roopjm wrote:This podcast is one of the exceptional examples of superb fan made content!

Along with the multiple web-series and shorts that are out right now, it's an exciting time to be a Ghostbuster fan!

Thanks for such a fantastic job!
Thanks, roopjm! We're always happy to get feedback from our fellow ghostheads. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Halfway through season 2 now. Keep disturbing the other people at Starbucks by laughing out loud at what's coming through my headphones. This is fantastic and I already can't wait for season 3. :)

Out of curiosity, do you have the likenesses and names/bios of the characters/players anywhere? I know there's the banner, but the names are only visible on some of the Busters, and other characters like Doug, Nina, and Tobin aren't in the promotional art. And Matasm's art usually focuses on the monsters, for reasons of looking awesome. I'd just like to be able to put faces to some of the names and voices, if I can.
Seven wrote:Nerdy Show has been dying to get some photos of everyone in costume, but right now only Poole has a flight suit. I'll try to find some appropriate photos, and make a little "visual guide" for our everyone.
Just an idea, but you seem to have a very talented artist friend doing the titles for you. I don't know anything about him or how busy he is or anything but... Maybe he could help, if he had time.

I know you can get a lot of mileage out of never showing your characters faces (see Nightvale) but your guys are actual real people, so I just feel like they should have faces, as well as names.

I seriously love this podcast and already can't wait for season 3. :)
The Rookie wrote:Finally caught up with this podcast today. You guys rock! Can't wait for the epilogue then season 3! You've made "punching ghosts in their stupid faces" one of my personal goals.
Thanks! We also can't wait to see more adventures of the Alabama Ghostbusters! :cool:

We hope to get the epilogue out before Christmas, and the fan requested episode soon after. Things always get busy this time of year.

In the meantime, our franchise kits are back in stock!

Has anyone played their own game yet? If so, did you use any of our new rules or equipment? We'd love to know!
M.Thunder liked this

Episode 17: Epilogue

After saving the world from the clutches of two very miffed European evils, the Central Florida Ghostbusters are eager to get Stateside. They head to New York to meet up with Ghostbusters HQ, debrief, and decompress. But there’s never a dull moment for the boys in beige – Briggs’ date is kidnapped in broad daylight! The Ghostbusters soon find themselves in very big trouble with little time to spare.

Season 2 has been one heck of a ride. Although the main storyline is over (for now), we still have one fan funded episode left. Thanks to all of you who have kept coming back each time. We hope you've enjoyed it. :-D
Wow guys! Truly awesome topper to the season. Not only an awesome crossover episode, but really fun to hear Ray teaming up with the Florida crew. Awesome campaign and I am rooting for another season from you guys. You guys are very creative when it come to the direction your adventures go. Thanks for 2 terrific seasons. :):):)

Ghostbusters 2 Film Commentary

With the Ghostbusters reboot on the horizon, there’s been a lot of fear and anger online. Mean tweets. “Ruined childhoods”. It all seems so disheartening. But we just can’t believe things have gotten so bad in this fandom that there’s no way back. Sure, reboots are messy, controversial, and there are some people who would just as soon judge it without seeing so much as a teaser poster. But come on! There’s gotta be a few sparks of sweet humanity left in this burned-out berg. We just gotta find a way to mobilize it! Something that appeals to the best in each and every one of us. Something good. Something decent. Something pure. :love:

Episode 18: Harvey the Hamster’s Half-Hour of Horror

Several days after returning from New York, the Central Florida Ghostbusters are getting back to their normal routine. Before they can get too comfortable, they receive a call from a television producer in Miami. The children’s show, Harvey The Hamster, is being haunted by the ghost of Mr. Richard, the recently deceased host of Mr. Richard’s Land of Imagination. The Ghostbusters hit the road yet again, but this time they’ll be forced to deal with what might be their most surreal encounter yet! Suit up and tune, it’s time for your favorite show: “Harvey the Hamster’s Half-Hour of Horror”!
Thanks to the fans who made this episode possible: Arkais, Trench88, Benjamin Britt, BigBadShadowMan, Ethan Krueger, Cassie Muldrow, Berto.El.Con, Caitlin Krueger, Mauran, Stuart Edney, and Twomper!
GBPaulRivera, Christof liked this
Ghostbusters Resurrection is not just my favorite podcast, it was absolutely one of the factors that brought me back to the Fandom after years. Keep up the great work, Doug!

Season 3 - Episode 1: All Hallows’ Day

The Central Florida Ghostbusters are throwing a Halloween party, and you’re invited!
All Hallows’ Eve is always the busiest night of the year, but our heroes still find the time to get down and hand out candy in-between busts. Of course, it’s not long before strange calls come in – and by Halloween standards, “strange” can only mean something bad. But hey, it’s been two years since the last world-threatening paranormal calamity… What could possibly go wrong?
Join our heroes: LaForge (the muscle), Briggs (the brains), Wall (the moves), Poole (the cool) and Nina (the rookie) as they fight back the forces of darkness on a Halloween that you’ll never forget!

It’s been a long wait for Season 3 – so we’re launching with two episodes at once!

