With the release of Ghostbusters: Afterlife planned for early this summer, Ghostbusters fans in the United Kingdom will have another debut to look forward in 2021: the public display of a screen-used Proton Pack at the National Film & Sci-Fi Museum, which will be opening in the town of Milton Keynes in the early portion of this year (Covid-19 conditions permitting).

The Pack itself was worn by Dan Aykroyd during portions of the Courtroom sequence in Ghostbusters II, and was previously showcased in Milton Keynes at the 2006 Collectormania event, where Ernie Hudson was a guest attendee.

The National Film & Sci-Fi Museum will be opening in the Lloyds Court, adjacent to The Centre:mk shopping complex, and will also feature a variety of props from Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek and other well-known film and television properties.
Alphagaia, Nighty80 liked this
Dr.D wrote: January 5th, 2021, 11:13 am So Ben, how are you going to heist this?
I'm undecided between getting the Ocean's 11 team in, or the magicians from Now You See Me.
Prologic9 wrote: January 5th, 2021, 2:09 pm If we could get some good reference out of this that would be fantastic.
A few folks, yours truly included, are making plans to visit and document it when circumstances allow.
zeta otaku liked this
Awesome news! Thanks for the tip Kingpin :D
We're only one junction up from MK, so the location couldn't be better (for us lol) - can't wait to get a look at that bad boy!

Although my photography skills are somewhat lacking, I'll still do my best to get good reference pics for all - and I know others will do too (that's why I love this community :))
Kingpin, NotSabbat liked this
910dohead wrote: January 6th, 2021, 12:03 pm Yep, that's the one.
I can't believe someone was walking around MK with a screen used pack... That's nuts!
:shudder: Who would take that risk in a public shopping centre? I'd be worried enough wearing my own self-built pack (not that I've got that far yet lol), but it's giving me severe anxiety sweats just thinking about it
Nighty80 wrote: January 6th, 2021, 12:18 pm I can't believe someone was walking around MK with a screen used pack... That's nuts!
In the defense of the wearer, who I presume to be the owner, it may have only been worn out briefly on the floor before (or after) it was whisked away for Ernie to wear during his photoshoot:

Nighty80 liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 6th, 2021, 6:03 pm In the defense of the wearer, who I presume to be the owner, it may have only been worn out briefly on the floor before (or after) it was whisked away for Ernie to wear during his photoshoot:

Neither people shown wearing the pack are the owner. :)
Nighty80 wrote: January 6th, 2021, 12:18 pm
910dohead wrote: January 6th, 2021, 12:03 pm Yep, that's the one.
I can't believe someone was walking around MK with a screen used pack... That's nuts!
:shudder: Who would take that risk in a public shopping centre? I'd be worried enough wearing my own self-built pack (not that I've got that far yet lol), but it's giving me severe anxiety sweats just thinking about it
The hero packs can take a good beating if that's what you're building. Every little scratch and paint chip on the screen used is a memento of each time the pack met with something. I'd say that they've held up fairly well over the decades. Although some of the semi-hero packs weren't as lucky. Just be careful and expect that you're going to hit something with it at some point (because it will happen).
Nighty80 liked this
Nighty80 wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 7:21 am hopefully the Stantz pack is on display so will try to get some pics too.
Unfortunately the museum currently has a "no photographs" policy, an understandable... If disappointing decision.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]