This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By groschopf
I'm working a model of the Ecto Containment Unit, combining elements from the film, cartoon, and comics in to one 3D environment. In trying to identify that chart device Egon looks at halfway through the film, I managed to make a part identification that I have yet to see having been made by anyone else.

I give you... the Speedomax chart recorder, built by Leeds and Northrup Company.

Apparently this device has been around since the mid-1940s, and once was used do such things as provide "complete unitized instrumentation systems for early research and test reactors" in the early days of the atomic age.

It appears the prop builders in the original film took two of these recorders, mounted them to that goofy metal upright fixture, slapped a green light on with... what is that, gaffers tape?... and called it good.
RedSpecial, Nighty80, mike_waclo and 4 others liked this
I want to say it also appears in the Axis Chemicals set from Batman '89. When Jack's causing a distraction by sending the machines into overdrive, there are two metal boxes with papers flying out of them.
Kingpin liked this
It always amazes me what makes up props in movies. As a kid you saw that and thought wow look at all that ghost monitoring tech. And then you find out the reality is it was 40 year old (at the time) technology with a light taped to it :lol:
RedSpecial liked this
By Nighty80
910dohead wrote: August 12th, 2021, 4:20 am Cats out of the bag now.
I hope these will help you out.
Awesome, thanks for sharing these!
I really hope you guys get to finish - so many parts ID'd and actually in-hand - amazing :)
Loooove the Westinghouse main breaker - I'm so jealous!

I'm building something myself, but can't get anywhere close to accurate parts due to availability/cost of here in the UK. Inevitably it'll be 'in the spirit of' which breaks my heart a little... but any containment is better than none I say :rofl:

Thanks once again :crunch:

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]