jonogunn wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:22 pm I may be in the minority but if they included an afterlife version of the hose and not just a plain store bought split loom I think that is an awesome stretch goal. The stand sounds cool to me too.
I'd wager that it'll look like the one in the photo of the screen used pack.
Ecto24601 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 7:23 am For all EU/Europe outside UK resident ghostheads, zavvi is your source to get it! Costs 430€ for me-considering that includes shipping and all taxes I'm fine with that.

https://www.zavvi.de/

Zavvi

Awesome. That’s only 100$ more than the standard price. That’s an insanely good deal considering it includes shipping and import taxes which could have been 300$ total.

I paid €430 and backed the campaign before Zavvi wakes up and increases the price by 100€.

Spengler wand - Spengler pack compatibility

I’m thinking (fearing?) the “compatibility” between the Spengler wand and pack could be similar to the Matty PKE and Matty Ecto Goggles, which communicated through sounds. The Ecto Goggles would pick out which sounds the PKE was playing and adjust the screen animations accordingly. It worked, but wasn’t the most effective way.

It was better than nothing but on a wand - pack item it wouldn’t be great.

Have people who have taken the Spengler wand apart noticed any thing at all that would enable a direct connection Hasbro could have built it? If they went through the trouble of including a connector surely there must be something in that wand that could be plug and play.

Maybe all the wand functions draw very specific amounts of volts and a battery pack that connects to the hose could tell by the voltage draw exactly what functionality was active.
Last edited by One time on October 28th, 2021, 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 6:43 pm
ProtonPack83 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 6:10 pm I'm not that excited for this other than the price because they chose the Afterlife pack instead of the 84 version that most fans REALLY wanted. I cannot understand why they wouldn't simply release an 84' pack that could be "modded" through stretch goals to be either or. I'm not interested in getting Phoebe's pack in the least - I want Spengler's actual 84 pack with no mods. Just seems like a stupid move on Hasbro's behalf.

30/40 yr olds haven't been waiting for 30 years to get an even more weathered and modded pack from the new movie, they want the original. That is exactly why I didn't buy the Spengler wand either - I much prefer the Matty wand's accuracy, look and feel. Even the hose on this looks wonky and has foam wrap on part of it. I feel like this is a real missed opportunity to do the pack right...but $399 is a surprising number. I'm sure many will hop on it just for that reason alone and call it close enough.
They tried that. Anovos.
Haha - that was hardly a try, weren't those things like $3,000? This is plastic and made by a TOY company, not an adult prop replica company.
deadderek liked this
The stretch goals for some of the other projects have been rather hit and miss. Usually there are 1 or 2 really good ones and a few weak ones. I admit that the hose for goal #1 is a little weak and really should be included considering you know they had to have planned for the Neutrona Wand to be compatible when it was originally designed/released.

The Mini Pufts are an easy add-on considering they are already being made, though I do think they will be cool. The display stand probably should be the third goal with the Spengler being the forth, most interesting goal.

Nevertheless, I actually think we might hit all 4 of them with this project which is great! Makes me very optimistic for future projects.
As we're creeping up on 5k it seems to have slowed, however don't panic as from what I hear this is common, initial rush of backers, then a slow trickle then another massive wave close to the end that usually pushes it over the goal line.

Media is starting to pick up on it and sure it will get a huge boost around the 19th. Since it's afterlife pack I have seen a few people say they are waiting to ensure they like the movie before committing to the afterlife pack.

Additionally there is a lot of misinformation out there. Hasbro did not do themselves any favors with that shitty photoshop mock up that makes it look like a spirit pack.

Had someone on Facebook try and tell me the film used packs are not real 1:1 and as they were shrank for child actors.....sigh.

If they really wanted to move some units they would get Adam Savage to do a tested video "early look" at the pack similar to his wand video.
deadderek, Ryusui liked this
ecto88mph wrote: October 28th, 2021, 11:14 pm As we're creeping up on 5k it seems to have slowed, however don't panic as from what I hear this is common, initial rush of backers, then a slow trickle then another massive wave close to the end that usually pushes it over the goal line.

Media is starting to pick up on it and sure it will get a huge boost around the 19th. Since it's afterlife pack I have seen a few people say they are waiting to ensure they like the movie before committing to the afterlife pack.

Additionally there is a lot of misinformation out there. Hasbro did not do themselves any favors with that shitty photoshop mock up that makes it look like a spirit pack.

Had someone on Facebook try and tell me the film used packs are not real 1:1 and as they were shrank for child actors.....sigh.

If they really wanted to move some units they would get Adam Savage to do a tested video "early look" at the pack similar to his wand video.
That BS about the packs being downsized for the kid actors needs to friggin stop. Like, holy crap, how did that even get started? I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE.
zeta otaku wrote: October 29th, 2021, 12:27 am
ecto88mph wrote: October 28th, 2021, 11:14 pm As we're creeping up on 5k it seems to have slowed, however don't panic as from what I hear this is common, initial rush of backers, then a slow trickle then another massive wave close to the end that usually pushes it over the goal line.

That BS about the packs being downsized for the kid actors needs to friggin stop. Like, holy crap, how did that even get started? I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE.
It's possibly just speculation. That was one of the ideas in my head as to why the packs may seem smaller. I didn't assume that's what the issue was though. Perhaps others wondered the same, started discussing it, and then people started repeating it as fact?
One time wrote: October 28th, 2021, 7:03 pm Have people who have taken the Spengler wand apart noticed any thing at all that would enable a direct connection Hasbro could have built it? If they went through the trouble of including a connector surely there must be something in that wand that could be plug and play.

