By mydmc5898
I'm building a 5th proton pack for another friend this year. We also have a slime blower that was made up two weeks before Halloween one year... Kind of a loaner prop now.
So I have torn it apart and have been rebuilding it and trying to get it better and more screen accurate. Still the blower is a budget so it isn't going to be great. But I want to put some LEDs inside the gun, and the two green tanks. I was going to do this with about 12 LEDs, but I have no idea how to successfully wire them up... last time they popped... and man did it hurt.
Would anyone be able to help me come up with a simple on off circuit? I could read schematics. I'm a little dumb when it comes to math...

I was going to run five lights in the blower gun. the last one being at the end to light up pink.
With a battery and toggle switch mounted under the black box on the gun

Two lights in the green tank.
And the last 5 in the bar graph and side of the green tank.
With the battery and toggle switch on the MB.

Thanks in advance,
Darryl
By GhostGuy
First you need to decide what voltage you're going to run them on.

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Go to that site. Enter that voltage for SOURCE VOLTAGE.
For DIODE FORWARD VOLTAGE enter 2.1, that'll be close enough.
For DIODE FORWARD CURRENT enter 20.
And for LEDS IN YOUR ARRAY enter 12.

Then select WIRING DIAGRAM.

You can just stick one resistor on each LED if you want and forget the series/parralel wiring and just wire them all in parallel. That would probably be easiest if you are going to have indvidual LEDs in different parts of the blower. If you want to know what value to use for that just enter 1 for number of leds in the array and it will tell you what resistor you need.
By jackdoud
You just want lights that blink? Buy some blinking LEDs, cheapest and easiest thing to do.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2117837

One of those, a 9v battery and a 200-300 ohm resistor and you've got a blinking LED. Just copy it in parallel for however many you want, just don't do more than 12-15 unless you use a bigger/more batteries.
By mydmc5898
Hey guys, sorry it took so long to get back. I used that page and it was big help! A guy who works with me is going to use the Slime Blower this year, so he did most of the lights on it. I'm going to make a few more props as well using that page.
I really appreciate the help guys!
Thank you!
-Darryl
abaddon5 liked this
By erum
That sounds about right but I would say go with what looks visually right , just like with leg hose and thrower hose lengths,is it varies with the persons height?

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]