Post pics of work in progress or to your fan art here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By WShawn
Hi:

Here's a piece I worked up for an 8' x 5' vinyl banner to hang at select appearances by the Portland Ghostbusters.

I built the scene in Cinema 4D, rendered with the Arnold renderer. The 96" x 60" piece took around 7 hours to render at 100 dpi on a Dual Xeon HP workstation. I composited and enhanced some elements in Adobe After Effects. This is based on the iconic (for Portland) White Stag sign at the west end of the Burnside Bridge.

History of the sign:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3jVlpSGYpA&t=3s

I repurposed the sign model and building from a political spot I worked on in 2013, updating the materials for Arnold. I've included some Easter Eggs in the lit rooms. I found the Slimer and Terror Dog models online on a 3D printing repository (credit to Adam Beamish, Mustang Dave, and Geoffro). I ran a polygon reduction on both of those dense models. I modeled Mr. Stay Puft from scratch as I couldn't find any accurate versions online. I found a nice turntable video of an accurate Stay Puft figure from Bandai that served as a good reference, and I think he's pretty close to the 1984 original.

The Portland Ghostbusters logo/patch was designed by Jason Groschopf 5-6 years ago; I modeled it in 3D to evoke the White Stag element of the real sign. I applied an Arnold volume shader to a sort of expanded torus for the cloud vortex.

I had a contact at HP who arranged to get this and a big Vigo printed gratis, and I had to rush to complete this before I took a short vacation after Labor Day, putting around 30 hours into it so the banners would be ready for the Rose City Comic Con, September 13-15. After getting an extension I put ten more hours into it, detailing the rooms and adding slime to the water tower. I didn't have time to refine that as much as I would have liked, but overall I'm pretty happy with this. It was nice to put my skills towards a personal project rather than having to satisfy a client.

At some point I hope to play around with animating this scene to create a little video.

Cheers.

Shawn Marshall
Portland, OR (duh)
Kingpin, NotSabbat liked this

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]