verminaard510 wrote: November 16th, 2021, 6:29 pm
One time wrote: November 16th, 2021, 3:48 pm Oh believe me, I know. I don't just want the hose. I want the hose. Badly. Watching the numbers has become sort of an obsession at this point. That's why it's so agonizing seeing them move so slowly now. I want to see that magic 9000.
But is it Excel Spreadsheet obsession!
Can we see an updated pic?
JTurchetta wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 9:03 pm
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 7:34 pm Which is really so silly - the ENTIRE movie is relying on 1984 as a reference point, yet corporate Hasbro can't call this pack anything but Afterlife? It's not even like it would overshadow the movie in some way, it actually makes the pack MORE marketable to have it be convertible to both! Honestly, what are they thinking with this crap? They give us an 84' sticker sheet, a switch to make it 84' sounds and specific lights, and it states it is "modular" yet nobody in any of the videos has ever mentioned or told HOW this pack can convert to an 84'. It's baffling to me.

I think this whole HasLab would have been better suited had they just called it a Ghostbusters PROTON PACK - then the tier 1 would be Afterlife with all Spengler's mods (weathered ribbon cable, copper wires, yellow fabric wire, worn decals, hose, gray paint wear pen), then the rest of the tiers could easily remain the same as they are. This way, anyone could mod this pack to be whatever they heck they wanted it to be.

I hate that the designers have to be this anal about it - and it's all because of Sony and Hasbro I'm sure, they'd LOVE to tell us that it can be converted.
Its all about how the brand was licensed to Hasbro. Their license may extend to original '84 action figures, but not for prop replicas. Its very expensive to license IP and they will go after what they feel will make them the most money and return on that investment.

Yes its all based on the 84 stuff, but a new major tentpole movie is where all of the marketing and dollars are focused. So all of that means they can offer up prop replicas based on Afterlife keeping the focus there, but also knowing the obvious is that it COULD be converted to a stock 84 pack or prop.

Think about this too: they offered up Plasma Series figures based on the 84 movie, but didn't do an Ecto-1 from 84, only a smaller scale one based on the new film. That isn't them withholding things (because they know it would sell!) that is a perfect example of what may be a limitation of their agreement coupled with they want to promote the new film as much as possible.

Back to the proton pack: this is not Hasbro trying to be coy or lame it could be simply they are not permitted under their licensing agreement to refer to the pack or prop as an 84 prop. If you watch what they say and how they say it, they are very careful with their words and phrasing so they do not legally violate their license agreement.

I highly recommend looking into how these things work if you are interested. It really is a fascinating world and explains so much when it comes to some of the "why" we get some items and not others.

Hope this helps!
Yes, all fine points. I still find it so odd that they could release and Ecto-1, but of course it wasn't to scale and it WAS the Afterlife version. The red tape of licensing is always one of the most annoying things as a fan - you have Funko POPS that, IMO, are the ugliest, most generic things to ever come into toys yet they can do ANYTHING from just about any franchise, I guess because of their cartoony nature? They are just spamming every Target and comic book shop, yet when Hasbro does this pack they have to avoid 84' or even saying it? I mean, the sticker sheet people! It's comical at this point.

Hasbro has Star Wars as a licensee and forgive my ignorance, but I'm sure it's all contracted up initially that they can essentially make any likeness or prop from Star Wars. They do the Original Trilogy lightsabers just as much as any new Kylo Ren one. You'd think if Hasbro has Ghostbusters as a property that they can do the same - they did the 84' characters in Plasma, so we know that the 84' stuff is fair game there. It's very odd to me that they somehow can't do prop replicas from the same era with that license. I can only imagine two things: maybe Matty still has some kind of contract extension on the 84' stuff since their time of doing it but have sat on it for years (unlikely) or Hasbro is actually planning 84' stuff after the movie hype has faded and they want to make sure people buy their future product instead of getting it all at once?