Maybe all the wand functions draw very specific amounts of volts and a battery pack that connects to the hose could tell by the voltage draw exactly what functionality was active.
I haven't taken it apart, but the connector piece they include with the wand is just a plastic cap with a protruding plastic plug. Nothing to indicate any power draw.
deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: October 29th, 2021, 1:36 am Perhaps you have to remove the batteries all together and let the pack power the wand? Maybe that's possible?
Wireless charging is definitely a real technology, but I don't think it's going to be a part of the HasLab replica.

I think this is going to be like my old Proton Pack replica: the Pack and thrower lights being operated completely independently from each other.
deadderek liked this
Look at the Tested hero props video. The movie wand lit up when it was connected to the pack. The battery compartment in the Hasbro wand has only two connectors and is a separate piece. I think it's pretty likely and doable that the pack can provide the juice for the wand. But I'm not sure if and how you could start the pack with the wand or get the sound of it through the pack? However it's the same company and the same people working on both-AND we do not know for how long they had planned to do the Haslab proton pack. Maybe it was delayed just like the movie itself, so they had sketched it out together with the wand from the start...
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt, Prime 1986 and 1 others liked this
4,857 backers as of this writing.
Looks like it may hit the minimum of 7,000 by the end of the month. (Halloween day)
When the plasma series thrower released, there were a few people who did teardowns and looked at the electronics.

There is 100% no way to plug a pack into that wand to get interactive features between the wand and pack. The only way it has been done is by people opening the wand up and straight up soldering wires and boards into the wand.

The closes they could get with pack/wand integration is to include something in the tube that connects the pack to the wand that replaces the battery sled that goes into the Handel, this way the power all directly feeds off the pack.

Look I would love to be wrong here, but after spending over a year with the wand.... we know it's limitations and it's just not feasible to have it communicate with the wand. Now with the wand, the designers left the door open for such mods, and I'm pretty sure they'll do the same with the pack.

On the plus side you'll be able to go to people and say "flip me on" like in the movie.

I think for the price and what you get it's a insane value.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, oidoglr and 1 others liked this
I’ve already accepted the reality that the wand likely can’t talk to the pack (I still enthusiastically backed this) but have a question.

Could in theory, if the hose also replaces the battery sled, the pack detect something like voltage/current draw? Not an electronics guy, hopefully this isn’t a dumb question. 😅

I imagine the wand “eats” little power when 1 switch is on, a little more when all switches are on, more as you crank up the knob, and a lot of power when pulling the trigger?
One time liked this
Kingpin wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:11 pmStretch Goals:
1) The Classic Bundle (inspired by the 1984 movie)
The first stretch goal will include a connection hose that hooks the HasLab Proton Pack up to the Spengler Neutrona Wand. Custom 1984 decals with a brushed chrome look will also be included for your pre-existing Spengler Neutrona Wand.
-9000 Backers.

2) The Ghostbusters: Afterlife Bundle
The second stretch goal will include 3 Plasma Series Mini-Pufts figures AND 3 alternate, swappable heads, featuring NEW DECO! A white marshmallow goo attachment for the Proton Pack will also be included.
-11,000 Backers.

3) The Spengler Special
The third stretch goal will include a sheet of Ghostbusters-themed decals and an Egon Spengler 16-page notebook that includes schematics, handwritten notes, and personal anecdotes.
-13,000 Backers.

4) The Supernatural Stand
The fourth stretch goal will include an exclusive high-quality display stand.
-15,000 Backers.
Do you have a source for the stretch goals? Because everywhere else doesn't have that information (except for the titles) and implies that it is under wraps until they meet the prior target (ie. they get the 7000 backers, they they reveal what the first stretch goal is).
ProtonPack83 liked this
Well, the stand can be seen and is decribed on two of the promo pictures, so I rather fear those other goals are legit. Haslab has a strange way of setting unlock goals. Other crowdfunding projects I've backed usually start basic"you'll have fun", first goals are "you want more? we'll give you more!" and then the final goal is "all your wildest dreams come true".
VenomSymbiote liked this
Ecto24601 wrote: October 29th, 2021, 10:31 am Well, the stand can be seen and is decribed on two of the promo pictures, so I rather fear those other goals are legit. Haslab has a strange way of setting unlock goals. Other crowdfunding projects I've backed usually start basic"you'll have fun", first goals are "you want more? we'll give you more!" and then the final goal is "all your wildest dreams come true".
A stand doesn't seem like a wildest dream unless of course it's alluding to an Alice Frame.
Edit: Pack just hit 5000 on the nose!
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 30th, 2021, 4:31 am I wonder how many, if any, folks are holding off until this thing hits 7,000.

As soon as it passes the threshold to get made, I'll be pledging.
Any reason not to do it asap? They won't charge your card until the campaign ends.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: October 30th, 2021, 5:29 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 30th, 2021, 4:31 am I wonder how many, if any, folks are holding off until this thing hits 7,000.

As soon as it passes the threshold to get made, I'll be pledging.
Any reason not to do it asap? They won't charge your card until the campaign ends.
For me, it's hard to keep 400 dollars in my checking account and not spend it by accident for a month.
GhostFaceX wrote: Any reason not to do it asap? They won't charge your card until the campaign ends.
None at all - purely a psychological thing.I don't wanna commit the money and then have backers dry up, even though there's no risk with 40+ days to go. I'm sure this will hit some of the stretch goals.
ccv66 liked this
Just buy it.. this is the cheapest easiest best pack that has ever been. I'm hoping the sooner we hit stretch goals the sooner it goes into production. If later you decide you don't want it, I guarantee people are going to be ebaying them next year $1000.00

Keep it and have a cool pack or sell it and make money. Kind of a win win
I'm probably going to buy two and end up selling one that pays for the other
deadderek liked this
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]