For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
Yea, but it allows for a ton of replay and just general play. Once you beat the game, its a whole new part of the game to explore that can never really get old. Thats where the game is. Plus, that’s the only way you can play as one of the 4 guys. Most any other game I have played that had multi player/mini games had the option of playing solo against/with the AI. Multi-player usually only meant co-op capable for a lot of it. Parts of it, sure, make it so you can only go Live or with a friend like a VS mode, but ALL options, its like a whole other big game you cant even play.
So if you have the PS3 version, the only way you can play with a friend is over the PSN? Two people cant be in the same room playing together?

I think it would be pretty cool if they made a Ghostbusters game in the huge, open-world, free-roam style of Grand Theft Auto. Going around New York City busting ghosts with multiple storylines that progress when YOU want them to, ect. Of course Im completely happy with what we're getting now. I just wish I didnt have to also buy the PS2 version (to be played in my PS3) just so I can have friends play with me in my own living room. But hey, Amazon is selling the PS2 version for only $20 so its not that bad :cool:
I am not at all familiar with the PS3's network multiplayer capacity, but if it's anything like the 360s then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do local multiplayer. I don't think I read anything in the article that said it was network only.

But I really liked that GTA-style idea, Crowbar. I could see that working quite monumentally. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to be graced with a follow-up game? Studios do like to milk the cash cow nowadays, and I could easily see any number of storylines working for a game like that. The thing about those types of games is that you still can get a solid story, but the game play lasts a really long time so you get more bang for your buck.

Damn you. You just got me all excited thinking about it. =)
Ryusui wrote:I am not at all familiar with the PS3's network multiplayer capacity, but if it's anything like the 360s then I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do local multiplayer. I don't think I read anything in the article that said it was network only.
Actually network multiplayer capability has very little (if anything) to do with local multiplayer. Just because a game has one that does not mean it will have both. The Wii version of the GB game is the perfect example. It replaces the ability to play online over a network (PSN or XBL) with the ability to do two-player split screen local co-op. I believe there may also be some kind of 4-player local split screen VS mode.

I don't recall reading anything stating it was strictly network multiplayer either, but we will have to see. I'll be happy if they include some kind of split screen or system link multiplayer option.
DaveFrehley wrote:Actually network multiplayer capability has very little (if anything) to do with local multiplayer. Just because a game has one that does not mean it will have both.
Sorry Dave, I kind of over generalized in my post.
That's actually what I (poorly) attempted to say. The next gens won't have "campaign" multiplayer, and what I meant was that I don't know if the PS3 can do multiplayer on local only, or if it requires you to be on a network game. Hopefully that made more sense! =)
You'd think in the definitive Ghostbusters video game that they would make driving the Ecto possible... I mean what the hell are we supposed to do, spend 5 hours running around doing the same thing of busting ghosts and watching cut scenes of OTHER people driving Ecto? Yawn...

Remember how in GB1 a central theme was that eventually they grew tired of busting and the novelty wore off? It actually became a chore after starting out so strongly... Sounds like this video game...
Hey now. This isn't Grand Theft Ecto.

Although I think that would be a pretty awesome game, kinda like a Retro Activision Ghostbusters. You drive around until you see a Ghost.. get out and bust it. Other times you head to the firehouse and get a mission, or Janine radios you about a haunting.

Maybe the next video game....
stayinpuft wrote:You'd think in the definitive Ghostbusters video game that they would make driving the Ecto possible... I mean what the hell are we supposed to do, spend 5 hours running around doing the same thing of busting ghosts and watching cut scenes of OTHER people driving Ecto? Yawn...

Remember how in GB1 a central theme was that eventually they grew tired of busting and the novelty wore off? It actually became a chore after starting out so strongly... Sounds like this video game...
God :sigh: nothing seems good enough for fans these days :eyeroll:
ParkBench wrote:If that is the case, wow, a ton of excitement for this game has been lost. So pretty much, if you just feel like playing solo, you are screwed to just playing story mode over and over and cant play as any of the 4 guys :angryvigo:

I REALLY hope that isnt the case. What a waste.
So, make some friends and play online with them. i'm stoked about the online. They compared one mode to gears of war 2 horde mode and I have a blast with that. Anyone saying "blah blah blah, what a waste" is being an extreme baby and probably needs to make some friends.
stayinpuft wrote:You'd think in the definitive Ghostbusters video game that they would make driving the Ecto possible... I mean what the hell are we supposed to do, spend 5 hours running around doing the same thing of busting ghosts and watching cut scenes of OTHER people driving Ecto? Yawn...

Are you kidding me?

One very good reason was pointed out as to why you shouldn't be able to drive the Ecto-1b. You are the rookie. Rookie's don't drive.

I agree it owuld have been a very cool feature, but it's certainly not a deal breaker.
stayinpuft wrote:
J10kmn wrote:then dont get it
Fine, I won't.
Okay.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]