For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By BatDan
If the powers that be were to make a retro collection to release, which games would you like to see on it?
For me:
Ghostbusters on c64
The Real Ghostbusters (arcade game)
Ghostbusters 2 on NES
Ghostbusters 2 on Gameboy (i like it better than New GB2..because the powerups enhances the gameplay)
Ghostbusters on Sega Genesis
Extreme Ghostbusters on Gameboy Color
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
I'd probably swap the c64 for the Sega masters version. Would probably like to add the Ghostbusters 2 pc games.

I definitely prefer the Gameboy game over either of the GB2 nes games. Better mechanics. There also a hack that turns the nes New GB2 into two player game. That would be cool to add.

The same game on each consoles is different enough , it's worth at least one play through. I'd throw everything in there pre 2000s
BatDan liked this
By BatDan
Much better mechanics on Gb2 gameboy vs NewGb2.

I dont get the hype over new gb2 (there is said it). Its in color and it has 8-bit cuts of We’re back and Flip City which is awesome, but the gameplay is redundant.

A 2 player feature plus the powerups from gameboy version would elevate it.

But yeah, everything pre-2000s would be great.

Activision make it happen. If it can happen for Shell Heads it can happen for Ghost heads.
BatDan wrote: November 12th, 2022, 9:49 am I dont get the hype over new gb2 (there is said it). Its in color and it has 8-bit cuts of We’re back and Flip City which is awesome, but the gameplay is redundant.
Speaking personally, the hype comes from the fact that the game was never released in North America. The only NES Ghostbusters II game we got was the one from Activision, which was awful. Even as a kid, I was very disappointed when that game came out.

Discovering New Ghostbusters II years later was a revelation; a good tie-in game that North America was cheated out of. I'd have been elated to play that version back in the day, but I never got the chance until I was an adult.
BatDan liked this
By BatDan
Yeah true true. The rarity factor makes it special.

I think we can all agree though including Real Ghostbusters on gameboy in the collection is a total no. What a waste. Literally just a sprite swap.
By Rookie99
Maybe a hot take, but I'm not sure if there are enough games for a collection. If it's just "good" games, then it's a small set, and if it's all games, then theres a lot of filler. Instead of a Cowabunga Collection, I'm more interested in a Shredders Revenge for Ghostbusters.
BatDan liked this
By Kieron W
As much as I would like to see it be made, honestly? I'd rather not have another "legacy selection" of games like previous titles i.e. Mega Man, Contra, Castlevania, Disney and TMNT etc. I wouldn't mind them re-releasing the games as digital downloads on say STEAM or PS4/PS5/Xbox/Switch for cheap.

Problem with a "Cowabunga" collection or "Slimed collection", is that you have too many of the same game on different console platforms i.e.
Ghostbusters - NES, Atari 2600, Master System, ZX Spectrum, C64, MSX and Apple II consoles.

I think it would be too much of a filler as @BatDan said.
By ccv66
I'm a big fan of TMNT, but beat em ups haven't aged well. Most of the cowabunga games are great, just really repetitive. Definitely can get boring after awhile. There is some fillers in the cowabunga collection too, but on a whole, the TMNT game collection is better. I'd make the argument that the Ghostbusters games have a better
Variety.

Sega masters Ghostbusters
Sega Genesis Ghostbusters
The real Ghostbusters arcade
NES Ghostbusters 2
New Ghostbusters 2,
PC Ghostbusters 2
Ghostbusters 2 game boy
Gameboy advance Extreme Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters the video: remastered, wii co-op, Nintendo DS

Ghostbusters 2016 / sanctum of slime, can be fun. They just get boring really quickly
By BatDan
Rookie99 wrote: November 26th, 2022, 3:57 pm Maybe a hot take, but I'm not sure if there are enough games for a collection. If it's just "good" games, then it's a small set, and if it's all games, then theres a lot of filler. Instead of a Cowabunga Collection, I'm more interested in a Shredders Revenge for Ghostbusters.
Not a hot take at all. It will more than likely never happen mostly for the repetition in all the port versions. But its a fun “what if”

However the Castlevania classics only has 7 games on it.

An RGB take on “Shredders Revenge” would be friggin great. 16 bit co-op is sorely missing in the GB game selection.

Ccv6..thats why my fav TMNT game is the very first NES one in its frustrating underwater stage glory. There was variety in the gameplay, switching from the top down/driving to the sidescrolling was a good mix.

Beat em ups never “stayed” with me throughout the years. Fighting games and Beat Em Ups were definitely the cliche of 90s gaming ports..
ccv66 liked this
By joezlo
Nobody ever believes me that I beat TMNT 1 on NES one time in my life. (Until I finish the underwater level with all 4 turtles and 15-30 secs to spare in front of them)

There just aren't enough good GB games in the mainstream to merit a collection like Cowabunga.
Every TMNT Beat 'Em Up sold like hot cakes. The inclusion of the Gameboy & Fighters is icing on the cake that make it a whole package.
Also - each of these game focus on an 80's TMNT. There is no 2000's TMNT games - which were just as good and had the actual voice cast from that series & was closer to the OG comics.

So the idea of including XGB, Sanct Slime, 2016 VG, is all over the place; there just wasn't enough consistency in GB video games. (As well as the fact that every game in the TMNT collection doesn't go above 16-bit)

I'd rather have a physical copy of New GB2, and the homebrew RGB game those guys in Italy are working on which seems very Metal Slug in its concept.

Heck - where are our programmers on here so we can go full Chrono Trigger Crimson Tides and make our own game?
By BatDan
Id agree but they made a Jurassic Park collection, that includes 3 versions of the same game. Furthernote..i dont remember those games setting the world on fire either.

If Jurassic Park is possible, a GB collection doesnt seem as far fetched.

I dunno, i think it can work.

The idea of playing RGB Arcade with a 3 player feature with my friends on my TV just sounds like so much fun.

If you throw in the 2 sega games, 2 NES games, and the GB2 gameboy game, you have a pretty solid collection with the only port duplicates being GB1 for Master System and NES and those 2 are so different its almost non comparable.
Funnily enough both the TMNT Cowabunga Collection and the recent Jurassic Park game collection got me thinking about what a Ghostbusters video game compilation would be like. Here is my list of games that I would include:
Ghostbusters For the Sega Master System
The Real Ghostbusters Arcade game
New Ghostbusters 2
Ghostbusters 2 for the Gameboy
Ghostbusters 1990 game for Sega Genesis
Extreme Ghostbusters For the Gameboy Advance
Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Wii/ PlayStation 2 version)
BatDan liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]