tag for Harold, but it's a stock font awkwardly crammed between cutscenes. I would have put in up before the Columbia logo in a nicer, understated font. The way they did it reeks of slapdash laziness.

The GB2 flightsuit being a post-game unlockable is friggin rad... but the shoulder logo is glitched and has a GB1 logo over the top of it. They REALLY couldn't have fixed that??

The game definitely looks LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than my old PS3 version (the worst looking of the original releases), but otherwise, it doesn't look much better than the others. I expected as much from the people involved. I'm definitely happy to have a better version, but I wish those 1-2 nitpicks had been fixed. I dont think any of those were too much to expect. I really hope more stuff for it is coming... but based on some of the things I've seen, I won't hold my breath.
DocLathropBrown wrote: October 5th, 2019, 12:18 pmI appreciate the tag for Harold, but it's a stock font awkwardly crammed between cutscenes. I would have put in up before the Columbia logo in a nicer, understated font. The way they did it reeks of slapdash laziness.
That one really bugs me, I appreciate they went to the effort to feature a memorial card for Harold, but they didn't do anything to make it match the the fonts used in the opening titles. I can forgive the-

GHØST
BUSTERS

-Not being the correct font, I'm less forgiving of this, which ultimately kinda embodies the core message of the remaster of the video game: the heart's in the right place, but it's the barest minimum effort possible.
NSGhostbusters liked this
Kingpin wrote: October 5th, 2019, 1:34 pm
DocLathropBrown wrote: October 5th, 2019, 12:18 pmI appreciate the tag for Harold, but it's a stock font awkwardly crammed between cutscenes. I would have put in up before the Columbia logo in a nicer, understated font. The way they did it reeks of slapdash laziness.
That one really bugs me, I appreciate they went to the effort to feature a memorial card for Harold, but they didn't do anything to make it match the the fonts used in the opening titles. I can forgive the-

GHØST
BUSTERS

-Not being the correct font, I'm less forgiving of this, which ultimately kinda embodies the core message of the remaster of the video game: the heart's in the right place, but it's the barest minimum effort possible.
Barest minimum effort possible. AKA The Sony way.

I swear to god if this franchise had been with any other company...
"Hey we randomly found some new deleted scenes that fans have wanted for YEARS, what should we do? Upload it to the Internet for free? OR release ANOTHER Blu Ray set, at a ridiculous price, and include that GB2 commentary we recorded years ago. Oh and make sure this 6th Blu-Ray set has the logo all proper and looking like it should've. Throw in some other crap. But We'll hold back those Ghostbusters 2 deleted scenes fans have wanted for YEARS for the 33rd anniversary"
Kingpin, NSGhostbusters liked this
RichardLess wrote: October 5th, 2019, 2:05 pm
Kingpin wrote: October 5th, 2019, 1:34 pm

GHØST
BUSTERS

Barest minimum effort possible. AKA The Sony way.

I swear to god if this franchise had been with any other company...
"Hey we randomly found some new deleted scenes that fans have wanted for YEARS, what should we do? Upload it to the Internet for free? OR release ANOTHER Blu Ray set, at a ridiculous price, and include that GB2 commentary we recorded years ago. Oh and make sure this 6th Blu-Ray set has the logo all proper and looking like it should've. Throw in some other crap. But We'll hold back those Ghostbusters 2 deleted scenes fans have wanted for YEARS for the 33rd anniversary"
To be fair. Terminal Reality shut down in 2013. So the ones doing remaster weren't the same team. They were selling it for £25

Had it been a £50 release then yes absolutely improve it and tweak. But £25 they might not make money back on it for all the extra work they'd have to do.

It looks great and sounds great (besides word not matching well for couple times) it's great I love playing it still.

My ultimate dream is they have the rights to engine so were using this as a test. Like same engine for tie in movie game with new film. I'd love a sequel to this and they don't need all the orginals back just say they are working on franchises in other cities. It could be great. But that's just dream lol
No gyroscopic control?! RIOT!!!

After sinking 237 hours into Breath of the Wild, then popping in this game and having to wrestle with clunky analog stick aiming. Got damn!

And the uncanny valley runs deep here...holy shit the dead eyes, plastic skin and unnatural gestures are more frightening than the ghosts!

I know it's a ten year old game, and it's still fun for what it's worth, but I wish they had taken more care to update it to modern standards.

I'm really hoping for a future game that combines the action of this game with the concept of the NES version. Start a franchise, answer calls, upgrade your equipment, and take on a demi-god. Online. If done right, it could really bust some heads!
Been playing this on XBOX and been loving it even with the few new quirks that have cropped up. After this, I'll go through it on PS4 then Switch. Yes, I triple dipped. Why? Switch for GB on the go and the other systems because once multiplayer drops, I have friends who play on different systems... it's all logical!

Speaking of multiplayer, was a time frame ever mentioned? This year? First quarter next year?
zeta otaku wrote:Been playing this on XBOX and been loving it even with the few new quirks that have cropped up. After this, I'll go through it on PS4 then Switch. Yes, I triple dipped. Why? Switch for GB on the go and the other systems because once multiplayer drops, I have friends who play on different systems... it's all logical!

