Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
By Alex Newborn
New video!

From my improv comedy troupe's "Zombie Fun Day" the Saturday before Hallowe'en.

No, I did NOT hurt the tarantula.

It's an editorial sleight of hand. I painted it into the two frames before the slap.

Alex
By Donkey8012
You're braver than I am. Spiders creep me out man.
By Donkey8012
Yet again, I manage to sound like Larry the Cable Guy on video.

I told you that Oak Hills was crazy on Halloween!
By Alex Newborn
Donkey8012 wrote:Yet again, I manage to sound like Larry the Cable Guy on video.
The more you hear recordings of yourself, the more that changes. I recently found a clip from 1992 where I was interviewed on TV-15 about a children's play I was in, and I was surprised at the twang I didn't even realize I had back then.
I told you that Oak Hills was crazy on Halloween!
But a good kind of crazy!

~~~

The editing of this next video took a back seat to my Summer of '89 video project, so it's a bit overdue...

Alex
By Alex Newborn
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Sometimes you get really odd hits on your Saved Searches on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

I think maybe they meant 'terrier'... at least I hope that's the explanation.

Alex
So how long have I been a Ghostbusters-quoting fanboy?

Well, since at least October 18, 1998...

Sorry, but when they set me up like that, I just have to take it.

Alex
I don't recall, it may have been a mornng show. We shot the clip at night. My Dad went with me, and I mentioned he had been in television in Chicago, so they let him sit in the booth. Good thing, too, because he caught that they had misspelled my name on the graphic and asked them how hard it would be to "fix the slide". In his day, superimposed captions were painted on glass slides! The technical director punched up the graphic on the computer and instantly changed the spelling with a few keystrokes, and to my Dad this was a magical miracle.

The interviewer was a classmate of mine, had heard me talking to my Radio-TV-Film professor about getting a copy of the script for GB2 in the mail the same day the movie opened, and asked if I wanted to be a guest on the show. I am ashamed to admit, I have totally forgotten her name, and it's not mentioned in this remaining portion of the interview.

I had also forgotten the name of the TV station, but my friend John was over here while I was uploading it, and he recalled it as WTRT. "Tennessee River Television" if I have the call letters right. Their studios overlooked the river right across from where my first house stood. Funnily enough, that building is now a suite of doctor's offices, and my when my wife had to have reconstructive surgery to her eye following a fall back in March, that's where she went.

There's a splice in the show to cover a tape running out. They found a good edit point and had us start over and say everything over from that spot. It's at the closeup of the comic book cover. My Dad was convinced they were editing out the previous take where I had used the word "screwed", LOL.

Alex
By egie
Thats really cool! The information on your collection is very interesting.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Alex Newborn
"How is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?"

I had not been to Elvis Presley's birthplace in Tupelo, MS since I was a very small child, but thanks to Donkey8012 (on the right) I have now been there dressed as a Ghostbuster, and arrived in an Ecto to boot!

A real high-point of a very fun day-long road-trip to participate in a Ghostbusters Quote-Along screening at the Link Centre in Tupelo.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
I went to my parents' attic today hoping to find my sisters' old Ouija board, since I am pretty sure they had the exact same board design used as set dressing in Peter's apartment in Ghostbusters 2.

No luck on the Ouija board, but I did find a 9-pack of Hi-C Ecto Cooler which was pristine aside from the fact I drank the contents long ago.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Random memory...

I was about 21 years old, so this would have been 1991, and several of us college drama majors had been asked to a nearby high school to critique their competition piece. Afterwards, this high school girl told me I reminded her of Peter Venkman from the Real Ghostbusters.

Mind you, this was how my hair looked back then:

~~~

Paternal pride...

My 10-year-old son drew this at school today:

And this was on the flip side:

Not realizing this was game-specific, I thought he had mis-labelled Ray twice, so I asked him who each letter represented.

He replied, "Rookie, Ray, Egon, and Peter."

I asked, "Where's Winston?"

And he said, "At the opera."

Alex
I found something much easier to dress as than a Ghostbuster!

I already had everything on hand... even the color of the walls in my house was right

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Okay, so normally I'm a Ghostbuster.

Last night, I was a Ghost. The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Be.

Scrooge, Marley, and the ghosts. I'm the tall one in back.

This fulfilled a theatrical desire of mine since December of 1988, when I saw an impressive stilt-walking 9-foot-tall version of this character in the Alabama Shakespeare Festival production in Montgomery... the same week that I saw Scrooged in theatres!

I don't have any footage from the show itself, this is from afterwards...

The event was a dinner theatre version of A Christmas Carol called the Dickens Feast, held in an historic railroad roundhouse in Tuscumbia AL. Our "Sticky Wickets" improv comedy troupe was tapped to play the characters, since there was a large amount of interaction with the guests and no way to know the specific timing of scenes until the caterers got everyone served.

The costume is by the same guy who built the Audrey II puppets for my 2012 production of Little Shop of Horrors. (Notice the recurring Bill Murray connections?)

It doesn't have stilts, my feet are on the ground, but the head and clavicle of the costume are high above my own head, attached to a bicycle helmet. The fake arm-bones of the costume attach to my real wrists and hands, while my real arms pass through the draped sleeves and into the inside.

If you look at my friend Adam as Marley in the group shot (white makeup and chains), he's about four inches taller than me, so my real height would be slightly below his.

We had a total blast doing this. I also played another character in the beginning, a waiter who Scrooge fired for dropping a tray. The audience actually felt bad for me when that happened. Then when the Ghost of Christmas Present (played by Amber, who was also my Audrey in LSOH 2012) comes to show Scrooge what the world would be like without him, the waiter character reappeared, humming "I'm in the money" with a shirt pocket stuffed full of tips. I commented, "I am making BANK tonight!" and Scrooge says, "I thought I fired him!" It got a bigger laugh than I expected, I think just because they were relieved to see the poor waiter have a happy ending.

I got home and a friend from high school, who I didn't realize was in attendance, had messaged me on FB saying, "You shouldn't have dropped that tray. You made that little angry man mad." LOL He went on to say, "Looked for you later, but didn't see you." I replied, "Did you know I was also the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Be?" (I had kept that costume on for the rest of the night.) He'd actually had his picture made with me before he left, not realizing I was in that costume.

I had very little visibility under it all, especially after the last-minute addition of a blackout mask to better hide my real face meant I couldn't wear my glasses, since they instantly fogged from my trapped breath. So Mark had no clue he was posing with me, and I had no clue I was posing with Mark. Very cool that we figured that out later.

Alex
By Morydees
Oh man that's too funny, right into the ceiling fan :D

I have to say, I'm super envious of that costume given how tall it is! One of my past projects was a Grim Reaper build but being a not-so-tall 5'9", I'd always get a lot of "shouldn't Death be taller?" comments. I'm not sure I have the dexterity for stilts so if I had it to do over again I may have gone with the raised head...but I really wanted to be able to see out of the eyes/mask. Like you said, it can be rough identifying people when hiding behind an all black neck cover. So in the end, I just ended up being a short version of Death (video).

For what it's worth, I did run into similar issues with glasses fogging up but I used some anti-fog wipes from Amazon that worked pretty well. I bought like 20 packages in bulk and I'd re-apply it every hour or two but it kept the breath fog to a minimum. If you ever do it again, you might consider those.
By Alex Newborn
Ooh, great suggestion. I never heard of those.

Just took this pic before I have to return the costume...

"Well, Mr. S., I caught at least three so far. That's probably all of them."

Merry Christmas!
Alex

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]