the franchise wouldn't be alive if it wasnt for people like yourself and your crew making these fan films for us hardcore fans and kindeling new fans. your welcome for our support just get us the movie already!!!! lol j/k but seriously hury up
By zeta otaku
yes... you're toying with the patience of a bunch of people who play dress up based on a movie from the early 80s. Obviously, there is something wrong with us. Do you REALLY want to whip a bunch of guys from the internet with various levels of mental instability into a frenzied mob? :D
By Sketch
Well guys, we can't deny it any longer... as much as we wish that we could throw this thing up by the Halloween mark; we're afraid it's beyond our abilities to deliver with the busy halloween schedule I am sure that each of us as Ghostbusters are familiar with, full-time jobs, fall semester and working doubles to make back all of the money put into this production.
But just like all sacrifices, we can promise everyone that this one will be a huge pay-off. We are focusing all of our free-time on the quality of post-production rather than racing to deliver you what I can guarantee would be a botch job.

We have several videos on their way to wet your appetites before 'Chronicles' is released and hundreds of photos! So please, don't mob us yet, Zeta and try not to lose your faith in us Ray. Like you said, we really wouldn't be here if it weren't for this incredible franchise and all of the fans that keep it alive! So please don't give up on us and we promise that we won't give up on you guys!

No poster this week. Just three new photos and a first good look at the SLC Ghostbusters doing what they do best.... stalling and hoping that 'someone else will go first....'

Screenshot 10
"Hey guys... what are all these people looking at?!?!..."

Behind the Scenes 4
We couldn't be more grateful to our HUGE list of crew and cast members!!!

Screenshot 11
The infamous Legion's Cathedral.... so famous, that it's IN.. famous
All our thanks!

- The SLC Crew
By Sketch
Top-notch comix wrote:A new three-stooges moment?... Yusss... I may have found my next art class project.
Yeah, I think you're guaranteed a few of those kinda moments in 'Chronicles'. Anyway, we had the absolute pleasure this past monday to get pickups in the town of Eureka for our Headquarter's exterior. It was my first time there in person and a nice return for Mavric. Enjoy this week's release!!!

Locations 3

Screenshot 12

Lucky Screenshot Number 13
Jon, you do what you and the boys have got to do. Take your time, let this movie cook cook until she's finished, and blow us away like we all know you will. Real life responsibilities should always take precedent over Ghostbusters stuff, and I'm sure the extra time will result in another standard-raising fan film, just like SLC Episode 1.

With that being said, I can't wait to see some of these extra videos we've talked about over the past few months. 2011 has been a quiet year for fan films compared to 2010, hasn't it?
although i am disappointed in the recent announcement i am also humbled to see so much love and compassion into a fan film. LIFE happens do what needs to be done. recent events do not change the fact that i really want to see this episode. keep up the good work and updates!
By Sketch
Foom Man wrote:I'm sure the extra time will result in another standard-raising fan film, just like SLC Episode 1.

With that being said, I can't wait to see some of these extra videos we've talked about over the past few months. 2011 has been a quiet year for fan films compared to 2010, hasn't it?
Thanks Kevin. And Thank 'you' Ray. I know Chronicles would never have happened without Scott and that inspiration he created with the pilot episode. We owe it all to him, Hank Braxton, Jason and the rest of the 911 guys, Federico, Massimo and the rest of the Italy team, you (Kevin), along with Jonny, Patrick and countless others...
Either way, it'd be hard to compare ANY year to 2010 since I consider that as the centerpiece to Ghostbuster fan films; and I expect that placing to hold.
sietsema02 wrote:I know you guys wont be disapoint us like the whole Ghostbusters Generations movie that still hasn't been released.
Now, after pre-production and the filming of Chronicles, I can already attest to the efforts of Eddie and the rest of the Generations guys. There were times during the filming of Chronicles where I stood back and wondered if we would ever finish.
It always seems simple enough when it is in writing- but the instant we set out to find new locations, knowing we would have to build a set and film spacious night shoots, everything seemed incredibly ambitious.
I am incredibly greatful to Scott, Wess, newcomer Laine Shapiro, our director of photography Casey Wilson, and everyone that could see the dream and helped fight for this to happen.