I don't sense any conspiracy, it's just incredibly annoying and odd. It's like the scene from Step Brothers where Horatio Sanz and his wedding band continually tell people that they are an 80's Billy Joel cover band and people keep asking for "Piano Man" haha. Hasbro, YOU are Horatio Sanz!
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 5:10 am
JTurchetta wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 9:03 pm
Yes, all fine points. I still find it so odd that they could release and Ecto-1, but of course it wasn't to scale and it WAS the Afterlife version. The red tape of licensing is always one of the most annoying things as a fan - you have Funko POPS that, IMO, are the ugliest, most generic things to ever come into toys yet they can do ANYTHING from just about any franchise, I guess because of their cartoony nature? They are just spamming every Target and comic book shop, yet when Hasbro does this pack they have to avoid 84' or even saying it? I mean, the sticker sheet people! It's comical at this point.

Hasbro has Star Wars as a licensee and forgive my ignorance, but I'm sure it's all contracted up initially that they can essentially make any likeness or prop from Star Wars. They do the Original Trilogy lightsabers just as much as any new Kylo Ren one. You'd think if Hasbro has Ghostbusters as a property that they can do the same - they did the 84' characters in Plasma, so we know that the 84' stuff is fair game there. It's very odd to me that they somehow can't do prop replicas from the same era with that license. I can only imagine two things: maybe Matty still has some kind of contract extension on the 84' stuff since their time of doing it but have sat on it for years (unlikely) or Hasbro is actually planning 84' stuff after the movie hype has faded and they want to make sure people buy their future product instead of getting it all at once?

I don't sense any conspiracy, it's just incredibly annoying and odd. It's like the scene from Step Brothers where Horatio Sanz and his wedding band continually tell people that they are an 80's Billy Joel cover band and people keep asking for "Piano Man" haha. Hasbro, YOU are Horatio Sanz!

Mack's Factory has the licensing for the '84 pack. Chances are, Mack's factory already had the licensing and Hasbro found a loophole that allowed them to do the Afterlife pack.
Last edited by bobafett321 on November 25th, 2021, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
oidoglr liked this
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 5:10 am The red tape of licensing is always one of the most annoying things as a fan - you have Funko POPS that, IMO, are the ugliest, most generic things to ever come into toys yet they can do ANYTHING from just about any franchise, I guess because of their cartoony nature?
The POP figures get around a lot of licensing issues because they highly stylized and not direct likenesses of the actors.

Also fun fact: look at all Star Wars and Marvel POP figures: Star Wars POPs always come attached to a base and Marvel ones are always done as bobble heads. This is because Hasbro has the master toy license for both and Funko cant legally make action figures, so they have to be different than what Hasbro would make. Hence the stand and bobble feature! A great example of what can and cant be done under a licensing agreement.
Spidon, deadderek liked this
bobafett321 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 1:23 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:31 am How well is the Mack’s proton pack turning out? Is it something I can wait 3 years for and just buy all at once for a new as first built screen accurate pack?

I'm not sure. I believe a Mack's shell alone is $300.00.
Actually, it's $395.99.

https://macksfactory.myshopify.com/coll ... k-body-kit
bobafett321 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 3:48 pm
kahuna900 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 2:38 pm Actually, it's $395.99.

https://macksfactory.myshopify.com/coll ... k-body-kit
Ouch......
Yeah, I'm totally rethinking my commitment... Thinking about selling the parts I've already acquired and moving on.
GhostFaceX liked this
I'm not expecting us to reach the stand. This is very promising. I don't expect them to change any unlock goals but perhaps maybe they'll add a few more incentives if we get 15,000 before the deadline hits. Like changing the release date, or sending the packs out early to the backers.
Hi all. I've got my order in for one of these packs and have been looking round for a spengler wand to go with it. But I see that they're all on pre order with an expected date of either June or December next year. (depending on where you look) This got me thinking. What is the likely hood of Hasbro bringing out a modified wand that connects to the pack differently and properly synchronises the sounds etc? Could that be why the pre order date for something which has already been released once, be so far away? It's certainly not without precedent. (Think about the xbox 360 and the kinect)

Cheers!

Rik,
ProtonPack83, One time liked this
Two other questions with multiple parts:

1) since this is the only neutrona wand most of us will have, and proton pack, how comfortable are you with the inaccuracies? Do you feel like “each prop was different and some were even foam so mine just looks unique”, or are you upset it’s no 100% screen accurate? Do you pretend (we’re all pretending) you’re a unique hire of the GB company, or do you pretend you’re a specific GB?

2) Just kind of wondering how many are hoping they do an original 84 neutrona wand say in 2023? Just kind of harping on this but I want an original look and don’t feel like modifying the Plasma Egon wand. I like the wood handle, and I can pretend Egon put them on all his proton packs, but it kind of sticks out.

