ccv66 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 11:58 am Just buy it.. this is the cheapest easiest best pack that has ever been. I'm hoping the sooner we hit stretch goals the sooner it goes into production. If later you decide you don't want it, I guarantee people are going to be ebaying them next year $1000.00
The secondary prices on all of the HasLab stuff so far has been nuts. I'm debating buying two simply to sell one later and recoup the costs.
ccv66 liked this
5,632 backers as of now. (2:38PM EST, 10-30-21)
Looks like it may hit the 7,000 mark very soon.

For anyone debating on backing it, just do it!
Once these ship and sell out, that's it. Plus the aftermarket prices will be at least double or more.
(5 minimum, really? Who needs 5 proton packs?)
Hi all,

I know the scale has been a topic of discussion, so here are some screenshots of the HasLab pack from some b-roll used in the live stream. It looks to be 1:1 scale in its north and south dimensions, but it does look a little thin in the width, specifically where the pack pops out for the cyclotron up near the clippard.

Overall it looks great and it’s nice to see it from some alternate angles and with people in the frame to get a better sense of scale. Hope these images help.
ccv66 liked this
Hi all, I've backed this project but as as live in Ireland I had to do it through Zavvi.ie. It appears Zavvi will distribute this in Europe as Hasbro Pulse seem to only ship to US, Canada & UK.

I was wondering does anyone know if the "backers" counter on the Hasbro Pulse website includes us in Europe that have backed this through Zavvi ?
gamera1968 liked this
roigroigroig wrote: October 28th, 2021, 8:05 pm How the hell did you get your hands on the stretch goals?! Are these verified? Was hoping for GB 1 components we could swap in.
I am trying to figure this out as well - how has Hasbro NOT asked you guys to take these down yet? Makes me think they aren't the actual stretch goals, though they sound unfortunately believable at this point. They say the pack is "modular" - which makes me believe that you can restore it to 1984 specs. I can't stand the look of the modified pack - I came into this as an 80s kid wanting the legit Ghosbusters pack, not McKenna Grace's pack. Yes, I realize it's supposed to be Egon's upgrades, but it manages to look older and even hokier than what Reitman was trying for in 84'. The amount of copper wires going into the Clippard area just look so ugly.

I will not back this if it doesn't look like the 84 pack in a real capacity - it also has me worried that the hose is only going to the the Afterlife version, which is also ugly as hell. Instead of a clean, uninterrupted black hose it now has wrapped points and a puffy foam rubber area, almost like the prop department just threw stuff on it to make it "look" modded without any reasoning behind it. It just looks jenky and ugly now as a result, nothing was "improved" outside of the on switch.
ProtonPack83 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 6:39 pm I can't stand the look of the modified pack - I came into this as an 80s kid wanting the legit Ghosbusters pack, not McKenna Grace's pack. Yes, I realize it's supposed to be Egon's upgrades, but it manages to look older and even hokier than what Reitman was trying for in 84'. The amount of copper wires going into the Clippard area just look so ugly.

I will not back this if it doesn't look like the 84 pack in a real capacity - it also has me worried that the hose is only going to the the Afterlife version, which is also ugly as hell. Instead of a clean, uninterrupted black hose it now has wrapped points and a puffy foam rubber area, almost like the prop department just threw stuff on it to make it "look" modded without any reasoning behind it. It just looks jenky and ugly now as a result, nothing was "improved" outside of the on switch.
For the record, I totally understand where you're coming from as far as wishing it was the '84 pack. I previously said that I personally am happy it's the '21 pack. But I would have backed this project just as fast if it was the '84.

What I wanted to address is your gripes with the design of the '21 pack. Consider how slapdash and haphazard the '84 pack is. And that was when Egon had another scientist working hand-in-hand with him, and with an actual budget. A modest one, but there was some backing.

