bobafett321 wrote: December 4th, 2021, 4:21 pm My question concerns the extra switch that hasbro is leaving open. How will we be able to utilize it? Does if have easy access to the speakers and lights?
Oh I hope someone makes something that easily fits into the compartment that'll let the pack play the theme song. Well, as long as it'd not require soldering...
Bluetooth Pager/Speaker from Bumpboxx, an SD card
And a sound file...
Video LINK for sounds: Poor man Proton Pack sounds

I can clip the pager to the Alice Frame or my belt. The Spengler wand has the rest of the sounds.
The loop is an hour. Then it plays the Ghostbusters theme song and repeats.
Spidon, VenomSymbiote liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: December 4th, 2021, 4:26 am If I want to make the plasma wand more accurate to the movie, what kind of tape should I order for the handle? Is it olive green drab gaffer tape? It almost has a shiny side, could it be something else? What would be a good way to give it a permanent blackwash like on the real one?

Watch this video from Ghostbusters News for the handgrip mod you’re looking to do:

There’s no grip underneath the original rubber faux-tape, so you need to get a new grip in there as well as the tape. He also demonstrates aging it.

Links from the video:

Get the 3D print file via https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4601506

Or Purchase the 3D print grip: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/8801397 ... ck=1&bes=1

Purchase the olive drab tape used: https://www.findtape.com/Pro-Tapes-Pro- ... 2520gaffer#
hawkbatsquadron wrote: December 4th, 2021, 7:03 pm Bluetooth Pager/Speaker from Bumpboxx, an SD card
And a sound file...
Video LINK for sounds: Poor man Proton Pack sounds

I can clip the pager to the Alice Frame or my belt. The Spengler wand has the rest of the sounds.
The loop is an hour. Then it plays the Ghostbusters theme song and repeats.
Not a bad idea, but kinda pricey. Maybe there's other cheaper options out there. I do like the idea of it looking like a belt gizmo or something. You called it bluetooth but does it need it to function? Like as long as you put an sd card in there with the song it'd just repeat it as long as you like?
jonogunn wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:03 pm I’m probably gonna go with Rothco ALICE Frame and maybe just spray paint the belt bucket
I received two from Amazon from different sellers and both had the olive drab belt buckle
Ecto_1X wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:26 am
hawkbatsquadron wrote: November 29th, 2021, 1:10 pm
The Rothco frame I got already has a green belt buckle.
So are we certain the Spengler Pack's Alice Frame IS the Rothco frame then?
I did waaay too many hours of research about this one night (I think all the replies are some pages back in this thread maybe) and for sure it's a Rothco. Not 100% one what alterations they did because I noticed that both straps have that big metal button snap, but the big tell tale sign is that the back of the shoulder strap pads have a line running down the middle of them which seems exclusive to Rothco.
I kinda wish they had kept the "ribbon cable off" alarm sound a secret. That would have been a neat surprise! At this stage I'm really curious about the packaging. I guess it'll be in tone with the neutrona wand: a metal case with "Proton Pack" stenciled on the front. But that might be a bit underwhelming? We'll see. Would have loved to see a Mattycollector style pack and the corresponding faux wooden shipping crate box to go with it. That would have been quite the display.
hawkbatsquadron liked this
Looks like we're crossing 13k today. That leaves us 1 week to get 2,000 backers to get the stand.
ecto88mph wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:55 am Looks like we're crossing 13k today. That leaves us 1 week to get 2,000 backers to get the stand.
Don't forget that the last few days of a Haslab see a big surge in backers. From overseas third parties to people caving after being on the fence. I don't care for the stand myself but I think it's quite likely we'll reach 15k. Maybe if we're lucky they'll announce a final stretch goal that's bitchin and we get something beyond the stand too.
Spacejockey426 wrote: December 5th, 2021, 1:12 pm Oh no - it dropped back down to 12,998!!
I noticed that too. I saw it at 13k then refreshed and it went down to 12,998. I'm guessing it's just how the site counts backers. I'd wager we still do have the notebook or if not, we definitely will by the end of the day.

Edit: Refreshed again out of curiosity and now it's at 13,002. We good.
Last edited by VenomSymbiote on December 5th, 2021, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At this point, we need an minimum of 271 new backers over the next 7.34 days in order to achieve the class 4 unlock. With the average daily new backer count currently at 216 for the month of December, it will be up to a final week (or final days/hours) surge to break the average. The G.I. Joe Skystriker and the Rancor are experiencing this now, though both have a long road to go just to get funded, and neither may make it . . . (Yes, I created an Excel spreadsheet to calculate this all out.)
Dragonfire82877 liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 5th, 2021, 1:25 pm
Ecto_1X wrote: December 5th, 2021, 1:24 pm less than 2k to go to hit the final Tier!
I'm hoping the final tier gets blown out of the water. I haven't paid much attention to Haslab projects. Have they ever added more stretch goals if something does really well?
I think there's mostly been 4 Tiers max from past popular projects, but I can't be sure. Only the Razor Crest has 5 Tiers.
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 5th, 2021, 1:25 pm
Ecto_1X wrote: December 5th, 2021, 1:24 pm less than 2k to go to hit the final Tier!
I'm hoping the final tier gets blown out of the water. I haven't paid much attention to Haslab projects. Have they ever added more stretch goals if something does really well?
If I understood it correctly the Haslab Star Wars Razor Crest originally had three tiers, and when it reached tier 3 with one week to go, two additional tiers were unveiled.
Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]