By RickH
Is anyone interested in getting a Ghostbusters team together for Supanova Sydney? It's in June.

http://www.supanova.com.au/

Australia doesn't have many big conventions like in the US, so this is a rare opportunity to get out there in uniform without looking like a spaz ;) Anyone keen?
By RickH
I just sent the Supanova people an email regarding promotions for Ghostbusters: The Video Game. I'm hopeful they can get someone from the cast down here for the convention. Maybe Ernie Hudson, since he did the rounds in the UK last year.
By ode2kenobi
Hey
was my plan to go to supernova in gear ( felt lame last year going not dressed up )so that would be great to get a troup together, im on the final stages of my pack now so will definetly be done for the expo
By ode2kenobi
The whole specticle of it was great, seeing like minded people going round showing of their costumes like sports fans showing of their teams colours was awesome
Having the 501st there was what made it for me, I got my photo taken with anyone dressed in Star Wars costume that I could. was a laugh
By ted+annette
It's a shame that it's not before the games release. It's literally a day after the games street date.
By ode2kenobi
Thats why like Rick was saying there should be something for it as last year there was heaps of gaming booths and I know we're biased but it has to be one of the biggest releases of the year
By ted+annette
ode2kenobi wrote:Thats why like Rick was saying there should be something for it as last year there was heaps of gaming booths and I know we're biased but it has to be one of the biggest releases of the year
I agree, it just would be better if it was a couple of weeks before the game is released so if they did set up a booth there it would generate more hype for it as an upcoming game. But I guess extra publicity for a "new release" wouldn't hurt either.

Atari Australia (or international, however it works) needs to get on with it and start selling this damn game already. I've only just started to see dummy boxes sprouting up in certain EB stores. Where's the pre-order promotions and posters and such? I want people to buy this thing so we'll get a sequel!
By ode2kenobi
I just sent off an email to atari australia marketing department to see if they would be doing anything for supernova as they are listed as a sponser, and a few of us would love to turn up in costume to help promote it, see what happens it may just get put in thier crazy persons file lol
By ted+annette
I'm sure if it was a coherently phrased inquiry then they'll reply. Most likely with a vague, useless, automated message that leaves you with no more information then you had before....buuut never hurts to try right? :cool:
By Dan AKA
I want all of you guys to know that I would be there if I had the money, if not for the convention but to listen to cute aussie chicks talk all damn day long.
By RickH
Hey ode2kenobi, do you have a pic of your Pack? I'd love to see it.

Bunnings is good for Proton Pack stuff. Electrical conduit and plumbing bits galore. And I like how they sell the tubing in small lengths, so you don't have to buy 3 metres of the stuff when all you want is 2 feet.

My pack is pretty much finished, all I need is some coloured vinyl tubing for the wires and a few knobs and labels. I've also dyed my suit grey but I haven't put a name patch on it yet.
By Charlie Richter
Dan AKA wrote:I want all of you guys to know that I would be there if I had the money, if not for the convention but to listen to cute aussie chicks talk all damn day long.
I can talk cute for ya Dan. :eyeroll:
By Dan AKA
Charlie_Richter wrote:
Dan AKA wrote:I want all of you guys to know that I would be there if I had the money, if not for the convention but to listen to cute aussie chicks talk all damn day long.
I can talk cute for ya Dan. :eyeroll:
You get me a plane ticket and visa pass, I'll let you talk all you want while I mac on the local flavor. :D
By RickH
Feel free to come down here, but we'll laugh at you while you try to lay the American charm on Aussie chicks, hehe. They're a different race to American women.
By Dan AKA
RickH wrote:Feel free to come down here, but we'll laugh at you while you try to lay the American charm on Aussie chicks, hehe. They're a different race to American women.
Funny thing about that, I'm not too terribly used to American women myself.
By ted+annette
RickH wrote:Feel free to come down here, but we'll laugh at you while you try to lay the American charm on Aussie chicks, hehe. They're a different race to American women.
Pfft American women, Aussie women doesn't make a difference who you're hitting on. They all have the exact same weakness: A grown man in a Ghostbusters jumpsuit.

The sight alone is simply irresistible to the ladies. :cool:
By ode2kenobi
This is the latest pic I have lent my flatmate my camera so i'll update when I get it back(he's in Sydney at the International Horror Film Festival) some things are just sat on in this but since have done a fair bit more injectors and stuff
By ode2kenobi
Just got this email from Atari about supernova

Hi,

Thanks for the email.
Yes we will be at all three events and will be displaying Ghostbusters and Afro samurai on Xbox 360.
Which events will you be attending?

thanks
Regards,
Stephen O'Leary| Online Manager | Atari Australia

i sent back

Hi Stephen

That's great news, obviously there has been a lot of talk on the boards for the game so we'd love to come out and support. At this stage just started organizing a crew for Sydney but with your confirmation we may get interest in the other states. Costumes and packs are screen accurate so should spark a bit of interest from passerby's, I know everyone is busy putting on that final touch in ready for supernova.

thanks for taking the time
Ben Fruend

i better get busy finishing that pack lol
By RickH
Someone posted this photo on the forum at work. Hopefully we see something like this at Supanova!

Oh yeah, there's some cool Ghostbusters in the background also....
By ode2kenobi
a couple of shots from last years Supernova, I asked the same thing when I saw the guy in the second pic
By AMC78
So how many of us are there going to be at Supernova at this stage? I am about a day off buying the nomex, got some Corcorans ordered, stretching pads atm, belt gizmo etc already have, bunnings I'll visit for gloves whenever not too concerned there, pack should be shipping any day now, patches and logo in the post, so hopefully I'm a few weeks off completion and when it comes together it will be very quickly. Thanks to Rick for his info too.
By ode2kenobi
Yeah im nearly all set, just waiting on my bumber and a few gun parts from MMM to finish my pack.

Suit i've just got to finish my pads and maybe get some new boots if I see some as the ones I have are just black desert boots and am working on my belt gizmo and goggles.

I couldn't find black gloves at Bunnings I took Rics advise and found some at Woolies.
By AMC78
Hrrrm got both up the road from the folks might go check it out. Cool so probably 3 of us going. I'm trying to get that Sat off so I can go for any day of the convention, when are you guys thinking of turning up? Else if I can't Sunday is a definate for me.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]