Speaking of multiplayer, was a time frame ever mentioned? This year? First quarter next year?
I e-mailed Sabre (and they replied within a couple of hours, which was nice). Seems there's nothing to announce about multiplayer. They're probably putting some time aside for bug fixing before they dive into coding it.

I've also asked about the AI because I'm sure the NPCs didn't fall over this much in the original version.
My entire life has been reduced to howling in anguish at some digital stone angels just to get a gold proton pack I don’t really want. What a time to be alive!

EDIT: I DID IT! But now the flightsuit and proton pack don’t appear, even when switched on! I give up!
Update. Check out this hot scoop:
In a GamesBeat interview with Saber VP of business development Matt McKnight, we learn that a completely separate company was the one who created the online multiplayer code, and that was based on an unfinished version of the game. After a bit more legwork, Saber found 6 different copies of that multiplayer code, and they had no idea which one made its way into the final version of the game back in 2009. This is why Saber decided to ship the remaster sans multiplayer.
As of right now, Saber still hasn't fully closed the door on adding in that muliplayer content. While it sounds like the modes most likely return, Saber has said they're currently evaluation the situation.

Source: https://gonintendo.com/stories/346452-s ... ame-remast

So there you go. The situation is currently evaluation. [sic]

Second update: Full interview, which has better spelling and a touch more detail.

https://dolcify.com/blog/index.php/2019 ... eneration/
I dunno guys. Just popped my old GB game disc into my dusty 360 yesterday, played through a little on my 4K Samsung then headed over to my buds place to try out the remastered game... not a massive difference outside of sharpness and improved audio quality (nothing that cant be achieved with a half decent gaming monitor and headphones).
I think I'll pass on the new & Improved version unless theres new multi-player levels completely blow my mind. :whatever:
I have now played it through nearly twice now. Getting close to the professional stone angels (groan!). I played my PS3 version last week just before release so I had the graphics fresh in my mind for comparison. PS3 has a slight overlay of pixelated-ness and that is GONE in the remaster.

This remaster looks MUCH improved! At a base level, that’s all this remaster was meant for, looking better and reissued for current game systems. Aside from a handful of slight changes, like ECTO 1 front grill, it looks and feels fantastic. The original video scenes look great and in-game cutscenes are spotty in places but still look fine.
The controls and frame rate are smooth as butter and I love it!!

Soon I shall finally have that gold proton pack....

Bottom line is every fan needs to pick up this game because we love Ghostbusters! The new developers and publishers have done good work bringing this game back from the dead and searching for all needed assets. They have stated they are working on multiplayer but it’s still kind of up in the air. If anything, we need to support this game because multiplayer and any potential DLC extras may hang in the balance based on sales numbers! They are definitely interested in doing more for this game it’s just a tricky question of how much more money they have to sink into development.
A patch is now up on the Epic Games store.
https://twitter.com/PlayGBremaster/stat ... 0154033152
https://www.facebook.com/PlayGhostbuste ... 8049034573
post wrote:1. Black screen observed during the game 2. Scroll locking in the menu of controls while in the game. 3. Softlock occurring after pressing Alt+F4 4. Game crashing during launching 5. Skip button malfunctioning 6. Video and sound sync issues on computers with OS Windows 8/8.1 7. Game failing to launch 8. Background video on extras menu lag
Ectojeff88 wrote:They are definitely interested in doing more for this game it’s just a tricky question of how much more money they have to sink into development.
Yup and at Fan Fest they said they're really interested in making sequel video games. So if anything, if they release a multi-player for the Remaster, that would effectively be them testing the waters and our way of seeing what they can do.
As previously mentioned I’ve finished GB:TVG:2009 five times ish (maybe 4.7 times). Like a defiant dog, I only ever used the proton stream.

Today was the first time I discovered the stasis gun freezes book skeletons in like two seconds. That’s going to make such a difference!!!
One time liked this
WorldofthePsychic wrote: October 12th, 2019, 10:22 am Someone mentioned the gray flight suit not working when switched on. I'm having that problem too.
It was me! It doesn’t appear until you get to the Sedgewick, for some reason!
I can't believe they made no adjustments to the weak NPC AI. You get knocked down and your teammates still run around like idiots instead of helping you. And it's a bummer to see they didn't make any changes to the unbalanced difficulty in the Azetlor, Sedgewick Kitchen, and stone angel battles.
Wafflerobot liked this
GB II suit and gold proton pack seem to not appear in the firehouse tutorial section but do activate once you’re at the hotel to catch Slimer.

Man, getting past the stone angels was NOT easy on Professional, it wasn’t easy 10 years ago either. Took me about 6 tries and I finally did it!!
robbritton liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote:Man, getting past the stone angels was NOT easy on Professional, it wasn’t easy 10 years ago either. Took me about 6 tries and I finally did it!!
I'm curious, what did you use? I think the GBs tell you to use Slime Tether on the angels but I ignored that and used Capture Stream and slam. Or was it the other way around? I know for sure I used Capture Stream.

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]