By Kingpin
It's been 27 years since The Real Ghostbusters first started airing, it's nigh time we finally had some plans to work from to build the cartoon version of the P.K.E. Meter. :)

Last edited by Kingpin on April 11th, 2013, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonobiwan, SlimeGuy, irricanian and 7 others liked this
By Kingpin
No figures worked out in my head, although a full-scale meter, with mast extended would still fit on a sheet of A4 paper... and something that should help with the scaling, the plug that slots into the bottom of the handle looks like a RCA cable, so I'll be using that to scale the rest of the meter's measurements from.
SPJ liked this
By Kingpin
Measurements!

It's not quite finished, as there are still some measurements missing, but I wanted to post an update. :)
Last edited by Kingpin on February 27th, 2015, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed link
SPJ liked this
By Kingpin
Pending any major tweaking, this is pretty much as good as finished:

Critiques are welcome.

I know there are some areas that don't have measurements, I'll try include these on some of the other elevations as I didn't want to clutter up the design any more than it already is.

As things stand, the plans will contain 3-4 A3 sheets featuring the Meter at close to, if not 1:1 scale... after that the remainder of the sheets will be at A4 size. Using the current arena of measurements, the Kenner P.K.E. Meter toy is roughly two thirds the size of the scale I'm projecting.
jackdoud, Gareee, ketchupkyle and 2 others liked this
By Kingpin
Like Ray, maths was my weakest subject.

If somebody who's good with converting mm into inches is up for the challenge, I'm up for collaboration.
By Fritz
Kingpin wrote:Like Ray, maths was my weakest subject.

If somebody who's good with converting mm into inches is up for the challenge, I'm up for collaboration.
Lol...I feel your pain. I know, I live in the States where the clunky old system is still the standard, but I got conditioned to measuring and calculating stuff in metric due to my high school science classes. It's just so much sprocking easier.
By Kingpin
Martinus wrote:Kingpin: If you don't mind, would you release the plans with the measurements in mm? Many of us aren't tied to imperial units.
Heh, the plans are absolutely crawling with metric measurements. :-P
By Kingpin
That's the only page I've released so far, I've had a couple other projects on my plate at the moment... and working out all the measurements takes time.

I'll be looking into the second sheet in a little bit, see if I can get it finished up for the Bank Holiday on Monday.
By Martinus
Heh, I thought you were holding off on releasing until you had all metric and imperial units on the sheets. :)

No worries, better to take one's time and get it right.

Cheers.
By Cole Funstuff
Kingpin wrote:Not forgotten, I've just had other things on my plate of late.
Understood, looking forward to updates! I'm sure any one of us would help if you needed it.
By Eightcell
Noticed this thread hadn't been updated for about a year so I'm posting this in the hopes it inspires Kingpin to get back to work!

Seriously though if you need some help I could probably base most of the measurements off of the one side you already did if you want to throw me the vector art... or I could fudge it by live tracing.

Kingpin, SPJ, Wafflerobot and 3 others liked this
By Kingpin
I had gotten quite far with the measurements of the other elevations, I just need to recapture the momentum for the project which I'm hoping to do soon.

The plans look great with the cartoon colours applied to them. Nice work. :)
By Eightcell
Kingpin wrote:I had gotten quite far with the measurements of the other elevations, I just need to recapture the momentum for the project which I'm hoping to do soon.

The plans look great with the cartoon colours applied to them. Nice work. :)
Thanks but your plans already looked great.

And let me know if you need any assistance!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]