Over 30 years, how would you expect the pack to look with it being maintained by one man with what seems like little to absolutely no spare cash? You see the overall state of the farmhouse and can realize that Egon wasn't about aesthetics. Look at the neural scanner they used on Louis. It was a friggin collander with wires and resistors. If it worked, Egon couldn't care how it looked. I'm willing to bet that Ray was 90% responsible for Ecto-1's build, and Egon was only there to assist. If Egon manned it, the car would look exactly as Ray had picked it up, except with all the junk thrown on top.
Ryusui wrote: October 30th, 2021, 12:56 pm
gamera1968 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 12:40 pm (5 minimum, really? Who needs only 5 proton packs?)
FTFY
Thank you. That's what I meant to type.
Ryusui wrote: October 30th, 2021, 9:23 pm
ProtonPack83 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 6:39 pm I can't stand the look of the modified pack - I came into this as an 80s kid wanting the legit Ghosbusters pack, not McKenna Grace's pack. Yes, I realize it's supposed to be Egon's upgrades, but it manages to look older and even hokier than what Reitman was trying for in 84'. The amount of copper wires going into the Clippard area just look so ugly.

For the record, I totally understand where you're coming from as far as wishing it was the '84 pack. I previously said that I personally am happy it's the '21 pack. But I would have backed this project just as fast if it was the '84.

What I wanted to address is your gripes with the design of the '21 pack. Consider how slapdash and haphazard the '84 pack is. And that was when Egon had another scientist working hand-in-hand with him, and with an actual budget. A modest one, but there was some backing.

Over 30 years, how would you expect the pack to look with it being maintained by one man with what seems like little to absolutely no spare cash? You see the overall state of the farmhouse and can realize that Egon wasn't about aesthetics. Look at the neural scanner they used on Louis. It was a friggin collander with wires and resistors. If it worked, Egon couldn't care how it looked. I'm willing to bet that Ray was 90% responsible for Ecto-1's build, and Egon was only there to assist. If Egon manned it, the car would look exactly as Ray had picked it up, except with all the junk thrown on top.
Ghostbusters like back to future uses the DIY mad science aesthetic.
Kingpin wrote: October 31st, 2021, 8:49 am 5,832 backers as of this writing.
Doesn't look like it'll break 7,000 by the 1st of November, but maybe within the first week of the month.
Which incidentally is my birthday, so if anyone wants to gift me something, you know, that would be great.
Kingpin wrote: October 31st, 2021, 8:49 am 5,832 backers as of this writing.
Doesn't look like it'll break 7,000 by the 1st of November, but maybe within the first week of the month.
I know there is a lot of people who will not jump in until it gets closer and they know they'll have the money. Also I am willing to bet there is going to be a huge surge after the movie.
ProtonPack83 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 6:39 pm
roigroigroig wrote: October 28th, 2021, 8:05 pm How the hell did you get your hands on the stretch goals?! Are these verified? Was hoping for GB 1 components we could swap in.
I am trying to figure this out as well - how has Hasbro NOT asked you guys to take these down yet? Makes me think they aren't the actual stretch goals, though they sound unfortunately believable at this point. They say the pack is "modular" - which makes me believe that you can restore it to 1984 specs. I can't stand the look of the modified pack - I came into this as an 80s kid wanting the legit Ghosbusters pack, not McKenna Grace's pack. Yes, I realize it's supposed to be Egon's upgrades, but it manages to look older and even hokier than what Reitman was trying for in 84'. The amount of copper wires going into the Clippard area just look so ugly.

I hear you but c'mon, you are getting an actual mass produced Proton Pack. That is the second best thing after getting a prop maker to make you the actual prop. Or making it yourself. Actually in some ways it could even be considered better (maybe).

Remember the Matty Trap? I know of no prop trap anyone ever made that included its functionality. Lights, sounds, vibration. Functioning exactly like the movie. A movie prop that animates is usually powered by ugly cables, and wires and puppeteers and big remote controls or cgi, etc. To get something that functions exactly like you see in the final film without all the behind the scenes "plumbing" is a miracle. Sold for what, 99$?, now you'd be lucky to get one for $900.

Same with this proton pack. It will be the (mass produced) holy grail of all collectors collections and finally take the crown from the Matty trap and wand.