Also just rewatched the tested video again. I REALLY hope they fix the hose. Otherwise it’s going to be super obvious. The black part is just way too thin. The green part looks too inflexible. I hope that green part is removable.
ProtonPack83 liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:28 am Two other questions with multiple parts:

1) since this is the only neutrona wand most of us will have, and proton pack, how comfortable are you with the inaccuracies? Do you feel like “each prop was different and some were even foam so mine just looks unique”, or are you upset it’s no 100% screen accurate? Do you pretend (we’re all pretending) you’re a unique hire of the GB company, or do you pretend you’re a specific GB?

2) Just kind of wondering how many are hoping they do an original 84 neutrona wand say in 2023? Just kind of harping on this but I want an original look and don’t feel like modifying the Plasma Egon wand. I like the wood handle, and I can pretend Egon put them on all his proton packs, but it kind of sticks out.

Also just rewatched the tested video again. I REALLY hope they fix the hose. Otherwise it’s going to be super obvious. The black part is just way too thin. The green part looks too inflexible. I hope that green part is removable.
Things like these will never be 100% accurate, at least not at these "affordable" prices.
deadderek liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:28 am Two other questions with multiple parts:

Things like these are never 100% accurate. There were many reasons for this, one of them keeping the cost down
deadderek liked this
GhostFaceX wrote: November 26th, 2021, 6:28 am Also just rewatched the tested video again. I REALLY hope they fix the hose. Otherwise it’s going to be super obvious. The black part is just way too thin. The green part looks too inflexible. I hope that green part is removable.
Maybe watch it one more time to hear him say that what you are seeing is not the final hose...
timeware wrote: November 26th, 2021, 2:44 am I'm not expecting us to reach the stand. This is very promising. I don't expect them to change any unlock goals but perhaps maybe they'll add a few more incentives if we get 15,000 before the deadline hits. Like changing the release date, or sending the packs out early to the backers.
I was thinking the same but then Adam Savage put out that video and the daily backers numbers started getting stronger...its possible now if they stay strong...and this is not taking any more possible spikes that are coming from Zavii, Last minute sale spikes etc.
deadderek liked this

I've been talking up an 84' wand for weeks now - it seems pretty inevitable to me. They already have the build for the 84' in the Spengler wand if they just switch out the grips and make the emitter a little less long (that thing is gigantic) and obviously adjust the details accordingly. One thing I like about Hasbro's is that they used metal switches unlike the Matty, which uses plastic ones. They always felt brittle to me, but I love the Matty wand and it does exactly what it needs to.

Either way, I think they are at least going to come out with a wand that interacts better with the pack itself (or has the ability to) outside of using regular batteries to power its features. I highly doubt Hasbro is gonna stay on this Spengler stuff forever - it's literally ONE wand in the sea of original 84' stuff and the GB2 wands where the packs hardly changed, so they've got 2 full movies of use vs. one for one single character. I'm also ALL about a Slime Blower (highly doubt they'd ever do it though, sadly).
GhostFaceX, One time liked this
ProtonPack83 wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:24 pm

I've been talking up an 84' wand for weeks now - it seems pretty inevitable to me. They already have the build for the 84' in the Spengler wand if they just switch out the grips and make the emitter a little less long (that thing is gigantic) and obviously adjust the details accordingly. One thing I like about Hasbro's is that they used metal switches unlike the Matty, which uses plastic ones. They always felt brittle to me, but I love the Matty wand and it does exactly what it needs to.

Either way, I think they are at least going to come out with a wand that interacts better with the pack itself (or has the ability to) outside of using regular batteries to power its features. I highly doubt Hasbro is gonna stay on this Spengler stuff forever - it's literally ONE wand in the sea of original 84' stuff and the GB2 wands where the packs hardly changed, so they've got 2 full movies of use vs. one for one single character. I'm also ALL about a Slime Blower (highly doubt they'd ever do it though, sadly).

As nice as Hasbro making an '84 pack would be, we really need to quit talking about it, especially in this thread.

At this point in time, it's not in the cards for Hasbro as another company already has the licensing for the 84 pack
Dragonfire82877, Ryusui, THawke and 4 others liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]