For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
The following topic will serve as a complendium collecting online and scanned articles, art, video previews, Interviews and websites. Please bare with it as it will be an ongoing development as more material becomes available and as I upload existing stuff I've collected over the past half year.
So...when are we going to know if this game's still coming out in October? Is it for sure not going to? Is it for sure coming out? And don't be an ass and tell me to look for that information in some other thread, as it would take just as long to tell me as it would to type that.
ATTENTION EVERYONE

Ghostbusters The Video Game has been delayed and will not be coming out October '08

The game is close to having a publisher at this point since Activision will not be publishing it.

Everyone's patience is greatly appreciated and a hundred topics talking about why Activision dropped the license, how you're so "f****ng mad" etc are not needed. The best thing to do is wait it out and be patient. The game WILL be released. At this point it is a matter of when next year. Possibly to coincide with the 25th anniversary of the first Ghostbusters movie. Details will be posted as they are received from RELIABLE sources.

If you think you are posting the most up to date news, chances are it may have been posted. Just look a few topics down into the discussion. That is effective for seeing if there is already a good place to post about something new. The Proton Charging news feed is generally pretty up on what's new in the world of Ghostbusting as well. Thanks everyone.
Almost
The Wii could of came closer to having the same graphics not as sharp but not different then running the low res pack on your computer I bet.
I think the PS2 version will be a pointless waste of material. Its the toned down graphics version with out the game play value the wii can bring...so its just a weaker product.
True. But not everyone has any of the next generation consoles. I know several people without a Ps3, 360, or Wii who are interested in buying the game.
I have two question...ones a rumor I've been hearing.

Firstly, I'd also like to have co-op since my PS3 isn't hooked to the interwebs. So would anyone know if a Ghostbusters PS2 disc would play in my 80GB PS3? I haven't found a PS2 game yet that didnt work with backwards compatability, but then again, I haven't tried playing any PS2 games that came out AFTER the PS3.

Secondly, I've read on a few message boards (but seen no proof from official sites yet) that since they had some extra time to tweak the game before it's June release, that the developers went back into the PS3 and XBOX360 versions (probably PC as well) and added a pretty limited "Create-A-Buster", which would let you make small changes like hairstyle, skin color, body type and even let you choose to be a female. I saw it written than fans complained about not being able to edit their player so they went back in and put in the feature. Fact or fiction?
Crowbar wrote:I have two question...ones a rumor I've been hearing.

Firstly, I'd also like to have co-op since my PS3 isn't hooked to the interwebs. So would anyone know if a Ghostbusters PS2 disc would play in my 80GB PS3? I haven't found a PS2 game yet that didnt work with backwards compatability, but then again, I haven't tried playing any PS2 games that came out AFTER the PS3.

Secondly, I've read on a few message boards (but seen no proof from official sites yet) that since they had some extra time to tweak the game before it's June release, that the developers went back into the PS3 and XBOX360 versions (probably PC as well) and added a pretty limited "Create-A-Buster", which would let you make small changes like hairstyle, skin color, body type and even let you choose to be a female. I saw it written than fans complained about not being able to edit their player so they went back in and put in the feature. Fact or fiction?
To answer your first question, I do beleive that the 80 gig PS3 will play the PS2 version of this game, as for your second, it is true that, since Atari took over the publishing rights, TR has used the extra dev time to "tweak" the game and add a few more little things to it, but saddly, a "Create-A-Buster" mode was not one of them. Now, in the PS2 and Wii versions, you will be able to play as a male or female rookie GB.
brad84 wrote:Thanks for the info rockstar232007, I wanted to make sure before I reserve a PS2 to copy as well! I have a PS3, but I wanted to get the PS2 version as well so I can play the co-op mode with my friends. Thanks again :cool:
You're Welcome. :cool:
Crowbar wrote:I have two question...ones a rumor I've been hearing.
So would anyone know if a Ghostbusters PS2 disc would play in my 80GB PS3?

I saw it written than fans complained about not being able to edit their player so they went back in and put in the feature. Fact or fiction?
Be careful, not all the 80GB PS3 are backwards compatible. I believe only the one that has 4 USB ports (MetalGear bundle) is backwards compatible via software emulation. Previous versions were compatible via hardware. The new 80GB and 120GB versions (with only 2 USB ports) won't play PS2 games, IIRC.

Regarding your 2nd question, at least on Wii you can play as a female recruit. I don't know if the other consoles/PC will let you do that.
Yeah the earlier 80gb ps3 are backwards compatible but all the new ones 80, 120, 160 gb ps3s don't play ps2 games. You'll know the difference cause the backward compatible systems are usually more expensive. Also the old 60gb ps3 are backwards compatible, talking first run systems.
Crowbar wrote:Thanks rockstar. Is it know yet exacly what the dev team has tweaked in the next-gen versions? And for the PS2 version, how exacly does the co-op work? What exacly do you do
In response to the co-op thing. Bare in mind this is from an article about the wii version and for the life of me I couldn't find the Friggin article but I know you'll be able to play 4 player story mode as well as several head to head games that involve capturing more ghosts than other people, and a king of hill type game involving artifacts or something. Not really sure. Anyway if I can find the article I'll post it. Sorry if this is old news. I'm new here.
Everything in the game looks great so far. Any word, though on any GB2 references? We know the game takes places 2 years after the events in that movie but I haven't seen anything yet regarding those events. It would be nice to hear or see a throwback to Vigo or the Mood Slime...

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]