I can easily see these selling for 2500$ once they are gone. Think about it. The Matty trap went for 99$ when new but now is $900 because it's gone. This will easily be twice that. I'd seriously consider buying as many as you can. These things are actually paying you to buy them.
One time wrote: October 31st, 2021, 11:46 am
ProtonPack83 wrote: October 30th, 2021, 6:39 pm

I hear you but c'mon, you are getting an actual mass produced Proton Pack. That is the second best thing after getting a prop maker to make you the actual prop. Or making it yourself. Actually in some ways it could even be considered better (maybe).

Remember the Matty Trap? I know of no prop trap anyone ever made that included its functionality. Lights, sounds, vibration. Functioning exactly like the movie. A movie prop that animates is usually powered by ugly cables, and wires and puppeteers and big remote controls or cgi, etc. To get something that functions exactly like you see in the final film without all the behind the scenes "plumbing" is a miracle. Sold for what, 99$?, now you'd be lucky to get one for $900.

Same with this proton pack. It will be the (mass produced) holy grail of all collectors collections and finally take the crown from the Matty trap and wand.

I can easily see these selling for 2500$ once they are gone. Think about it. The Matty trap went for 99$ when new but now is $900 because it's gone. This will easily be twice that. I'd seriously consider buying as many as you can. These things are actually paying you to buy them.
Trust me, I see your point there - but the difference is that the trap WAS intended to look like the first two movies with parts to do so. You'd think Hasbro would be smart enough to include swappable pieces like the Clippard round area to eliminate the Afterlife upgrades, giving you both packs. I am not betting on them doing an 84' pack and figure this is it - at least for a VERY long time. I loved that Matty trap and I kick myself every time I didn't get that or the PKE - both were so awesome. I only got the wand and I think the main reason the trap is so expensive is because there were so few (relatively) made for the world to enjoy. I still cannot believe Matty didn't make more.

I get your points about the cost of an actual one. For me, I'm coming from a modded Spirit pack that I put a lot of time into in regards to getting a speaker, rechargeable battery, ON switch, and soldering to get the board and split loom hose all connected to my Matty Wand. It functions perfectly and talks to the Wand, so I feel like this really has to impress me and look like how I'd want it to spring for one, price or not.

To me, it's the equivalent of say getting a Rise Of Skywalker "modded" Rey lightsaber instead of the Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker one that I really want. Getting it cheaply wouldn't change my mind about owning it - I'd rather have the original 100% of the time. It's still a great value and I'm super happy for those who aren't modders that can now obtain an authentic GB pack. I still hold out hope that Hasbro took down their tiers to make some additions - I really WANT to love this thing.

I also hope Plasma Series comes out with more props like Matty Collector.
ProtonPack83 wrote: October 31st, 2021, 12:59 pm
One time wrote: October 31st, 2021, 11:46 am

Trust me, I see your point there - but the difference is that the trap WAS intended to look like the first two movies with parts to do so. You'd think Hasbro would be smart enough to include swappable pieces like the Clippard round area to eliminate the Afterlife upgrades, giving you both packs. I am not betting on them doing an 84' pack and figure this is it - at least for a VERY long time. I loved that Matty trap and I kick myself every time I didn't get that or the PKE - both were so awesome. I only got the wand and I think the main reason the trap is so expensive is because there were so few (relatively) made for the world to enjoy. I still cannot believe Matty didn't make more.

I get your points about the cost of an actual one. For me, I'm coming from a modded Spirit pack that I put a lot of time into in regards to getting a speaker, rechargeable battery, ON switch, and soldering to get the board and split loom hose all connected to my Matty Wand. It functions perfectly and talks to the Wand, so I feel like this really has to impress me and look like how I'd want it to spring for one, price or not.

To me, it's the equivalent of say getting a Rise Of Skywalker "modded" Rey lightsaber instead of the Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker one that I really want. Getting it cheaply wouldn't change my mind about owning it - I'd rather have the original 100% of the time. It's still a great value and I'm super happy for those who aren't modders that can now obtain an authentic GB pack. I still hold out hope that Hasbro took down their tiers to make some additions - I really WANT to love this thing.