Season 3 - Episode 2: All Hallows’ Evening

The night has barely started and the Ghostbusters are already slammed. An animated mailbox, a backyard full of buried bones, and much more to come including the perils of a Walmart bathroom and the tourist trap charms of mini golf. While the team run back and forth across town, the party at the HQ gets into full swing. But business as usual comes to a complete halt when a familiar face comes knocking at their door. The Ghostbusters once again find themselves in a precarious situation that turns the whole nigh ton its head.
Been away too long! Here's the next two episodes!

Season 3 - Episode 3: Halloween Night

It’s Halloween night, and while the Ghostbusters scramble to find a cure for vampirism, the night only gets busier. This time, they’re called in to handle a gluttonous ghost that’s harassing moviegoers at a local cinema. But there are also reports of a museum exhibit running wild, a pervy poltergeist harassing a massage parlor’s clientele, and yet another mystery involving a golf course. Little do they know, not everything is as it seems, and this is just the beginning of the longest night of their lives.

Season 3 - Episode 4: No Ghost

After the shocking arrival of an evil ancient deity on Earth, the Central Florida Ghostbusters struggle to come up with a plan of action. One of the surviving cult members is being held by the Orlando Police Department and refuses to cooperate until he speaks with the Ghostbusters. With no fresh leads and little time to spare, our heroes head downtown to play a little game of “good Ghostbuster, bad Ghostbuster”. What happens next puts them on a deadly path into an endless, apocalyptic night.
Christof liked this
New episode!

Season 3 - Episode 5: Branch Out

As the Ghostbusters rush back to the firehouse, their first concern is for the children still at the Halloween party inside. Once they’re safely evacuated, it’s time to get to work. They’ve got more questions than answers and no idea who to trust or where to begin. Fortunately, there’s no shortage of calls and one new emergency is clearly bigger than the rest: the wetlands at Mead Botanical Garden are growing out of control and consuming the surrounding neighborhoods in a supernatural swamp. If the Ghostbusters are going to survive this night, they’ll need more help.
Just finished episode 5, and man, you are a great DM. I have been DMing our game of GBDND and im having trouble with the combat, any tips on how to make combat work a little better ?

Thanks man!
Sean
The New Ghostbusters Of Long Island!
Thanks, MovieSean! What kind of trouble do you think you're having? Does the combat not feel fast enough? Are players taking too long? Is the baddie not dangerous (or funny) enough? Have you asked for any feedback from your players?
Im having a bit of trouble making the baddies bad enough lol most of the time they seem like more of a nuisance then a threat, I have even come up with some really interesting abilities like time shifts and trapping players in pocket dimensions but I never really get that feeling of urgency and threat that I want baddies to have! Any tips on abilities or just how to make the gameplay feel less point and shooty would be super appreciated!
Well, does each ghost have a "goal" it's trying to achieve? If it's just a floating target sign, then your players are just going to take turns shooting it until it's trapped. But if it has something it NEEDS, then it'll try to do that regardless of what the Ghostbusters are trying to do. If you need some inspiration, get a D6 and roll once for each category on this chart we made:

Is the ghost funny? Scary? Sad? Each situation can be different. Maybe the best way to stop the haunting is NOT to shoot it. Let them role play a discussion with it. Maybe through a seance?

If you want to it be more dangerous, that can be tough. Your ghost will only get one turn to do anything, but each member of your team will get to take a shot. To mix it up, have the environment react even if the ghost can't. If a player misses their shot and rolls a ghost, have a lighting fixture fall out of the ceiling, and now you team has to duck as it comes swinging by! Or if you hit it, the ghost goes through the wall, and into the ladies lockeroom next door. It's easy to just get focused on what the ghost and team are doing, but remember the environment can be just as much of a character.

The TYPES of powers a ghost has isn't as important as what it uses them for. Ghost can possess people to avoid being shot. What if instead, a ghost possessed a stray dog and tried to make a run for it? Now you've got a chase scene where several Ghostbusters are running down the street where anything can happen. Maybe some nearby people think you're trying to hurt a regular dog and try to stop you! Maybe the dog isn't a stray, and it's owner shows up not knowing their dog is possessed!

The point I'm trying to get to is that it's easy to accidentally fall into a routine of "You show up, you shoot it until it's weak, then you trap it. Hooray." So try to think of things in advance that could change or go wrong. Take the fight outside (or inside!) Have people stumble into the problem without knowing what's going on. Have the ghost randomly pick one Ghostbuster and only attack THEM. Or maybe the ghost has a secret ability it will only reveal if it thinks it's in real trouble. Like in The Princess Bride: "I am not left-handed!"

You'll never be able to predict what your players will want to do, but just plan out some possibilities ahead of time, and when the time is right, spring it on them!

Anyway, I've been rambling again. But if you need more inspiration, you can check out the rest of our Investigation Chart here.

I hope this helped. Let us know how your next game goes!
Christof liked this
I have used the charts but what you said about making sure they have a mission and a purpose sounds more like my problem. I have had a few really good ones (a judge demon in another dimension that they didnt need to fight as much as negotiate with to save their fellow busters, A ghost that controls time that sends them back to medieval times where the meet a medieval version of the OG Ghostbusters, a zombie horde that I used the dice from the "Zombies Run" game to see if they got away got hurt or killed zombies." But the purpose of the smaller ghosts has always been my issue I think changing that up will spice up the game a but more!

Thanks for the advice and keep up the good work on the podcast sir!

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]