So the release date on Amazon has been put as 31st January which is ideal for me as i am off work that week so will pre-order soon.
What are the chances of them showing us one of the unseen deleted scenes from GB2 prior to release date or the details of each deleted scene info being put online soon?
Bobson Dugnutt wrote: January 5th, 2022, 11:21 pmSeems a little ridiculous when its going for 99USD in store and such.
Don't expect it to stay so low forever, it was marked a lot higher (closer to the UK price) not too long ago.

Given the film's only been out for five or so days in Australia, it's going to be around April for the Australian DVD/Blu-Ray release.
By UEF
I posted this in the Afterlife thread, but it appears from the amazon photos that the US and UK are different at least somewhat. Also, is the glowing trap exclusive to Walmart? None of the non-Walmart sites show it glowing

Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 7th, 2022, 12:01 pm Bring on the fan edits of GBII.

Sherm looks great.

Possessed Ray would be incredible all these decades after reading about it in the novelisation and comic.
19 deleted scenes, I think we're getting a bulk of the deleted material.

I've already started on my own fan edit! I never saw myself doing one, but if it's as comprehensive as I think it's going to be, I'm diving in head-first. I had the assembly cut on my mind throughout the lockdown. The score was released, now 19 scenes, plus a few other bits I'm sitting on.

The planets aligned.

Lord Vigo reached out through the ether and said, "Have fun, buddy." :love:
d_osborn wrote: January 7th, 2022, 12:18 pm
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 7th, 2022, 12:01 pm Bring on the fan edits of GBII.

Sherm looks great.

Possessed Ray would be incredible all these decades after reading about it in the novelisation and comic.
19 deleted scenes, I think we're getting a bulk of the deleted material.

I've already started on my own fan edit! I never saw myself doing one, but if it's as comprehensive as I think it's going to be, I'm diving in head-first. I had the assembly cut on my mind throughout the lockdown. The score was released, now 19 scenes, plus a few other bits I'm sitting on.

The planets aligned.

Lord Vigo reached out through the ether and said, "Have fun, buddy." :love:
What about the scenes that have FX? Would you be doing them yourself or leaving it as is?

Honestly? The biggest mistake Ivan made was not including the line about Dana wondering why this was happening to her again. That acknowledgment and Egon’s “answer” would save so much of the criticism. What was he thinking? In writing terms they were “lampshade hanging” and they 1000% needed to include it.

If I had to guess the reason why the Ray possessed bit was cut…I’m thinking Dan’s performance might be the answer. When he goes broad…he goes broad. And the “No I’m going to kill EVERYONE” line…it’ll be interesting to see. Only 24 more days!
RichardLess wrote: January 7th, 2022, 12:31 pm What about the scenes that have FX? Would you be doing them yourself or leaving it as is?
Some as is, but it really just depends. As much as I love learning about the stuff, I'm not super interested in finishing out FX, or even making something super polished. I want to see something more representative of an assembly cut. Warts won't bother me as long as the footage is all there and accounted for. I don't want to recreate any missing dialogue or footage.

I do have a few fun things I'm playing with, though.
Ecto24601 wrote: January 7th, 2022, 1:16 pm My resource for deleted scenes from the first two movies was always spookcentral, but that Sherman Tully snippet we see there is not even listed?!
My resources for deleted scenes are production scripts and call sheets. I posted a GB2 scene list earlier in this thread that I believe to be pretty definitive, including the first Sherman scene (spotted in the promo). :love:

Spook Central has several script scans. Later scripts dated Feb 89 are pretty well what we should be getting with the deleted scenes.
mrmichaelt wrote:
azza200 wrote:Is the preview cut of Ghostbusters the version that got shown to test audiences?
Yes, that is correct. Paul at Spook Central was able to verify that with Sony marketing.
Was Paul able to get any info regarding GB2 deleted scene lists?
d_osborn wrote: Was Paul able to get any info regarding GB2 deleted scene lists?
No, he hasn't. I guess there's some things they're still holding close to the vest. We've had preview clips this week and there's 4 weeks or so until the release day so... maybe more info will pop up this month.
azza200 wrote: January 8th, 2022, 9:08 am I expect we will finally see this scene too
This lab shot is sort of an unscripted mystery, to be honest! I'm hoping it's a big, unscripted improvisation bit.

From what I gather, the scene was shot with along with the Firehouse B-Roll of the GBs and Janine at work. Ivan described this stuff as "connective tissue" at Fan Fest, and I really hope we see more of it. Much like the shots from the first movie of Egon tinkering with a trap, Ray drinking a beer while "proton charging" or whatever.

I really hope we see more of the 1A inside the firehouse. The smoking trap shot with Janine is soooooo cool.
mrmichaelt, azza200, Kingpin liked this
d_osborn wrote: January 8th, 2022, 2:29 pm
From what I gather, the scene was shot with along with the Firehouse B-Roll of the GBs and Janine at work. Ivan described this stuff as "connective tissue" at Fan Fest, and I really hope we see more of it. Much like the shots from the first movie of Egon tinkering with a trap, Ray drinking a beer while "proton charging" or whatever.

I really hope we see more of the 1A inside the firehouse. The smoking trap shot with Janine is soooooo cool.
Agreed, I think it's part of the first montage, too. Something to show Ray and Egon experimenting on the slime after the shots of them collecting it in the city and before the scene where they demo it to Peter and Winston.
azza200 liked this
The GB1 preview cut looks to be sourced from the same master that the 1999 deleted scenes were taken from, judging by the dirt, damage and quality of the video. Could be a new scan/transfer of those old materials, but just looks to be some simple colour and cleanup work done to whatever was done in 99.

deadderek, Kingpin liked this
UEF wrote: January 7th, 2022, 4:11 am I posted this in the Afterlife thread, but it appears from the amazon photos that the US and UK are different at least somewhat. Also, is the glowing trap exclusive to Walmart? None of the non-Walmart sites show it glowing

That’s a fine looking boxset! Glad I pre-ordered 2!
azza200 liked this
By UEF
Bobson Dugnutt wrote: January 8th, 2022, 6:12 pm The GB1 preview cut looks to be sourced from the same master that the 1999 deleted scenes were taken from, judging by the dirt, damage and quality of the video. Could be a new scan/transfer of those old materials, but just looks to be some simple colour and cleanup work done to whatever was done in 99.

In one of the Jason/Adam videos recently Jason shows a Betamax tape of the/a preview cut, so maybe it's from that.
azza200 liked this
Its great that after all these years of countless re-releases of GB2 that Sony finally opened up the vaults and are giving us so many unseen deleted scenes some which are hopefully holy grail scenes & ones we have not heard of before 1 we have already seen. Hopefully we get the complete uncut Ray Possessed footage, the presentation by the Statue Of Liberty.
mrmichaelt liked this

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]