I also hope Plasma Series comes out with more props like Matty Collector.
I understand exactly what you're saying. This isn't the 84 pack. That much is true. But it's the only mass produced PP out there. The light sabre examples you give are 2 that are available that you can choose from. We have no mass produced PP at all. And I think this 2021 version PP is actually the most respectful "new version" of the PP we have. As much as I love GB:TVG I always thought the pack "changes" they had were not really GB3 (too comical, etc.) With this pack I think it's finally a respectful new version with absolutely minimal changes to 1984.

I'm actually more happy this isn't the '84 pack. You know why? For me the ultimate holy grail in anything Ghostbusters would be paying a reputable prop builder 6k$ to build an actual sheet metal 1984 proton pack with *all* of the actual authentic individual pieces (legris, lenses, bargraph, cable, etc. etc.) that the 1984 hero packs had. But one made from metal as opposed to fibre glass resin. So a real 84 movie hero pack but even more "realistic" than the actual movie prop.

That would be the ultimate for me. I wouldn't want a "96% realistic" Hasbro made 1984 mass produced pack. I'd love one for the 2021 movie pack though.

This thing is the Matty trap situation dialled up to 11 I'm telling you.
I would just like to point out that Hasbro did put in big font on the bottom of the pictures "FINAL PRODUCT MAY VARY." They haven't started building these things yet, I wouldn't worry about some of the undesirable features some of the hardcore replicators are being irked about.

And honestly, I probably will mod a few things on my pack once it arrives. I trust Hasbro made things easy to interchange/mod like they did with the Spengler wand. These are scanned from the actual prop, it won't get much more accurate than this.
SpaceBallz wrote: October 31st, 2021, 1:43 pm I would just like to point out that Hasbro did put in big font on the bottom of the pictures "FINAL PRODUCT MAY VARY." They haven't started building these things yet, I wouldn't worry about some of the undesirable features some of the hardcore replicators are being irked about.

And honestly, I probably will mod a few things on my pack once it arrives. I trust Hasbro made things easy to interchange/mod like they did with the Spengler wand. These are scanned from the actual prop, it won't get much more accurate than this.
I really hope they will actually scan the real prop or at least use the actual dimensions of the real prop parts. The Hasbro wand wasn't scanned and had many made up dimensions.
Ecto_1X wrote: October 31st, 2021, 12:04 pmImage

Size looks good, just need the Alice frame on there.
So the "leaked" stretch goals were correct. Unfortunate but it seems quite likely that we'll reach the hose goal at the very least.

In Jasons news blurb about the hose he suggests that the hose may connect the electronics. From what guys here have said that's impossible. What about if the pack is programmed to do things depending on what sort of power draw the wand needs? At the very least it should be possible for the pack to power the wand as well as itself, right? That'd be a nice feature.
One thing I've been wondering about is, if the 9000 stretch goal isn't reached, or even if it is and you just want a different connector hose, how easy will it be to mod a hose to fit both the pack and wand? I have the wand and the handle end cap with the hose connector is plastic with wide threads. Not sure what would need to be done to make a better connector for a hose.
VenomSymbiote wrote: October 31st, 2021, 1:52 pm In Jason's news blurb about the hose he suggests that the hose may connect the electronics. From what guys here have said that's impossible. What about if the pack is programmed to do things depending on what sort of power draw the wand needs? At the very least it should be possible for the pack to power the wand as well as itself, right? That'd be a nice feature.
The battery "cradle" that fits into the rear handle of the wand could indeed be replaced with a facsimile that carries power from the pack into the wand, yeah. The cradle has the connection on the end that transfers power from the batteries to the electronics, so that could be possible, and honestly should be. But those recipient connectors inside the wand are only wired up to receive power, I'm sure. There's no way you'll be controlling the pack on/off with the wand. It isn't wired up for that.

Considering Hasbro is expecting 2,000 more backers to even GET the frigging hose, it better be able to carry power to the wand. Otherwise, it's just some $20 hose.

EDIT: Exactly what I was talking about!

JTurchetta, VenomSymbiote, THawke and 1 others liked this
I appreciate it's probably the seasoned skeptic in me voicing this, but how verifiable is anything Bill's saying? Can we prove he's actually a Hasbro employee?

I guess I'm just wary after all the "insiders" we've seen spewing out "info" about Afterlife.
Alphagaia liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]