Write a quick introduction to introduce yourself.
Greetings y’all,

Hello from the haunted Southwest.

I’ve been a lurker for a while, and I’m happy to finally make the dive and jump into the forums for real.

Ghostbusters completely blew my 8-year-old mind. I lived and breathed Ghostbusters for a good chunk of my young life. Toys, birthday parties, Halloween costume I wore all the year, soundtrack constantly playing on my Walkman, and a self-made ‘fan club’, you name it, I was all about the Ghostbusters. God my parents hated that movie, at least after I played it the first 50 times or so. Did you know VHS cassettes can wear out?

When the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles became a thing few years later, I still had Ghostbusters on the brain, and vacillated between fantasies of epic Mutant Ninja Ghostbusters team ups, and passionately arguing how the Ghostbusters were inherently superior to all ninjas, mutant or otherwise, and would just proton stream Shredder into a smoking pile of bubbling goo and molten cutlery.

And then, you know, I grew up or something, whatever the hell that means. Angst and zits I suppose. Moved on to other stuff. Ghostbusters was my gateway drug, but I eventually got over my tunnel vision and discovered that there were actually other movies and fandoms in the world. Got obsessed with Beetlejuice, Gremlins, Evil Dead 2, D&D (in the weird era of Patricia Pulling no less), so forth, so on. You know, all the hard stuff that Ghostbusters addiction leads to. Left the GB toys in the toybox, then a cardboard box in the garage, then eventually gave them away (kill me now). Didn’t give a thought to Ghostbusters for a long, long time.

Fast-forward a few decades, I’m stuck home due to a plague going on outside and whatnot, Steam had a great deal on the remastered Ghostbusters videogame, so why not?. F me, that game was freaking AWESOME, I wish it had been a movie. Many sleepless hours later, bloodshot eyes glazed from an overdose of nostalgia and fan service, I realized my life had gone all wrong. I had tragically forgotten my Ghostbusting roots, my first true fandom. I re-watched the movies (man, they aged well), and watched the new one (not saying what I thought either way, not jumping into that particular civil war, nope, nuh uh). Waiting eagerly for Afterlife. Bought the Spengler Neutrona wand, it’s awesome. Weeped bitter tears of sorrow that I missed out on all the Mattel replicas.

My friends tell me I need a project to keep me busy while I am cooped up. Apparently I am getting a bit wierd. Thought about collecting spores, molds, and fungus, housemate vetoed me. Instead, I have decided to make myself a Ghostbusting uniform (first movie I think) and a proton pack. Not for Halloween, but just because my life is incomplete without these things.

I look foward to being a part of your community.

tl;dr – Rambling tongue ‘n cheek intro. Liked Ghostbusters as a kid, recently rediscovered my Ghostbusters fandom. It’s good to be back, nice to meet you all.
robbritton liked this

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]