I only hope that Generations will have the same kind of support. I, like you, understand that I am not the only one out there who is DYING to see it... ;)
ok, not much to do with Episode 2, but I've been VERY curious about this:

what did you guys use for the ghost trap holster Sketch used in the first episode? I love the look of it and I want to use it for my Matty ghost trap :D
By Sketch
zeta otaku wrote:ok, not much to do with Episode 2, but I've been VERY curious about this:

what did you guys use for the ghost trap holster Sketch used in the first episode? I love the look of it and I want to use it for my Matty ghost trap :D
No problem man, ask away!
We used a nylon thigh holster; and I want to say that it is an "Elite Systems Taser Thigh Holster"- http://www.opticsplanet.net/elite-survi ... 515-b.html
.. however, I could be wrong, so I am going to defer to Silver on this... He found the place and we each ordered one through him. You will actually see Mavric wear the same thing briefly throughout episode 2 (which has absolutely 'nothing' to do with me getting sick of carrying it 24/7 in episode 1 :mrgreen:)
Hey guys,
Don't worry about not getting it up by Halloween, believe me, I understand full time job problems. If I may ask, who does all your FX work or is that more then one person? Is that the main problem with getting it up in time?
Thanks a ton for the info. last question on this:

Were any modifications made to the holster?:D
Sketch wrote:
zeta otaku wrote:ok, not much to do with Episode 2, but I've been VERY curious about this:

No problem man, ask away!
We used a nylon thigh holster; and I want to say that it is an "Elite Systems Taser Thigh Holster"- http://www.opticsplanet.net/elite-survi ... 515-b.html
.. however, I could be wrong, so I am going to defer to Silver on this... He found the place and we each ordered one through him. You will actually see Mavric wear the same thing briefly throughout episode 2 (which has absolutely 'nothing' to do with me getting sick of carrying it 24/7 in episode 1 :mrgreen:)
im willing to give you guys until valentines day 2014, thats when the world will end (according to GB2)
By Sketch
Ray Stanz GB wrote:im willing to give you guys until valentines day 2014, thats when the world will end (according to GB2)
.. Ray, until gbfans adds the feature where we can 'like' certain comments or posts, I'm keeping my eye on that statement.
zeta otaku wrote:Were any modifications made to the holster?:D
Some slight alterations were made, but nothing more than moving a strap from 'here to there', so no sowing was involved. We had to expand the holster and the velcro around the trap almost as far as they could go to support it.
In comparison, there appears to be slight differences in the model, so I will get more specifications (i.e. , not to mention a hi-res photo of the holster in exploded view next chance I get a look at Scott's. By then, we should also have a matty trap to give some better estimates.
Are you trying to get this done for Halloween, or just in general?
MotherPussBucket wrote:who does all your FX work or is that more then one person? Is that the main problem with getting it up in time?
Scott is already working with some guys that we know and trust to respect the accuracy of the proton streams and possibly others on the further FX that you will see in Chronicles. This is something that Scott is directing at this time, and I trust his judgement on the proton streams beyond that of my own .
But at this stage, our focus is still on scene editing and some color corrections. It is coming together quite nicely and Scott continually assures me of his confidence in a planned holiday release...
zeta otaku wrote:Were any modifications made to the holster?:D
No. The gun holster has velcro in multiple places that allows it to open wider or be tightened down depending on the size of your weapon. The same leg holster is used for the Ghost Traps AND the PKE meter, just tightened to different levels. On the ghost trap, the second strap designed to wrap around the leg is actually wrapped around the trap to keep it secure in the holster when using the heavier traps. (Discovered by Mavric) The trap in the image below weighs about 1.2 pounds, so it stays secure with just the velcro straps. If you watch in the movie you can tell when the heavier trap is being used due to the extra leg strap. (I recommend it to be safe)

Sketch wrote:
In comparison, there appears to be slight differences in the model...
There are left and right leg holsters that are mirror images of each other.
awesome guys, thanks :D

this is just a general thing I wanna do. while I like to be as movie accurate as possible, it's a PAIN IN THE ASS to sit in a car in uniform with the current holster I have as the aluminum backing digs into my leg, so any alternative holster, I'm looking into and, well, the one that you guys used in SLC.

glad it won't require me to undo any stitching are add any... I SUCK with that kind of thing.
By Sketch
Props 5
"I'm doing the most important thing we can do all day... I'm fillin' out the bill!"
(Photo and prop, courtesy of Wess Roberts)

Screenshot 19

Screenshot 20
Something lurks in the dark...
Hey Guys. When can we expect episode 2 to be released? Im excitedly and anxiously awaiting this film.The first film was very well done and Im glad you guys kept it G, or at least PG. Haha. Where can I download the first episode? I could get it off youtube but Im hoping for the complete film in one download and not 4 segments. Ghostbusters of SLC, keep up the excellent work.
MotherPussBucket: If you're looking to get into an in-depth discussion on the Physical Effects (Lighting, Props, ect) Mavric or Sketch would be excellent sources to PM, and they love to chat. If you want to talk about Special Effects in post, PM me.

Ghostengineer: Currently episode 1 is only available on youtube as far as I know. However, I have plans to put up the complete episode soon for download as well as releasing a special edition with updated effects, deleted scenes and outtakes once episode 2 is complete. If I were you, I'd wait for that edition available in February.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]